Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    derozan does not "normally" make 3's. He took 4 3's in this game that you say were good shots. They are not good shots for derozan especially in the playoffs and I cringe everytime he takes them. the 2 open 3's were still bad shots because we were in a stretch where all we were doing was taking jump shots and he had a wide open lane to the basket. so imo that makes 8 bad shots which is unacceptable in a playoff game. Hell, 4 bad shots is unacceptable! this is the playoffs, u cant just give possessions away cause u wanna be kobe.
    Those two corner 3's were not bad shots, they were actually very good 3pt shots for Demar to take. However, he should not have taken them because he should have never gotten the ball in the first place. Amir should have retained it and attempted to take Pierce in the post. This may be the only way to disrupt Pierce and get him off his game. Post him up. Amir was in good position to make a move but of course he gave it up to the open derozan. If the Raps are to win this series it will be in the paint. BKN has too many players and too much length on the perimeter. We have to take advantage of Amir's length over Pierce.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      i remember seeing this at the game and it was just sad. hes actually a pretty good corner 3 shooter and missing both when he was wide open just told you immediately he wasn't going to have a good shooting night.
      Yeah when he missed that second one I knew he was going to have a terrible shooting game.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Looking at your list, I'm guessing #7 is the corner 3 when he had 2 guys in his face but lost his dribble so jacked up the trey?

If so, that wasn't a good shot. Yes he is trapped, but with his athleticism, he should be able to elevate over the defence and find the open man on the perimeter. If he was Durant, or Curry or even Korver, that shot is ok, but he isn't a marksman. He needed to make the heady play there and make the defence pay for doubling him by finding the open teammate (either directly or indirectly).

Overall though, I agree that Demar didn't take a ton of bad shots, but he did have too many for a playoff game. He was pressing, which isn't a surprise. The whole team kinda was though, so that's not wholly on Demar, but as a leader, it's up to him to lead by example. I expect a much better game from DD in game 2. I also hope that the refs let Ross play this game, cause we could certainly use him.
        Again I didn't say it was a good shot. It wasn't really a bad one though just meh.

Agree with your post though.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          Again I didn't say it was a good shot. It wasn't really a bad one though just meh.

Agree with your post though.
          Not good = bad in my books. It was a poor decision and would have been a tough shot even if he was "feeling it"
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Not good = bad in my books. It was a poor decision and would have been a tough shot even if he was "feeling it"
            Ok then.

I just prefer to put things on a spectrum, rather than just black and white. But to each his own.

Comment

2 of those threes were CORNER THREES. DeRozan shoots over 40% from the corners, so yes that is a shot that he normally makes. This is something you would notice just from watching games, you don't even need stats to tell you that he is effective from that spot.

I didn't say all 4 threes were good shots. Two were great shots (the 2 open corner threes). The contested one was an ok shot, not great. The one off the pass from Lowry was a necessary shot because there was hardly any time on the shot clock.

As usual you're not making any sense...
              I get that they were open and corner 3's but he hadn't made a shot yet and hadn't tried to get to the rim yet. We were in a rut and shooting jumpers. He had a WIDE OPEN lane to the rim TWICE. I still think they are bad decisions. He also had a wide open 3 from the same spot later in the game but passed it up and drove to the rim and got fouled. GREAT decision. Also that running layup from 8 feet out with someone all over him when he throws it off the top of the backboard was a terrible shot and unnecessary. Even if we disagree on those 2 shots, he still made way too many poor decisions. Now I see why you got so upset when I called him out in another thread. Blind homerism. If you're ok with giving away so many possessions just because you like demar and you clap when he takes terrible shots and they happen to fall then debating with you is useless.

