Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite/Most Exciting Plays(& Players) Ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite/Most Exciting Plays(& Players) Ever.

In the doldrums of Summer, many a Basketball fan must reminisce upon Great Moments in history in order maintain a level of sanity .. or just to make it long enough to see next season.

I get the feeling many of us well past that point.

So here I ask you to share and reminisce with me some of your most favourite moments in NBA lore.

I'll get us started with this Gem:

Down by 8 with 37 seconds left, TMac says 'Enough is Enough', and scores 13 Points in 37 Seconds.

Gets me amped every time.

Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 5, 2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Favourite player of the early 2000's was Ben Wallace.This dude wasthe best. Showed it's not just a scorers game, and how hard work and dedication can outplay natural skill and laziness (seearko Milicic).
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNn9dKBb24Y
      Honestly, this is the most exciting play I know. Shaq's reaction is priceless, he can't believe an undrafted 6'9 guy just destroyed him.
      Should be a 2nd ballot Hall of Famer, if not 1st.

Comment

My favourite Raptor highlight is Mo Pete's buzzer beater a few years back against the hapless Wizards.

Comment

fiba olympics vince over the 7 footer. dunk championship mcgrady drop pass to windmill carter dunk. jordan push off of russel for the win. anytime shaq showboated with dribbling the ball up court. jordan closing his eyes for free throws. scottie missing free throw and jordan being the only one moving for the easy dunk. karl malones knee charge dunks at the basket. how dirty a player/ how much desire to win jon stockton was/had.

if you watch some retro jabar, near the end of his career, sometimes you can hear disdain in the announcers voices about how obvious the sky hook is coming.

not part of the game but i use to love the old vince commercial where he is skipping down the street and the walker employee number 8 commercial.
          Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Sep 6, 2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            fiba olympics vince over the 7 footer. dunk championship mcgrady drop pass to windmill carter dunk. jordan push off of russel for the win. anytime shaq showboated with dribbling the ball up court. jordan closing his eyes for free throws. scottie missing free throw and jordan being the only one moving for the easy dunk. karl malones knee charge dunks at the basket. how dirty a player/ how much desire to win jon stockton was/had.

if you watch some retro jabar, near the end of his career, sometimes you can hear disdain in the announcers voices about how obvious the sky hook is coming.

not part of the game but i use to love the old vince commercial where he is skipping down the street and the walker employee number 8 commercial.
            Sooo...

and

This is a great one. Great call:

Couldn't find one of Shaq showing off his dribbles, so instead I'll post this one:

LOVE this one, another great call:

Not off Pippen's miss, but still, SWEET play:

HAH Stockton:
            Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 6, 2012, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Remember this like it was yesterday:

Comment

There should be some Pistol Pete highlights in here. As for other players there are alot, but Nash and Magic were great to watch.

Comment

thanks joey. i can't use youtube. so thanks for posting those, that i assume are my picks

Comment

AI stepping over Tyronn Lue is pretty badass.

Comment

thanks joey. i can't use youtube. so thanks for posting those, that i assume are my picks
                      Youtube is part of Google so therefore you have no access in China. Did I get that right?

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Youtube is part of Google so therefore you have no access in China. Did I get that right?
                        yes. we can use google hong kong but the searches are slow and whenever there is a crackdown we can go a week or so without being able to get into our email accounts.

Comment

Happy to help!

Ya I managed to find most of them, will probably look up a few more tomorrow.

Do you guys have a YouTube equivalent there at least??

Comment

youku.com

great website, doesn't bother with copyright and stuff like that. but it has people monitoring controversial content and moderators who delete comments and others who write party friendly comments.

Comment

The fact this guy can't get a job as the 12th man on a team, blows my mind.
                              Its a shame a LEGEND of the game has been ostricized like he has been.

Iverson has got to be one of the most exciting players to EVER play the game. Easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X