Bargs' Defense Not Improved Over The Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krix wrote: View Post
    We are all still raptors' fans even though we might have discrepancies in opinions. We all want Bargnani to "step up", that way our team wouldn't suck. The debate is whether these hopes are legitimate (backed up by stats) and probable (based on projection).

Take this analogy (or don't, it might be a terrible one). You and your friend are at the horse track, somehow a horse with one prosthetic leg made it on to the card and was pegged as a favourite, even though past races has shown that to be not true. Your buddy wants to bet his life savings on that horse, he claims,

"Joe, you don't understand my logic because you lack intelligence, with great power comes great responsibilities. Speaking from experience, that prosthetic horse has a jet pack up his ass"

Even after his obscene comments, being his friend, are you not still going to point out that the horse he's about to blow his life savings on has three legs and haven't won all day?

The problem with this debate, and the one in the fake analogy, is one side offers legitimate points, and the other, slander.
    great post - very creative analogy !! lol

Comment

• It's a good thing there raptors tv and I can see replays of some of the games from last season. Tbh barg defense is not that bad, he doesn't have a huge wingspan or explosiveness off the floor so he is and will never be a premier shot blocker but I rarely see him out of position except maybe in transition every now and then. To be completely honest alot of the bad defense I would put on bosh, Calderon, and jack who all refused to play D. I don't think many ppl noticed because bosh was putting up those scoring numbers but his defense especially help defense is terrible.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        It's a good thing there raptors tv and I can see replays of some of the games from last season. Tbh barg defense is not that bad, he doesn't have a huge wingspan or explosiveness off the floor so he is and will never be a premier shot blocker but I rarely see him out of position except maybe in transition every now and then. To be completely honest alot of the bad defense I would put on bosh, Calderon, and jack who all refused to play D. I don't think many ppl noticed because bosh was putting up those scoring numbers but his defense especially help defense is terrible.
        When you are saying Bargs defense didn't look so bad chances are very good that was because he was on the court with Amir
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It's a good thing there raptors tv and I can see replays of some of the games from last season. Tbh barg defense is not that bad, he doesn't have a huge wingspan or explosiveness off the floor so he is and will never be a premier shot blocker but I rarely see him out of position except maybe in transition every now and then. To be completely honest alot of the bad defense I would put on bosh, Calderon, and jack who all refused to play D. I don't think many ppl noticed because bosh was putting up those scoring numbers but his defense especially help defense is terrible.
          Well, apparently you're seeing something different from most of us, because when I watch Bargnani, he's certainly out of position a good amount of the time. Bosh was a better team defender than Bargnani.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I think people maybe asking for too much from a 7 foot 250 lbs unatheletic center. Don't think dirk, think ilgauskas with a three-point shot.

Comment

I think people maybe asking for too much from a 7 foot 250 lbs unatheletic center. Don't think dirk, think ilgauskas with a three-point shot.
              Bargnani is certainly not unathletic. for a 7 footer, he's one of the quicker one's out there.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
              X