No announcement yet.

To All BC fans and haters - I think BC's contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's much better. In fact it's the best thing next to a single passionate owner taking over.

Rogers & Bell make the most money when all their products are being bought at the same time, so it's not enough for the Leafs and Raptors to just go 82 sold out games and call it that. They need 82 sold out games with big ratings, plus playoff games with even bigger ratings. The only way you're getting ratings is if you're exciting and/or competitive.

They'll still do it for money, but they understand that winning = more money.

Just look at the Jays since Rogers bought them, sure they haven't made the playoffs (which is much tougher in MLB) but they're competitive now, there's always some excitement about them. I'm very optimistic for life after the TPP.

Comment

I think we keep him barring improvement, not necessarily playoffs. Our last 2 1st round draft picks brought us guys who can defend (or guys who were labeled as defensively capable). Our last major trade brought us one of the better defending point guards. Our last free agent signing brought us one of the better defending wing players. Playoffs or not, I like the direction this team is going.

All I need to see to be confident in BC is just solid improvement, and it looks like that is what we are going to get.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
        I think we keep him barring improvement, not necessarily playoffs. Our last 2 1st round draft picks brought us guys who can defend (or guys who were labeled as defensively capable). Our last major trade brought us one of the better defending point guards. Our last free agent signing brought us one of the better defending wing players. Playoffs or not, I like the direction this team is going.

All I need to see to be confident in BC is just solid improvement, and it looks like that is what we are going to get.
        None of the guys you listed have played for the Raptors yet. Stop buying the hype. Maybe they'll be great, maybe they'll be bad, but stop making these sweeping statements about guys who have yet to put on a Raptors jersey and proven themselves.

Comment

Get rid of him
          1) What have he and the other non playoff bound Toronto GM's done with what they have available to them?
          2) He wears Don Cherry high collars
          A career in Toronto of failure and once you think he is heading toward a rebuild he starts trading away draft choices and trying to make a splash with Nash. Under others this might have been viewed as part of a plan, under him not so much. No one else available? That is what they said about Triano. Come on Toronto. You don't have to lose. It is not natural... really...

Comment

What would you have done different as RAPTORS GM? Think about that now!!!
            It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
              What would you have done different as RAPTORS GM? Think about that now!!!
              I would have probably missed the play offs 4 years in a row without an apparent plan and if you owned the team and had a lick of sense you probably would fire me now!!! ...or something like that.
              Last edited by meductic; Tue Jul 24, 2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                None of the guys you listed have played for the Raptors yet. Stop buying the hype. Maybe they'll be great, maybe they'll be bad, but stop making these sweeping statements about guys who have yet to put on a Raptors jersey and proven themselves.
                Yup, you're right, none of these guys have played for the Raps yet. I really do not think I am "buying the hype" by saying Lowry and Fields are good defenders, and probably will play like good defenders under a defensive coach like Casey. And all I am saying about JV and Ross is that these are two draft picks who have good potential to become solid defenders.

You are saying I am making big statements about these players because I am "buying the hype", but I am making these statements based on how I feel they will play and develop with Casey. We saw the defensive improvement of this team with no added talent when Casey arrived. Now we see BC bring in a bunch of defensively gifted/capable players to play under Casey.
                Last edited by Red and White; Tue Jul 24, 2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

coming from the guy who thinks Alan Anderson should start. haha

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                    Yup, you're right, none of these guys have played for the Raps yet. I really do not think I am "buying the hype" by saying Lowry and Fields are good defenders, and probably will play like good defenders under a defensive coach like Casey. And all I am saying about JV and Ross is that these are two draft picks who have good potential to become solid defenders.

You are saying I am making big statements about these players because I am "buying the hype", but I am making these statements based on how I feel they will play and develop with Casey. We saw the defensive improvement of this team with no added talent when Casey arrived. Now we see BC bring in a bunch of defensively gifted/capable players to play under Casey.
                    I agree. It is rather insulting to be confronted with the "buying the hype/drinking the KoolAid" phraseology. This is an opinion infused forum. To assign such reasoning to those opposed to a point of view is a lazy assed and juvenile approach to a debate.

Comment

Did we pick up the team option the last time...I believe we did.
                      Did that make any difference ....

Now the team option is available again...if the team isnt has had enough as you say MATT after soo many years of no-playoffs or what not....why bother with team option.

Trust me I'm a big BC FAN...I voting keep him as we're heading in the right direction. Pre-mature...yes
                      LOL. I bet your looking forward to graduating high school next year, eh ?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        coming from the guy who thinks Alan Anderson should start. haha
                        When the other options are Fields, Kleiza and Derozan.......Alan Anderson should start

Comment

When the other options are Fields, Kleiza and Derozan.......Alan Anderson should start
                          All of those guys are better than him... hands down

Comment

Little premature but I'd say that the team option could be picked up.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I'm for picking up his option. I've been a fan of his and liked the decisions he made with the exception of Turk (yes, I think I'm one of few who thought the O'neal signing was a good decision).

He has the team moving in the right direction and I believe we're in position to possibly sign a max contract player next season if the option to do so is there. Not sure what else you could realistically ask for in a market which free agents aren't flocking to.

Comment

We need to keep him....considering the available options.
                                Who are the NBA personnel people that will be available going into next offseason? Has a comprehensive list been compiled? You don't know what the options are until you start looking. Again, for the umpteenth time, Colangelo coming to Toronto is the perfect example of a guy going to Toronto when no one thought it would happen.

As for the broader point of picking up BC's option, the only potential argument I can accept is that we should completely ignore past performance and grade him solely on the success of the 2012 team. Any review of his full tenure here simply can't lead to a conclusion that you keep him. His record is sub-500 and he has zero playoff series wins in 6 years. In fact, his tenure is actually worse than the 6 season preceding his arrival. Was everyone happy with those 6 seasons?

I have nothing against Colangelo personally. I met him at one of those season ticket holder things years ago and he was a very engaging, personable guy. I'm sure he's a gentleman and a smart businessman. But the bottom line is that he hasn't produced. It's not all his fault but he's the boss. It's long past time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X