No announcement yet.

Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hes not hurting the team. playing hard at both ends within the flow and making the team better

Comment

• I'll flip it out to the other side of it -- the reason the whole forum would explode if those were Bargs numbers is because offense is all he has. He does nothing else. If he can't do well offensively, he might as well not be playing in the NBA.

That in itself should answer why we don't go nuts over Gay shooting bad. He brings so much more.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

• He has played well, and bounced back on the next shot... yes today he had some head scratchers, but in the end he played himself out of the funk. He also still draws defenders and allows others to get open looks. Not to mention his defensive presence.

Comment

• Defense, Rebounding, Clutch ability, Leadership, and Consistency. You can trust him to score when the offense is stale a lot more than when you trust Andrea.

I think we will see Rudy get more comfortable with the system and find easier shots.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            I'll flip it out to the other side of it -- the reason the whole forum would explode if those were Bargs numbers is because offense is all he has. He does nothing else. If he can't do well offensively, he might as well not be playing in the NBA.

That in itself should answer why we don't go nuts over Gay shooting bad. He brings so much more.
            +1

Basically what he said. Gay brings so much more to the table then Barg does.

Comment

• Dunk wrote: View Post
              +1

Basically what he said. Gay brings so much more to the table then Barg does.
              +++

Comment

• Now that I see Gay's game live, the shots that REALLY bug me are the crazy amount of 3s he's attempted. Just far too many...maybe he is a better shooter than this, but he's not having a great season shooting so he needs to cut that down.

A lot of the 2s I'm ok with. A lot of the tougher ones he has to take, and him doing so is a better option than Demar or Bargs. He could maybe stand to get a few more trips to the line, but he also has a tendency to just try and finish over guys with his length, and he's been somewhat effective with that.

Comment

• Gay is a threat and always has to be guarded.

Also when he drives and misses, it creates put backs and opportunities for bigs.

In this game he finished 8/19 but check the stat line: 8 rebs, 4 asts, 2 stls, 1 blk.

Comment

• Because he commands double teams, goes to the rack hard even though.

Grabs boards, plays great defence. He does a lot even though hes not scoring efficiently.

Gay does more than Bargs ever has/ever will in terms of things other than scoring.

Comment

• I'm not complaining because he's +29 in 41 mins. of play along with 8 rebounds. Shooting percentages aside, did Bargs ever had a game where he was a +29 and had 8 rebounds?
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Jesus, really? Complaining about Gay already. You're the guy who said he had the best time at the party, but its everyone else's fault that you have a hangover that ruined everything. Get over it. Start smiling, live longer.
                        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

• Done and done. Next thread please.

Comment

• Do you not see what Gay does off of the ball defensively?

Comment

• That final steal he did in Indiana was a mastermind hustle play. He scored and instead of rejoicing he ran back to coverage guy leading out for the pass and stole it. That's heads up play and smart.

Comment

• We're winning

Comment

Working...
                                X