Basically every media outlet is talking about his poor shot selection in that game. You wanna act all high and mighty and say that I don't know what im talking about just because I disagree with you but YOU are in the minority here. It's clear that you would defend demar if he committed murder.
              Last edited by Machine; Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                I get that they were open and corner 3's but he hadn't made a shot yet and hadn't tried to get to the rim yet. We were in a rut and shooting jumpers. He had a WIDE OPEN lane to the rim TWICE. I still think they are bad decisions. He also had a wide open 3 from the same spot later in the game but passed it up and drove to the rim and got fouled. GREAT decision. Also that running layup from 8 feet out with someone all over him when he throws it off the top of the backboard was a terrible shot and unnecessary. Even if we disagree on those 2 shots, he still made way too many poor decisions. Now I see why you got so upset when I called him out in another thread. Blind homerism. If you're ok with giving away so many possessions just because you like demar and you clap when he takes terrible shots and they happen to fall then debating with you is useless.

Basically every media outlet is talking about his poor shot selection in that game. You wanna act all high and mighty and say that I don't know what im talking about just because I disagree with you but YOU are in the minority here. It's clear that you would defend demar if he committed murder.
                no idea what the fuck you're trying to argue here. i'm a HUGE demar critic. WIDE OPEN corner 3 where DD usually hits 40%+ are good decision shots. no idea why you think there needs to be some prerequisite made shot before he should attempt them. you're just grasping at straws, buddy.

Comment

You do realize that DeRozan for the most part was missing shots that he normally makes right?

#3: Open corner three, misses.

#6: Lowry gives him the pass for an open three late in the shot clock. He basically has to take this shot... Misses.

#7: Takes a contested corner 3 here. The Nets feed said it was a bad shot, but he shoots a very high percentage from that spot.

#10: Gets all the way to the rim, past his defender but misses the layup.

I count 4 bad shots there, and one was taken with basically no time on the shot clock.
                  #3 was quite contested

#5 was a terrible shot

#6 was not late in the clock, there was 6 seconds left when it left his hands.

#7 10 seconds left on clock and HIGHLY contested 3...wtf

#10 Did a good job of getting into the paint, just a note here that he can't fade away from KG on the drive and needs to try to go through him

Overall I counted 6 BAD shots, and 1 ok one. Half of his shots were not good shots...That is TERRIBLE

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  2 of those threes were CORNER THREES. DeRozan shoots over 40% from the corners, so yes that is a shot that he normally makes. This is something you would notice just from watching games, you don't even need stats to tell you that he is effective from that spot.

I didn't say all 4 threes were good shots. Two were great shots (the 2 open corner threes).
                  DD only took 1 good corner shot IMO.

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  I'm not saying DeMar played well or excusing his poor play in that game btw. But it's not like he was just forcing up prayers all game, that's my point.
                  He forced up a ton of prayers. (6 official for me, plus a couple more where he got fouled)

There were a few more shots where he is pump faking and falling into players and GOT the call so we don't see those in the stat margin...those are such bad shots

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    no idea what the fuck you're trying to argue here. i'm a HUGE demar critic. WIDE OPEN corner 3 where DD usually hits 40%+ are good decision shots.
                    that's fair to say but I disagree the way the game was going. BKN was consistently getting inside on us and aside from JV early on, all we were doing was taking jumpshots. Demar had already missed some jumpshots and hadn't even tried to get to the rim yet. He had 2 easy opportunities to get to the rim to take us out of the rut. Plus its demar. He ONLY takes those corner 3's when he's wide open. 40% means he misses most of those wide open 3's and doesn't "usually" make them so we shouldn't be surprised that he missed.

Either way, to say that those 2 3's were good shots so now everyone should stop talking about his poor shot selection... I mean, he had at least 6 other terrible shots. "no idea what the fuck you're trying to argue here"
                    Last edited by Machine; Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Meh, I'm done. The fact that iblastoff and Axel for the most part agreed with my breakdown is enough for me, because both of them are usually highly critical of DeRozan. The fact that Fox is trying to argue that the corner 3 is not a good shot for DeMar is ridiculous so I'm not even going to get into it other than saying he shoots 40% from the corners (1.2 PPS), you need to shoot 60% from 2 to be that efficient. So that about sums it up.

