No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah i think the Raptors will be marketing the YGz hard this year to sell a young team. Unless Bargnani starts averaging 20-7 by January I don't think we will be seeing him all over the website...

Comment

• Yeah and they replaced a lot of the Bosh stuff with Derozan pics everywhere. Guess thats our answer for who's gonna be the face of the team. I do hope that Bargs has an awesome season and gets some face time, some ownership of the season, its like he's always the silent second man. Last year it was bosh and turk on every poster, and bargs was still the 2nd best player (scoring wise).

MLSE wouldnt be stupid enough to market the young gunz without waiting to see what they can do...right?

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        I would love to see these two lineups face each other

YGZ® Plus
        -----------------
        Johnson
        Davis
        Weems
        DeRozan
        Jack

Wright - To come in for Amir when he gets in foul trouble

Old Guys
        ------------
        Bargnani
        Anderson
        Kleiza
        Calderon
        Barbosa

Reggie

==============
        My money would be on the top unit, especially after the all-star break.
        Add Alabi to the "Old team" and put Evans up in the young gunz. Then you would have an American lineup vs "the world". This may be a great way to solve the locker divide that they talked about last season. Instead of trying to get everyone to get along, create a lethal competition between the 2 lineups. If you are playing well, the other lineup watches... practices may get deadly but everyone would be motivated all the time. Create a "if you can't join them, beat them" mentality.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          I would love to see these two lineups face each other

YGZ® Plus
          -----------------
          Johnson
          Davis
          Weems
          DeRozan
          Jack

Wright - To come in for Amir when he gets in foul trouble

Old Guys
          ------------
          Bargnani
          Anderson
          Kleiza
          Calderon
          Barbosa

Reggie

==============
          My money would be on the top unit, especially after the all-star break.
          Bargnani is not "old" he's only 24. Jack is older then Bargnani.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Bargnani is not "old" he's only 24. Jack is older then Bargnani.
            1. Bargnani will be 25 before the 10-11 season starts. He is older than the bigs on the other team.
            2. Bargnani can't play PG so that is why I put Jack there. He is younger than Calderon.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Maybe they realized that DeMar is much more exciting to watch and thus far more marketable?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Maybe they realized that DeMar is much more exciting to watch and thus far more marketable?
                +1
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Maybe they realized that DeMar is much more exciting to watch and thus far more marketable?
                  I disagree but whatever.

Comment

• maybe BC finally decided that bargs isnt the franchise guy & is planning on trading him. I hope anyway

Comment

• Because DeMar came in second in the dunk contest last year, he is a little more well known and easier to market.

Comment

• I can already hear the "Bargs deficiencies are caused by DeRozan being the focal point of the team". Just kidding...I think...

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          I disagree but whatever.
                          Which part do you disagree with? That he is more exciting, or that more exciting is more marketable? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't see how anyone can say that Bargs is more exciting to watch than DD.

Comment

• Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                            Which part do you disagree with? That he is more exciting, or that more exciting is more marketable? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't see how anyone can say that Bargs is more exciting to watch than DD.
                            I 100% think Bargnani is more exciting to watch than DeMar ... sure, DeMar was fun to watch throw down dunks in summer league, but he isn't a reliable NBA player yet ... it makes me nervous when he has the ball, and decides to put it on the floor ... you can only get so many alley-oops in an NBA game.

When Bargnani catches the ball, open behind the 3-point line - you can hear the crowd start to murmur while holding their breath, waiting to scream after he nails a three ... he abuses bigmen with behind the back or through the legs dribble moves ... and loves to finish with spinning dunks (not full 360's, but still awesome). Moreover, when he catches the ball I lean forward a bit to watch what kind of move he's going to pull, with confidence that he has the skills to do it ... that's excitement to me.

I am fully confident that DeMar will be more exciting this year than he was in his rookie year ... but my vote still goes with Bargs ... they didn't call him the magician for nothing ... remember that no look, under the rim bounce pass alley-oop Andrea served up to Bosh (which Bosh missed, RUINING one of the best highlites of all time) ... that's exciting too man.
                            Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Tue Sep 7, 2010, 11:18 AM.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              I 100% think Bargnani is more exciting to watch than DeMar ... sure, DeMar was fun to watch throw down dunks in summer league, but he isn't a reliable NBA player yet ... it makes me nervous when he has the ball, and decides to put it on the floor ... you can only get so many alley-oops in an NBA game.

When Bargnani catches the ball, open behind the 3-point line - you can hear the crowd start to murmur while holding their breath, waiting to scream after he nails a three ... he abuses bigmen with behind the back or through the legs dribble moves ... and loves to finish with spinning dunks (not full 360's, but still awesome). Moreover, when he catches the ball I lean forward a bit to watch what kind of move he's going to pull, with confidence that he has the skills to do it ... that's excitement to me.

I am fully confident that DeMar will be more exciting this year than he was in his rookie year ... but my vote still goes with Bargs ... they didn't call him the magician for nothing ... remember that no look, under the rim bounce pass alley-oop Andrea served up to Bosh (which Bosh missed, RUINING one of the best highlites of all time) ... that's exciting too man.
                              +1.

Yeah, DD can throw down some exciting dunks, but suffice it to say that little else regarding his game - during last season - was exciting. When Bargs has the confidence to put it on the floor, regardless of how awkward he may look driving to the bucket, he can be exciting because he can shake a defender and can finish with finesse. Not to mention his arc-less three ball that somehow stuffs itself through the hoop.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                                Wow, I'd LOVE to watch that guy. Unfortunately the Bargnani I've seen doesn't quite have the ball handling skills you suggest and does those other things all too infrequently for my taste.

The big difference between Bargnani and DeRozan in the excitement department is that DeRozan is generally an aggressive player, whereas Bargnani is passive. Can you guess which is generally more exciting?
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X