X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha ok man.

You win.... i'll just go shine my hat

hahaha

as if its a big conspiracy that the NBA, guided by Stern used the promotion of stars, and the officiating of said stars to maintain visible stat lines to sell the game on and off the court.... this is fucking NBA 101..... but yeah, I got me a tin foil hat hahahaha

you talking crazy....that, and stop acting so fucking holier than thou "canadian". its boring.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      Come on now, a few examples doesn't make a rule. Every sport has examples just like you mentioned, it doesn't mean there's a conspiracy.

And as for the response above about vets not learning how to game the system, I could write a ten page essay on why you're dead wrong, but if you can't see it for yourself then what's the point? You've correctly identified the issue with KG, but misplaced the blame on some conspiracy instead of just accepting that years in the NBA will give you an instinctive feel for what you can get away with based on sight lines for officials, experience with individual officials and how they call things, how to disguise contact, and things like holds, locking arms, jersey pulls, etc. The idea that the officials don't call fouls on certain players because they want them on the floor is nothing short of ridiculous.
      I agree with what your saying for the most part...I also think these officials have seen the million hours of game film on these players and now their little cheats. Let's imagine the officials are as experienced as the players which in essence they are. And because of that, it should at least partially nullify any of these.

And lets talk about how JKidds 25, 000 bucks bought us eleven more fouls. C'mon...read the article that was done on this website about the JV calls. Pretty interesting actually...

And by the by, I've been playing and watching Bball since the seventies. Played high school and some college...just in case you were going start rolling your eye lids and declaiming my lack of basketball gravitas.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
        Fouls per 36 is a useless comparator between JV and KG in a single series, given that minutes played is not independent of fouls.

Picking up 3 fouls in 1 half is a lot different than picking up 3 fouls by the 4th quarter.

But in any case, i'm not even talking about this series specifically at this point. You really think that anyone else was getting away with Hibbert's "verticality" earlier this season? or that anyone else can get away with setting screens like KG?
        Sigh. Sure, it's all a conspiracy and has nothing to do with a young center learning the game in an unfamiliar setting. This certainly never happens with other young centers in the playoffs when they go against vets either. Must all be in the officiating, because Kevin Garnett sells some jerseys, which the NBA clearly values over the integrity of their game. I guess Mason Plumlee is picking up all those fouls because they want JV on the floor? Or is that part of making sure Kidd plays KG, despite his minutes restriction? I'm confused.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          as if its a big conspiracy that the NBA, guided by Stern used the promotion of stars, and the officiating of said stars to maintain visible stat lines to sell the game on and off the court.... this is fucking NBA 101..... but yeah, I got me a tin foil hat hahahaha
          You're equating marketing the game with fixing results. They're not even in the same ball park.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
            I agree with what your saying for the most part...I also think these officials have seen the million hours of game film on these players and now their little cheats. Let's imagine the officials are as experienced as the players which in essence they are. And because of that, it should at least partially nullify any of these.

And lets talk about how JKidds 25, 000 bucks bought us eleven more fouls. C'mon...read the article that was done on this website about the JV calls. Pretty interesting actually...

And by the by, I've been playing and watching Bball since the seventies. Played high school and some college...just in case you were going start rolling your eye lids and declaiming my lack of basketball gravitas.
            I agree that they know their tricks, but they have to catch them in the act to be able to call it.

Comment

I agree that they know their tricks, but they have to catch them in the act to be able to call it.
              If they're actually prepared and looking for them, they should be able to see them.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                If they're actually prepared and looking for them, they should be able to see them.
                And take their eyes off what they're supposed to be watching for? That's my point, through years of playing vets begin to understand where the officials are looking and work around that (off ball screen setting is the perfect example). Officials have specific responsibilities in terms of what they have to focus on and where they have to be on the court. I mean they miss stuff ON the ball, they're not gonna catch half of what goes on off it. Not to mention the whole 'instigation vs reaction' tactic at which KG is a master.

Comment

I'm confused.
                  Obviously.

Comment

And take their eyes off what they're supposed to be watching for? That's my point, through years of playing vets begin to understand where the officials are looking and work around that (off ball screen setting is the perfect example). Officials have specific responsibilities in terms of what they have to focus on and where they have to be on the court. I mean they miss stuff ON the ball, they're not gonna catch half of what goes on off it. Not to mention the whole 'instigation vs reaction' tactic at which KG is a master.
                    I again agree with most of what you've said...but we are talking three sets of eyes. Not a single set of eyes as you keep implying. The reason they have that multi-faceted approach that includes the mini meetings, is so that they catch things exactly like that. Case in point. Lowry was getting some soft calls, not necessarily flopping, but some soft calls in the first five games. JKidd calls it for what it is...and then Lowry tried twice to get soft calls in the first half and didn't. Why? Because they were sensitized to it and watching for it. He would have gotten those calls if JKidd hadn't drawn their attention to it. We know this because he got them the first five games. Three sets of eyes that have watched the film of the series to date and know the things that have been missed and come prepared to catch those things. That's all we can ask. Sure they're going to miss things...but there's no excuse to put Val deep in foul trouble the last two games. If the Raps come out aggressive, I think they'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X