Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    Best case scenario: Demar gets some rest and relaxation before training camp. With or without DD, USA basketball will be the only team with 12 NBA players on the roster. It should be good for gold.
    Actually, the Americans have rarely fared well at this tournament, and they've always sported a Pro Team.
    Before winning it last year, they hadn't won it since 1994, when it was held in Toronto/Hamilton. They even Finished as low as 6th in 2002.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ball_World_Cup

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Actually, the Americans have rarely fared well at this tournament, and they've always sported a Pro Team.
      Before winning it last year, they hadn't won it since 1994, when it was held in Toronto/Hamilton. They even Finished as low as 6th in 2002.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ball_World_Cup
      Coach K is 62 wins and 1 loss in FIBA rules competition. The Americans had an amateur team in FIBA events before 1992. The first tournament was in 1950.

The 1994 FIBA World Championship, held in Ontario, Canada after original host Belgrade was forced to withdraw on account of the Yugoslav Wars, was full of new sights. In 1989, FIBA made the decision to open up future competitions to professional players, starting with the 1992 Summer Olympics.
      Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ball_World_Cup
      Last edited by stretch; Tue Aug 19, 2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Mr.Grinch wrote:
        He had a rookie year like that of Kobe. He is more athletic than kobe. And he has a very good work ethic.
        I'd say theres 2 points to this .. Demar has proven that with him, the sky really is the limit. There's no telling how much more he could improve. And secondly, if James Harden gets to be called a Superstar, I see no reason why Demar couldn't. If we continue making noise in the East, he'll get his dues.
        Last edited by Joey; Tue Aug 19, 2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I'd say theres 2 points to this .. Demar has proven that with him, the sky really is the limit. There's no telling how much more he could improve. And secondly, if James Harden gets to be called a Superstar, I see no reason why Demar couldn't. If we continue making noise in the East, he'll get his dues.
          Kinda random, but, after watching that Team USA scrimmage, I've started imagining DeMar as this creative scorer type. A guy who is pretty good hitting mid-range shots, drives to the rim a lot, and uses both of those things to create shots for others like mad. You know, like a point forward who can't shoot outside the 3 point line.

I also think I'm high. May cancel out the earlier thought.

EDIT: Not actually high, don't do drugs kids.
          Last edited by Mindlessness; Tue Aug 19, 2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to see DeMar this upcoming season.

His first 2 seasons I had all the same hopes and optimism I have for current crop of Raps young players such as JV, TR, and now Bruno.

Year 3 and 4 really turned me (understatement of the year?). I stand by many of my opinions regarding his play in year 3 and 4. It really and truly was bad basketball and I'll leave it at that.

Heading in to year 5 I was not convinced he was the exception to the rule about 4 years in to the league and playing nearly 10,000 minutes. Turns out I was wrong on that. People on these forums (not the emotion backed posters, but the posters with rational and objective approaches) have also done a good job of showing improvement in his play.

So as we eagerly anticipate year 6, I am looking forward to what DeMar brings. Without the homerism of year 1 and 2, the bitterness of year 3 and 4, and the skepticism of year 5 I hope I can sit back and truly watch as his dedication to his craft the last 5 years hopefully leads to a better understanding of the game and, most importantly, decisions within it.

*by the way, I'm so freaking bored tonight... someone in Dynasty send me a trade proposal! lol*

Comment

• Anyone have access to ESPN Insider SG projections?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...s-warp-2014-15

All I got from here (http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/8/1...shooting-guard) is that top five goes Harden, Wade, Ellis, Butler, Waiters, but it looks like they're using WARP as the baseline stat? I'm curious where they've pegged DeMar.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Wait a minute...someone else has Waiters better than DD other than me??

@imanshumpart can you please confirm this??

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Wait a minute...someone else has Waiters better than DD other than me??

@imanshumpart can you please confirm this??
                  I think imanshumpart is on a forum hiatus.

Comment

Ahh...no wonder it has been quiet

Either way, I'm glad I'm not alone in that thought...got a lot a hate here for it

Comment

• Derozan didn't make it in their Top 10.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I'm guessing because Demar plays more of the 3 spot for this team.

Comment

• They said he needs to have another good season before they put him in Top 10.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            They said he needs to have another good season before they put him in Top 10.
                            And what about Waiters ... ? Shouldn't he have ONE good season before being placed in the Top 5? Stupid.

Waiters sucks.

Comment

ie banned? Yep!

Comment

And what about Waiters ... ? Shouldn't he have ONE good season before being placed in the Top 5? Stupid.

Waiters sucks.
                                Yeah I don't quite get the Waiters love in NBA circles. He hasn't proven to be much of a player yet but has all the attitude of someone who has arrived. I think he'll be a bust.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X