Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Raps get 50 wins?

I love prediction threads!!

After 60 games the Raps have a record of 34-26, with 22 games remaining. Can we get to 50 wins, which would require the team to go 16-6 (0.727 %) for the rest of the season?

Let's look at the remaining schedule:

Mar 9 @ Min
    Mar 10 @ Brooklyn (back to back 1)
    Mar 12 vs DET
    Mar 14 vs MEM
    Mar 16 vs PHX
    Mar 18 @ ATL
    Mar 19 @ NO (back to back 2)
    Mar 21 vs OKC
    Mar 23 vs ATL
    Mar 25 @ CLE
    Mar 26 @ BOS (back to back 3)
    Mar 28 vs BOS
    Mar 30 @ ORL
    Mar 31 @ MIA (back to back 4)

Apr 2 vs HOU
    Apr 4 vs IND
    Apr 5 @ MIL (back to back 5)
    Apr 9 vs PHI
    Apr 11 vs NYK
    Apr 13 @ DET
    Apr 14 vs MIL (back to back 6)
    Apr 16 @ NYK

So we have 5 games left against Western teams, and all of them will be tough games. The easiest of the bunch (Minny) is the only road game.

We have 9 games against current playoff teams, 3 on the road and 5 vs Eastern opponents.

We also have 6 back to backs left, with four of them being all road games. The 5th ends with a road game while the 6th starts with a road game.

So, the last 6 games look to be fairly easy and it is just a 6 game winning streak waiting to happen. If the Raps could achieve that then they would only have to go 10-6 through the 16 games between now and Apr 4 vs Indy.

Can the Raps get 50 wins? I think it's going to be tough and will depend heavily on how the team handles the back to backs. I could see us going 9-7 through the next 16, and hopefully pull out a 6 game win streak to finish the season 15-7, for a total of 49-33.

What do you think?
    Yes
    38.46%
    No
    61.54%

The poll is expired.

I think 50 at best. Certainly no higher. I agree about the last 6 games being all winnable, but that MIA-HOU-IND 3 game losing streak right before is going to be downright hard to watch. I see losses to BRK, PHX or NO, OKC, MIA, HOU, and IND.

Comment

I think they'll miss it by a bit. Maybe get like 47 or so.

Comment

Getting the 3 seed is the goal in my mind. If the Raptors can sow that up early then they rest some of the regulars right before the playoffs.

Comment

There are some winnable games i could actually see us going 10 and 6 in that 16 game stretch. sweeping the last 6 will be tough seeing as if we go 10 and 6 in that previous stretch casey will probably rest the starters in those games.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
            There are some winnable games i could actually see us going 10 and 6 in that 16 game stretch. sweeping the last 6 will be tough seeing as if we go 10 and 6 in that previous stretch casey will probably rest the starters in those games.
            thats acceptable to me. i want to see some more time given to de colo!

Comment

The best I can fathom us going (and feeling comfortable with) is 15-7.

That puts us at 49-33. But like other poster said, depending on how we do, our starters may be seeing the bench a loooot in april
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I think they can get to 50 wins.. I just don't think its probable. My guess will be 48 wins which is still a great year (franchise best).

As for resting Lowry/DD not sure how I feel about that. Rest is important when injured but you have to weigh the cons. A guy needs to play in a rhythm. If you shrink his minutes or take him out of a game he might get rusty when it's important. Just look at last night... 4 days rest and Lowry/DD both shot bricks. Can't have that happen in the playoffs.

Comment

Getting the seed and rest for the starters is more important than total wins. No.

Comment

I think 50 wins is significant pyschologically. It means you are here to make some noise. It screams 2nd round playoff team. It's like why stores price things at 1.99, because 2 dollars is way to much for a chocolate bar.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Also I bet 49 wins vs 50 wins would make a difference in COY and EOY votes
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If we beat the teams we should we can get to 50 wins. But we all know these are the raptors and we randomly lose to sub par teams such as Boston, Los Angeles etc
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I think they can get to 50 wins.. I just don't think its probable. My guess will be 48 wins which is still a great year (franchise best).

As for resting Lowry/DD not sure how I feel about that. Rest is important when injured but you have to weigh the cons. A guy needs to play in a rhythm. If you shrink his minutes or take him out of a game he might get rusty when it's important. Just look at last night... 4 days rest and Lowry/DD both shot bricks. Can't have that happen in the playoffs.
                          4 days rest didnt cause them to shoot bricks. lowry has been on an awkward decline. his fg% has dropped from 45% in dec, to 38% in jan. his 3 point shoot has also dropped from 44% to 28%. a bit worrisome if theres going to be any serious talk of re-signing him.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            4 days rest didnt cause them to shoot bricks. lowry has been on an awkward decline. his fg% has dropped from 45% in dec, to 38% in jan. his 3 point shoot has also dropped from 44% to 28%. a bit worrisome if theres going to be any serious talk of re-signing him.
                            Yeah you could be right.. I just don't like to idea of resting players just for the sake of resting them. Jordan never rested before playoffs and he did all right. DeRozan is also only 24 years old.. it's not like he's hitting 35.

Comment

Only person that should be resting is John. Everyone else in our rotation that plays is under 30.

Comment

Working...
                              X