No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melo and Derozan came from the same placenta.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Well if Houston is actually playing this good RIP to the Raptors on Sunday. Especially on a back to back
      They hate ACC tho

Comment

• OKay, okay. Canada-USA gold medal game is amazing.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          I guess moving him to point guard was one of the smartest things he could have done for Harden
          He's basically following the basic blueprint of the modern NBA:

1. Have a truly dynamic player that can score at will or find the open man (LBJ, Curry and Harden)
          2. Surround that player with shooters (obviously all are flooded with them)
          3. Have a fairly agile big man that can defend post and perimeter (GSW maybe the only exception which is what they're criticized for but they decided to overload the shooting, last year Bogut and Ezeli did a fine job)

But the Warriors laid the foundation last year, just you can't pass up on KD.

Comment

• And ... the world juniors are going to a shootout

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              And ... the world juniors are going to a shootout
              I hate shootouts so much. Fucking lottery.

EDIT: Goalies have been phenomenal

EDIT 2: FUCK OFF USA, BUILD THE FUCKING WALL AND NEVER COME TO CANADA AGAIN, thanks
              Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 6, 2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                I hate shootouts so much. Fucking lottery.

EDIT: Goalies have been phenomenal
                and now.. i hate the shootout even more....

that was a great game..
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  and now.. i hate the shootout even more....

that was a great game..
                  Yeah, OT was w/o goal, but it was fun to watch. What a game. WOW. What a game. Too bad it ended with a fucking shootout!

Comment

• Another possibility is maybe a 3 team trade.

Milsap to the raps
                    Ross to the 76ers,
                    Noel, Joseph/Sully, Picks to the Hawks

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                      Another possibility is maybe a 3 team trade.

Milsap to the raps
                      Ross to the 76ers,
                      Noel, Joseph/Sully, Picks to the Hawks
                      I don't like it, for PHI it makes perfect sense, but general consensus is that noel is C and playing him alongside Howard is bad idea. But if ATL trades Howard first that's nice trade.

Also slightly wrong thread.

Comment

• That was a really solid win. JV finally had a very good game, hopefully more to come like that. I liked starting Nogueira instead of Siakam, start was still a little rough but not like we've been seeing of late. Subbing Siakam in next to JV later in the first didn't help, and was hilarious. What's really promising is that Siakam has lost his starting spot - which means the door is finally open for starting Patterson once he's back. Please let Pat be better before Sully comes back. Really nice to see JV close out a game he was playing well in - paid off too, he was very good down the stretch.

Lowry is ridiculous, as ever. DeRozan had a rough one, clearly very conscious of Gobert inside. Poeltl once again very good, though I didn't like using him at C with that Lowry+bench unit, BeBe fits like a glove there. Poeltl does really well in DD bench units, was even a pattern early in the year when JV/BeBe were out for stretches.

Carroll looked pretty good in this one. As did Ross.

Anyway, good win, avoided the usual first game back let down. Lots of positive signs from this one. On to the next.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Utah looks like the Raps did before the Raps had the playoff run. A couple of game 7;s and a couple must win games during the playoffs just helps any team learn what it takes to win a 1 or 2 point game ...

Jazz are close and it looks like they will make the playoffs this year where they will get that experience on how to win a close game in crunch time... Can't help but like and cheer for this team....
                          Yeah, that's a good young team. Snyder is a very good coach. Wouldn't want to see them in the playoffs if I'm Clips or Rockets.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            i hate shootouts so much. Fucking lottery.

Edit: Goalies have been phenomenal

edit 2: Fuck off usa, build the fucking wall and never come to canada again, thanks
                            Usa! Usa! Usa!
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Usa! Usa! Usa!
                              Oh no TRex. wHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

"The penalty for high treason is life imprisonment. The penalty for treason is imprisonment up to a maximum of life, or up to 14 years for conduct under subsection (2)(b) or (e) in peacetime."

Comment

• Canada wins that tournament EVERY YEAR. They didn't win it this year...big deal. I'm sure they'll win it again next year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X