Bargnani vs. Vince Carter - Raptors Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    When it's all said and Done number 17 is going to be in the rafters along with a championship. Y'all can save this comment and look back after a few decades and go "Vince Carter who?"
    That would be absolutely dope.

Wouldn't mind seeing #22 up there as well. Whether that's Rudy Gay or Andrew Wiggins lol

Comment

In terms of legacy, I think the spectrum is like:

Bargnani (Hate) ---------- Vince Carter (Love + Hate) ---------- Chris Bosh (Indifference)

You can sprinkle in the Hedo's, Stoudemire's, Rose's, Camby's, McGrady's anywhere you'd like, but I think the foundation of legacies is derived from these three players.

Looking back on Toronto's fruitful history, there hasn't been a player we absolutely love and has done great things (consistent championships, Eastern conference finals) for the franchise.

Comment

Anyone know why Xixak is banned?

I know he was a little thick to argue with, I wonder if he pushed it too far or something
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

i wanted to ask that for the longest time^^^
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Anyone know why Xixak is banned?

I know he was a little thick to argue with, I wonder if he pushed it too far or something
            Got into it with Matt in another thread.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              Got into it with Matt in another thread.
              Correction, not just Matt. Many members from this forum.

Just a little timeout for Xixak. Perhaps when it's lifted he'll come back with a better attitude and not such a big chip on his shoulder.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                Correction, not just Matt. Many members from this forum.

Just a little timeout for Xixak. Perhaps when it's lifted he'll come back with a better attitude and not such a big chip on his shoulder.
                And it wasn't just one thread. Lol. As someone mentioned the "hot topics" feature on the front page was filled with Xixak feuding with someone each day..

Anyway, ya well hopefully he'll be back and less obnoxious..getting banned(several times) certainly helped me...
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  And it wasn't just one thread. Lol. As someone mentioned the "hot topics" feature on the front page was filled with Xixak feuding with someone each day..

Anyway, ya well hopefully he'll be back and less obnoxious..getting banned(several times) certainly helped me...
                  Ladies and Gentlemen, the poster-boy for reformation, LBF....
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think a number of people don't have a clear understanding of what the term legacy means.

" something left or handed down by a predecessor."

So what did Vince leave the team? He certainly captured people's attention when he was here, but when he left, so did the attention. The fact that the crowd was energized when he played at the ACC is great, but any energy he created ended when he stopped off the floor. so again, I ask, what did he leave behind?

On the Bargnani side, he is now gone, but the Raps will be dealing with his legacy (really BC's legacy, but stick with me) for the next 2-3 years at least. Because Bargnani had such tantalizing potential, BC worked to build the team around his darling #1 pick. He made ill-advised trades, traded away draft picks, bought short term veteran rentals, and interfered with two coaches in terms of how they managed the players, creating bad habits, and a bad culture. This was more BC's direct interference, but brought on by AB's little shows of incredible talent, sandwiched in between layers of indifference.

Raptors were over Carter in a year and a half. I think it takes the Raptors 2-3 years to get over AB, not to mention Bargnani had a longer run of getting BC to believe in him and manage the team so poorly. Of course, he wasn't a predecessor while he was here, but I still believe his legacy will last longer.

Comment

Working...
                    X