• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    there is nothing more badass than a cat driving a tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSBKZPNsK74
    I don't know..Tank girl is pretty bad ass. props to that poster
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Well, time to retire the old avatar.

With the Raptors sitting a game over .500 with 43 games down and 39 to go, getting a top 5 draft pick is highly, highly unlikely - even with DeRozan injured. Since a 6-12 start, the Raptors are 16-9 (.640).

For the Raptors to end the season with 29 wins they'd have to finish 8-31 (equivalent of about a 20 win season) when they have the easiest schedule in the league, conference, and division based on opponents winning percentage.

At the same time of Toronto going 8-31, assuming Orlando, Milwaukee, Boston, and Phily are unmatchable in the race to the bottom which is a fair assumption, you would need just about every other team to win about .400 of their games at minimum AND no team collapse intentionally or not.

So with cold hard reality, my tank avatar has decided the warm soft beach is the place to be at this time of year.

A 15-20 draft pick is likely for 2014 with the Nets catching the Raptors and closer to 15 than 20 most likely in my opinion (their schedule is pretty easy too).

For a person such as myself who desired to build through the upper end of the draft, there are plenty of silver linings:
      1) trades made from position of strength,
      2) assets to have more value winning than losing,
      3) Lowry and DeRozan having career years,
      4) Ross and JV, while struggling with inconsistency, are showing potential for more growth while contributing now,
      5) the lustre of the 2014 draft is fading partly due to overhype but partly because of possible delay of draft entry,
      6) there are a few teams desperate and happy to just make the playoffs: Masai smells blood in the water.
      7) financial flexibility on trades and ability to sign value contracts in free agency with an eye to the future.

You just have to go with the hand you're dealt and the Raptors, even if they go 0-5 on the west coast trip, are likely to look at drafting 9th overall at the absolute worst case scenario.

Anyways, watch the Raptors proceed to go 5-34 to make me look like this:

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Well, time to retire the old avatar.

With the Raptors sitting a game over .500 with 43 games down and 39 to go, getting a top 5 draft pick is highly, highly unlikely - even with DeRozan injured. Since a 6-12 start, the Raptors are 16-9 (.640).

For the Raptors to end the season with 29 wins they'd have to finish 8-31 (equivalent of about a 20 win season) when they have the easiest schedule in the league, conference, and division based on opponents winning percentage.

At the same time of Toronto going 8-31, assuming Orlando, Milwaukee, Boston, and Phily are unmatchable in the race to the bottom which is a fair assumption, you would need just about every other team to win about .400 of their games at minimum AND no team collapse intentionally or not.

So with cold hard reality, my tank avatar has decided the warm soft beach is the place to be at this time of year.

A 15-20 draft pick is likely for 2014 with the Nets catching the Raptors and closer to 15 than 20 most likely in my opinion (their schedule is pretty easy too).

For a person such as myself who desired to build through the upper end of the draft, there are plenty of silver linings:
        1) trades made from position of strength,
        2) assets to have more value winning than losing,
        3) Lowry and DeRozan having career years,
        4) Ross and JV, while struggling with inconsistency, are showing potential for more growth while contributing now,
        5) the lustre of the 2014 draft is fading partly due to overhype but partly because of possible delay of draft entry,
        6) there are a few teams desperate and happy to just make the playoffs: Masai smells blood in the water.
        7) financial flexibility on trades and ability to sign value contracts in free agency with an eye to the future.

You just have to go with the hand you're dealt and the Raptors, even if they go 0-5 on the west coast trip, are likely to look at drafting 9th overall at the absolute worst case scenario.

Anyways, watch the Raptors proceed to go 5-34 to make me look like this:

I am glad that you finally see what I saw about 1 month ago

MU need to improve this team NOW and this whole BS of Assessment and ... need to be stopped NOW.if we finish around 7-8 spot then this will be a failed season !!! and the grade for MU will be a BIG

F

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
          I am glad that you finally see what I saw about 1 month ago

MU need to improve this team NOW and this whole BS of Assessment and ... need to be stopped NOW.if we finish around 7-8 spot then this will be a failed season !!! and the grade for MU will be a BIG

F
          Congratulations on your superior perception of the Raptors actual needs. The way you were able to spot the whole "BS'edness" of the assessment is truly superior.

I am just now sending MU an email with your instructions. We can only hope he follows them to avoid a failed season.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Congratulations on your superior perception of the Raptors actual needs. The way you were able to spot the whole "BS'edness" of the assessment is truly superior.

I am just now sending MU an email with your instructions. We can only hope he follows them to avoid a failed season.

lol is that what he actually said? i have him blocked. now i remember why.

Comment

• I think MU is doing the only thing he can right now, and that is wait until the off-season.

I do want to see MU be aggressive on draft day though and use DD and some of our expirings to move up in the draft. I love Lowry, but I have a ton of questions about him sticking around.

And hey you never know....2015 could be our tank year

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                lol is that what he actually said? i have him blocked. now i remember why.
                It does get tiring reading the posts from the members that knew better last season what should happen and also know what should be done now, especially when they have no clue as to what was attempted, what was rejected or the reasons why. Also hard to believe they would bother posting here when they could be making millions as GM's of NBA teams.

Comment

I'm not to up-to-date with your whole "win now" argument. What exactly do you think can be done to improve the team so much to where they can win more than one round? And will this be done without mortgaging the future? Do you have a few scenarios that aren't absurd or asinine?

Comment

• Thanks but no tanks.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      I'm not to up-to-date with your whole "win now" argument. What exactly do you think can be done to improve the team so much to where they can win more than one round? And will this be done without mortgaging the future? Do you have a few scenarios that aren't absurd or asinine?
                      I assume you meant to reply to Jamshid.

I did not advocate taking any immediate action to "improve this team NOW" nor to "win now." I am not against winning, if that is the direction MU wants to take. I don't pretend to know what the next step that must be taken "now" is.

I expect that Masai is constantly weighing options, offers and directions that the team could take that would have a short term, medium term and long term impact. I suspect he will also recognize a good move when it smacks him in the face.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Thanks but no tanks.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                        Very easily the best avatar I've ever seen!

Well played.

Comment

Translation: "Dear Masai, make team good. Sincerely, Jamshid"

Comment

• i kind of want to change my av but it took me like 5 minutes to throw this one together on paint and i'm too lazy to do it again
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I assume you meant to reply to Jamshid.

I did not advocate taking any immediate action to "improve this team NOW" nor to "win now." I am not against winning, if that is the direction MU wants to take. I don't pretend to know what the next step that must be taken "now" is.

I expect that Masai is constantly weighing options, offers and directions that the team could take that would have a short term, medium term and long term impact. I suspect he will also recognize a good move when it smacks him in the face.
                              so sorry dude, yea that was meant for jashmid... my bad

Comment

Working...
                              X