Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL

JV just travelled without moving his feet - ref.

Comment

• Whats JV's stats look like?
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Whats JV's stats look like?
        Not sure, but something like 5-6 pts, couple rebs, 6 turnovers, 4 fouls.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Whats JV's stats look like?
          3-7 from the field, 1-2 from the line, 7 pts, 9 boards (5 offensive), 6 turnovers, 4 fouls. Only played 16 minutes due to foul trouble.

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
            3-7 from the field, 1-2 from the line, 7 pts, 9 boards (5 offensive), 6 turnovers, 4 fouls. Only played 16 minutes due to foul trouble.
            I didn't see the game so it's hard to know what to make of the foul trouble.

In my head, I'm thinking it's good, because it's the highest level basketball he's played in months. Macedonia, while not a powerhouse, is not a bad team. So it makes sense for him to need to get back up to speed.

But I'm also thinking....was it reffed well at all? Some of those int'l refs are just the worst...THE WORST. I mean, NBA refs are crap too, but I've seen int'l guys frequently make calls that make absolutely no sense whatsoever, such as this that @rocwell mentioned

LOL

JV just travelled without moving his feet - ref.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              I didn't see the game so it's hard to know what to make of the foul trouble.

In my head, I'm thinking it's good, because it's the highest level basketball he's played in months. Macedonia, while not a powerhouse, is not a bad team. So it makes sense for him to need to get back up to speed.

But I'm also thinking....was it reffed well at all? Some of those int'l refs are just the worst...THE WORST. I mean, NBA refs are crap too, but I've seen int'l guys frequently make calls that make absolutely no sense whatsoever, such as this that @rocwell mentioned
              I watched the game. It was an awful game with awful refs. JV was called for 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter if I remember right. It was a very physical and all defensive game, but the refs let play on in obvious foul situations half the time, while whistling fouls in situations where 2 big men would go at each other in the post creating normal contact, a couple non-exisitng travelling calls...

JV was extremely intense on positioning in the post and working the offensive glass, so I guess the refs thought it was a bit too much. JV managed to pull down 9 boards in about 15 minutes of PT (5 on the offensive glass). With little PT and foul trouble JV didn't get into any rhythm offensively (he sit out quarters 2 and 3) until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, when got on the floor again.

Overall, the Lithuanian team played pretty bad over the first half, couldn't complete any passes and finished the first half with 14 turnovers. But effort on D kept them close. In the second half, slowly but surely, they started playing better and made their run in the 4th to win it by 12.

This Lithuanian team has a lot of potential. They should win Eurobasket 2013 in Slovenia. Even when they struggle mightily in a game, they will still always have a chance to win. Their frontcourt players are amazing. Five 7 footers and all very capable on both ends. They also have lots of excellent outside shooters. If they find a way to make the right passes without turning the ball over and establish a good balance between inside and out games as a team, I don't see another team beating them. Hope JV wins GOLD and is named tournament MVP.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                I watched the game. It was an awful game with awful refs. JV was called for 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter if I remember right. It was a very physical and all defensive game, but the refs let play on in obvious foul situations half the time, while whistling fouls in situations where 2 big men would go at each other in the post creating normal contact, a couple non-exisitng travelling calls...

JV was extremely intense on positioning in the post and working the offensive glass, so I guess the refs thought it was a bit too much. JV managed to pull down 9 boards in about 15 minutes of PT (5 on the offensive glass). With little PT and foul trouble JV didn't get into any rhythm offensively (he sit out quarters 2 and 3) until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, when got on the floor again.

Overall, the Lithuanian team played pretty bad over the first half, couldn't complete any passes and finished the first half with 14 turnovers. But effort on D kept them close. In the second half, slowly but surely, they started playing better and made their run in the 4th to win it by 12.

This Lithuanian team has a lot of potential. They should win Eurobasket 2013 in Slovenia. Even when they struggle mightily in a game, they will still always have a chance to win. Their frontcourt players are amazing. Five 7 footers and all very capable on both ends. They also have lots of excellent outside shooters. If they find a way to make the right passes without turning the ball over and establish a good balance between inside and out games as a team, I don't see another team beating them. Hope JV wins GOLD and is named tournament MVP.
                Thanks for the breakdown

Comment

• Dunkin' Tablets!

Comment

• Rapzilla wrote: View Post

Dunkin' Tablets!
                    Those Lithuanian ads are hilarious!

Comment

• Rapzilla wrote: View Post

Dunkin' Tablets!
                      4 second ad? Those Lithuanians...
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        4 second ad? Those Lithuanians...
                        They always have something special ready. lol.

When I was in Lithuania for Eurobasket 2011 I saw Linas Kleiza on sparkling water bottle.

Comment

• these Macedonia stats aren't screaming NBA superstar to me.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                            these Macedonia stats aren't screaming NBA superstar to me.
                            ? trade him
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• "trade me right fucking now!!"

Comment

• Lithuania with JV plays Finland today @ 12:15 ET.

Tommorow vs Russia @ 12:15 ET

JV will have some challenges over the next couple games, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X