Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bryan Colangelo Bosh’s Pawn?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...heat-game.html

Q: Will Toronto’s insistence on a sign and trade ruin our chances of getting Bosh? Can it work out in Miami’s favor? — Kevin.

A: It has nothing to do with what Toronto wants. The Heat simply can sign Bosh into its cap space. Bosh then can go back to the Raptors and say, “I’m going to the Heat, but I can earn more if you want to get something back in a sign and trade.” What the Raptors want has absolutely nothing to do with the process. It’s what Bosh wants. Bryan Colangelo is Bosh’s pawn right now, nothing more.
    Alot of fans are dreaming about a great deal that would benefit Toronto but in the end I think we are going to get pretty much next to squat. I think it will come down to a game of chess between Colangelo and Bosh (agent) and will go something like this:

Bosh: I want to go to Miami BC, so lets do this sign and trade thing.

BC: hold on Bosh not so fast, the thing is that Miami hasn't offered us much but mediocre players with long contracts and they haven't even included Beasley or 1st round picks in the deal. I might have to pass on this one.

Bosh: BUT I WANT TO GO TO MIAMI.

BC: but I will get almost nothing...

Bosh: Ok i'm tired of this so you got two choices: Either I sign with Miami without a sign and trade and you get nothing or you do a sign and trade and you get something, got that?!

BC: damn it!!!

I've been saying what this writer just said for months now. Bosh is in the driver's seat and Colangelo is merely riding shotgun.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...heat-game.html

Alot of fans are dreaming about a great deal that would benefit Toronto but in the end I think we are going to get pretty much next to squat. I think it will come down to a game of chess between Colangelo and Bosh (agent) and will go something like this:

Bosh: I want to go to Miami BC, so lets do this sign and trade thing.

BC: hold on Bosh not so fast, the thing is that Miami hasn't offered us much but mediocre players with long contracts and they haven't even included Beasley or 1st round picks in the deal. I might have to pass on this one.

Bosh: BUT I WANT TO GO TO MIAMI.

BC: but I will get almost nothing...

Bosh: Ok i'm tired of this so you got two choices: Either I sign with Miami without a sign and trade and you get nothing or you do a sign and trade and you get something, got that?!

BC: damn it!!!
      on the day they are going to announce bosh is going to get traded to miami... bc is thinking about what he's going to say in his presser, when...

"hey, wait a minute..." ...

it's one of bc's minions

"what if we pull of this 4-team trade..."

bc: why that's even crazier than then the hedo one."

minion: "crazy, yes. but, so crazy that if we do this, that, and the other it just might work out in our favour."

bc: "marizio, what do you think"

gheradini"is good, but needs one thing"

bc:"what's that?"

gheradini"needs euoropean"

bc; "you're right, all in favour say I"

minion"but... nevermind. I , i guess."

once again, the raptors have another mediocre season squeak into the playoffs and get sweeped by cleveland.

but, bc isn't fired because we made the playoffs and he's going to resellus in the summer by acquiring the supposed "missing piece".

which will turn out to be a lazy, overpaid european. history repeats itself...

to answer your question you'd have to hope bosh's agent got hit by a bus. for colangelo to even have a chance to be in the driver's seat.
      be afraid... be very afraid.
      Last edited by LBF; Wed Apr 28, 2010, 08:52 PM.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        bc: "marizio, what do you think"

gheradini"is good, but needs one thing"

bc:"what's that?"

gheradini"needs euoropean"

bc; "you're right, all in favour say I"

minion"but... nevermind. I , i guess."
        LOL its funny cause its true.

Comment

The scariest part is that if Bosh goes this route, there is literally no one I would want to trade for on Miami, unless somehow O'Neil and Haslem come back at GREATLY reduced rates. Joel Anthony as a backup C? There's not a lot there.

Maybe a package of draft picks if Miami doesn't want to take on the salaries they would be otherwise forced to take through the draft. But a Wade/Bosh nucleus would be so dominant that I doubt that those picks would be good for much of anything, especially with the Raps' draft history.

Probably best just to cut him loose, and have BC come out and say something like "Chris Bosh stopped being a Raptor and became an unrestricted free agent on July 1st and had set his sights on Miami. I tried to get pieces of value in return, but there was no match. What did you think, that I'd be able to bring back Dwyane Wade in return?"

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            Probably best just to cut him loose, and have BC come out and say something like "Chris Bosh stopped being a Raptor and became an unrestricted free agent on July 1st and had set his sights on Miami. I tried to get pieces of value in return, but there was no match. What did you think, that I'd be able to bring back Dwyane Wade in return?"
            I don't believe that BC can afford to just cut him loose and get nothing for him, he must get something for him. Bosh and his agent knows this which is why they won't leave 30 million dollars on the table.

In the end its going to be exactly what happened with T-mac: sign and trade for a first round pick (mid level of coarse )
            Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Apr 28, 2010, 10:17 PM.

Comment

can 30mill capspace.... be a good thing?

Why have 1 impact player... if BC "can" get 1 or more players that "could" have an impact for a cheaper price such as Boozer, Amare... etc
              Last edited by KakashiPrince; Wed Apr 28, 2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I don't get it. If Bosh leaves without a S&T, can't we just sign someone else from the free agent list?

Comment

Welcome to the board Danny. To answer your question Danny, without resigning Bosh the Raptors will be very close to the salary cap. So much so that they won't have enough to spend on a star player or even a role player. All they could have at their disposal is the MLE (Mid Level Exception), which is calculated based on the average league salary. Last season the MLE was around 5 1/2 million dollar. To sum it up, Bosh leaving the Raptors empty handed would be a huge setback to the club. Think Vince Carter trade setback.

Comment

Are you sure about that Apollo? Without Bosh's salary we're almost 10 million under the cap. After you add in cap holds, we may have minimal cap space left over and I don't think we'd have the MLE. If we renounce the rights to all our players (including Amir Johnson), then I believe we'd have about 9.8 million (minus the amount for a rookie contract) to spend on a FA.

Comment

Ok, you're right about that. I had the old rumored "new" cap number of $51M in my head which now looks like junk. Let me ask you this though. Remove Bosh, remove Johnson and take the $9.673M to the market, what do you expect to find? Keep in mind that the market dictated an average of $10.6M/yr for Hedo last off-season. Also keep in mind that they would not have access to the MLE or BAE. What that adds up to me is a lotto bound team set back years. They need a S&T.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Apr 29, 2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Oh I agree, we probably wouldn't be getting much by renouncing everyone. It makes much more sense to sign and trade bosh and use the MLE, was just pointing out that we do in fact have cap space if Bosh just up and decides to leave.

Comment

Working...
                        X