The BRIGHT Future of the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BRIGHT Future of the Raptors

There's no denying that the 2009-2010 campaign was a disappointment, but this was also the year that Amir Johnson, Kid Dynamite & Money Weems have emerged as "The Young Gunz" and remain a big part of this franchise's bright future. Here's a YouTube tribute to them:

- bhattmagandhi
    Last edited by bhattmagandhi; Sat Apr 17, 2010, 11:08 AM.
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Very nice mix. The Young Gunz were definitely the major highlight of the season for me. Their high energy play and hustle was exciting to watch. BC needs to make sure he resigns Amir! Along with JJ, I like this core moving forward (not earth shattering, but at the very least we'll have fun watching 'em).

Thanks for posting this bhattmagandhi

Comment

Nice little Raptor fix there ... that was fun. Hope we keep those three guys for a good while.

Comment

That was a wicked vid. Those guys were definitely the best part of the Raptors' season.

Comment

The name "Kid Dynamite" has to be thrown in a fox hole and detonated. Immediately. Nice vid though.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            The name "Kid Dynamite" has to be thrown in a fox hole and detonated. Immediately. Nice vid though.
            totally agree
            terrible nickname
            but thats Matt Delvin for you...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Yup. Just terrible.

"Compton Kid" isn't too bad and DD has said he likes it sooo...

As an aside if the Dinos manage to sign Amir, his jersey will definitely be the next one I buy.

Comment

I don't know about the Compton Kid.
                It doesn't describe him as a baller, and in a couple years he'll have to change it (won't be a kid anymore).
                Kid Dynamite wasn't very good, but it's on the right track with the whole explosiveness thing.

Comment

most of those plays were when jj was the pg.

he shouldn't have been taken out of the starting line up.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'm Sayin' DeMar "DeRazor" DeRozan... "DeRazor Slashes The Lane For The KA-BOOM!"(As Chuck would say)...Cuttin and slashin', that's hopefully gonna be the way he plays if he doesn't get Vinsyndrome and shoot J's all day.

Comment

Here are a few possible nicknames for DeRozan from RaptorForum.com

Double D (DD)
                      Heir Canada
                      super demario
                      D-Rex
                      DeMarvelous
                      Air Diesel
                      D-Roz
                      D-Train
                      Heavy D
                      Derocious
                      D-Day
                      Demar Express

More on link
                      Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Sat Apr 17, 2010, 05:38 PM.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Here are a few possible nicknames for DeRozan from RaptorForum.com

Double D (DD)
                        ummm...

Comment

how about DeMazing? LOL
                          "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
                          ------------------------------------------
                          "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

haha great video, I thought the post was sarcastic as first.

I'm the first one to throw Jose under the bus, but he was in just as many plays at Jack.

Comment

"Demar DeRozen with a demonic dunk!"
                              "DeRozen De-capitate [insert team/player] with the amazing play"
                              "D-Zone"?? or DeMoralizer!

Comment

Working...
                              X