Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minks77 wrote: View Post
    Because ppg means very little in the grand scheme of things. He points out that AB's efficiency isn't very good , his rebounding is terrible and his defence atrocious. Who cares if he scores 21ppg? At 15th best as a first option that makes him very much middle of the pack. Factor in the efficiency/rebounding/defense and you have a guy who is overpaid and not worth his contract.
    PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
    Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Fri Dec 9, 2011, 03:48 PM.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Oh I'd also like to add people should stop ripping on him for being the #1 pick. IT was a crappy draft. All the more validated by the news that Roy, the only player with the makeup of a franchise player, is RETIRING BEFORE HE'S 30. It was a terrible draft and Colangelo made a mediocre decision. I'm not convinced this team would be any better with Aldridge. Gay and Rondo were the only other great picks in the draft. Well, no one drafts a perimeter player with no jumper with the #1 pick, unless they're an obvious freak like Lebron. And even then some guys get overlooked because of the preference for bigs, like Jordan, and Durant.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Oh I'd also like to add people should stop ripping on him for being the #1 pick. IT was a crappy draft. All the more validated by the news that Roy, the only player with the makeup of a franchise player, is RETIRING BEFORE HE'S 30. It was a terrible draft and Colangelo made a mediocre decision. I'm not convinced this team would be any better with Aldridge. Gay and Rondo were the only other great picks in the draft. Well, no one drafts a perimeter player with no jumper with the #1 pick, unless they're an obvious freak like Lebron. And even then some guys get overlooked because of the preference for bigs, like Jordan, and Durant.
        Absolutely ... Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, and Shelden Williams in the top 5?
        A (soon to be retired) Roy, Randy Foye, Patrick O'Bryant and Sene in the top 10?
        Bargnani was a gem compared to them.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Why would anyone think we should amnesty him? Even if you hate Bargs game, by using the amnesty on him you are saying that no one will give you a good trade for him -- Which I disagree. You still have to pay the guy. It's just off the cap. We have positional needs, at worst, this guy doesn't believe we could trade Bargs for expiring contracts?

What a dumb article.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
            PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
            dude, you really need to help me out in the Everything Bargnani Thread, hehehe

Comment

PPG is NOT how you win a basketball game. You win ONLY by scoring more points than your opposition... whether thats 2 or 200.... anyway you can. You only need to manufacture points if you are unable to stop the opposition from scoring them. If you can't manufacture at a rate high enough to match your opposition you lose.

Hence the problem with Bargnani.

Comment

• Compare and identify the following two 7-foot NBA players (based on career regular season stats, per 36 minutes) -

Player A (Age 23, 3 NBA seasons)

18 ppg (14.0 shots per game), 8 RPG, 1.8 BPG.

Player B (Age 26, 5 NBA seasons)

18 ppg (15.0 shots per game), 5.8 RPG, 1.1 BPG.

Hint: One player is rumoured to be in trade talks for Dwight Howard, and the other is rumoured to be a candidate for amnesty.

Comment

The Raptors lost 60 games with the current cast of characters. They lost 60 games with Bargnani scoring those 20 ppg. So, how do you explain all of those losses? Treacherous teammates?

Comment

• I wish they could cut Calderon and Bargnani both, neither of them is worth a damn. But I suppose Bargnani might be worth a bit more in the trade market than Calderon.

Comment

• Brandon wrote: View Post
                      I wish they could cut Calderon and Bargnani both, neither of them is worth a damn.
                      Pleasee don't let Damme Hate blind you into turning entirely personal opinions into unsubstantiated blanket facts.

Comment

• When you agree with it it's a fact but it magically becomes an opinion when you don't.

Comment

• Brandon wrote: View Post
                          The Raptors lost 60 games with the current cast of characters. They lost 60 games with Bargnani scoring those 20 ppg. So, how do you explain all of those losses? Treacherous teammates?
                          I agree. In order for the Raptors to win more than they did last year, Bargnani should score 0pts and play defense and get at least 20 rebounds!

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                            I agree. In order for the Raptors to win more than they did last year, Bargnani should score 0pts and play defense and get at least 20 rebounds!
                            Impossible. He is what he is.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post

Hint: One player is rumoured to be in trade talks for Dwight Howard, and the other is rumoured to be a candidate for amnesty.
                              That rumoured trade is absolute garbage for the Magic and you can't use that as an argument for Lopez, just like you can't use some bullshit column on ESPN against Bargnani.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• ^^^
                                I completely agree with you. That is exactly my point. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks see Lopez as a suitable core piece for a Dwight Howard deal, and other folks see Bargnani as a player suitable for amnesty. Personally, I disagree with both propositions.

Comment

Working...
                                X