Hopefully he shoots better tonight and also attacks the rim more. Ross staying out of foul trouble will help to provide spacing as well making his life a bit easier.
                      Last edited by imanshumpert; Tue Apr 22, 2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Meh, I'm done. The fact that iblastoff and Axel for the most part agreed with my breakdown is enough for me, because both of them are usually highly critical of DeRozan. The fact that Fox is trying to argue that the corner 3 is not a good shot for DeMar is ridiculous so I'm not even going to get into it other than saying he shoots 40% from the corners (1.2 PPS), you need to shoot 60% from 2 to be that efficient. So that about sums it up.

Hopefully he shoots better tonight and also attacks the rim more. Ross staying out of foul trouble will help to provide spacing as well making his life a bit easier.
                        The problem with the corner 3's is that the first one was extremely well contested and then on the second one, he could driven in for a huge dunk (possibly an and-one) to get the crowd off their feet. A 'good shot' VS a 'bad shot' is more than just stats/analytics. Also, a 'good shot' becomes 'poor shot selection' if it was taken instead of an even better shot, which was obviously available to any player with even an average BBIQ (plus I question the confidence of a player to hit a shot he missed only seconds earlier, on a night when his shot isn't falling to begin with).

You are comparing certain shots to his regular season analytics, without factoring in context of that game and those particular moments.

Comment

Meh, I'm done. The fact that iblastoff and Axel for the most part agreed with my breakdown is enough for me, because both of them are usually highly critical of DeRozan. The fact that Fox is trying to argue that the corner 3 is not a good shot for DeMar is ridiculous so I'm not even going to get into it other than saying he shoots 40% from the corners (1.2 PPS), you need to shoot 60% from 2 to be that efficient. So that about sums it up.

He actually shoots 37.5% from the left corner 3 where he took those shots. By comparison, Deron Williams shoots 47.8% from the same spot, Ross shoots 47.4% from that spot, Patterson shoots 43.3%, joe Johnson shoots 47.1%,
                          Last edited by Machine; Tue Apr 22, 2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• calgaryrapsfan wrote: View Post
                            the problem with the corner 3's is that the first one was extremely well contested and then on the second one, he could driven in for a huge dunk (possibly an and-one) to get the crowd off their feet. A 'good shot' vs a 'bad shot' is more than just stats/analytics. Also, a 'good shot' becomes 'poor shot selection' if it was taken instead of an even better shot, which was obviously available to any player with even an average bbiq (plus i question the confidence of a player to hit a shot he missed only seconds earlier, on a night when his shot isn't falling to begin with).

You are comparing certain shots to his regular season analytics, without factoring in context of that game and those particular moments.
                            this!

Demar's value to us comes from driving to the basket and getting to the rim or making plays for others. NOT his famous long 2's and certainly not his 3's. When he has an opportunity to drive to the basket for easy buckets he has to take it.
                            Last edited by Machine; Tue Apr 22, 2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              The problem with the corner 3's is that the first one was extremely well contested and then on the second one, he could driven in for a huge dunk (possibly an and-one) to get the crowd off their feet. A 'good shot' VS a 'bad shot' is more than just stats/analytics. Also, a 'good shot' becomes 'poor shot selection' if it was taken instead of an even better shot, which was obviously available to any player with even an average BBIQ (plus I question the confidence of a player to hit a shot he missed only seconds earlier, on a night when his shot isn't falling to begin with).

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              He actually shoots 37.5% from the left corner 3 where he took those shots. By comparison, Deron Williams shoots 47.8% from the same spot, Ross shoots 47.4% from that spot, Patterson shoots 43.3%, joe Johnson shoots 47.1%,
                              This is why you cant trust people like Imanshumpert, or anyone (including myself), who uses stats with an agenda. Numbers are easy to manipulate and they ignore all context.

Comment

• Ok so if we followed CRF's logic the Spurs would've won the title last year, because LeBron should've driven in after he missed the first three, instead of taking it again (wide open I might add) and making it.

Comment

Working...
                                X