Lowry, is really bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry, is really bad

As far as point guards go Lowry is terrible. I think he is the cause of a lot of problems with this team on the floor. He doesn't seem to know how to create shots for people. I like telfair but people have to be paying attention cause he doesn't give the obvious pass. Offseason is going to be good for these guys cause the PLAYERS are making a lot of mistakes.

Lowry has actually been playing pretty good lately hes balancing his playstyle.

Comment

Lowry is terrible??? I feel like you don't watch basketball.

Comment

What. Lowry has been fantastic, he's been playing like the Lowry of old. Not exactly the Lowry of old, but like him. It was clear against Minnesota tonight.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

past 4-5 games his assist numbers are up and he's been playing well. He's been landing some 3's and stretching the floor, penetrating with his speed. He's doing his job.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            past 4-5 games his assist numbers are up and he's been playing well. He's been landing some 3's and stretching the floor, penetrating with his speed. He's doing his job.
            Key statement. With Gay, Derozan, and now Valanciunas who has developed into a consistent option on the floor, Lowry becomes that last option - even with Amir on floor - and has to be a guy that runs plays to give these guys the ball. He's also doing his job like you said in terms of spacing the floor, and running the break on any given opportunity.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

The other problem for Lowry, given the starting lineup, is that Valanciunas, Johnson and DeRozan are unable to create for themselves. Those players are too reliant on a facilitating PG, which puts even more pressure on Lowry to get them the ball at the right time at the right place. Gay is the only other guy who can initiate the offense, but he constantly draws two and sometimes even three defenders; he could easily average 4-6 assists per game if he played similar to LBJ, using his skill to penetrate, draw defenders and find open guys (assuming there are shooters to knock down the open looks).

Comment

This, is a comma splice.

Lowry is doing ok.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I`m not against acquiring another PG but Lowry is OK. Trying to change his game is a mistake and I hope they find a way to develop chemistry with Lowry playing his natural game. The fact that he`s been moved from team to team has not done his confidence much good. Being sure that he is the the teams PG game after game can only make him better.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

the problem with lowry is casey

raptors seem to be virtually incapable of running his offense plays anymore. time and time again they start the play and it just gets shutdown and leads to nowhere

you can tell when theyre not running a casey play; fastbreaks, lowry penetrating the paint, etc. hope they keep doing more of that and less gay iso play

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      As far as point guards go Lowry is terrible. I think he is the cause of a lot of problems with this team on the floor. He doesn't seem to know how to create shots for people. I like telfair but people have to be paying attention cause he doesn't give the obvious pass. Offseason is going to be good for these guys cause the PLAYERS are making a lot of mistakes.
                      If you base this statement strictly off the 2 on 1 where Lowry threw the horrible lob pass to Gay, then yes.

But one play is hardly reasonable.

I don't think he is playing really bad but he is also not playing really good either.

He is playing like an ex-con on probation.... unable to do what he wants and always looking over his shoulder.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

He is playing like an ex-con on probation.... unable to do what he wants and always looking over his shoulder.
                        Superb example.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

lowry can't create for other people? who the hell as the ball in their hands most of the time? that would be demar derozan and rudy gay.

Comment

DeMar and Rudy can create for themselves JV and Amir cant.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              The other problem for Lowry, given the starting lineup, is that Valanciunas, Johnson and DeRozan are unable to create for themselves. Those players are too reliant on a facilitating PG, which puts even more pressure on Lowry to get them the ball at the right time at the right place. Gay is the only other guy who can initiate the offense, but he constantly draws two and sometimes even three defenders; he could easily average 4-6 assists per game if he played similar to LBJ, using his skill to penetrate, draw defenders and find open guys (assuming there are shooters to knock down the open looks).
                              Im not sure how you can say demar cant create for himself when so many people complain thats all he can do is iso... And JV someone has to pass him the ball in the post but he seems to be creating to me?

Comment

Working...
                              X