Raptors Big Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I can see it now, "finally, we've gotten rid of Bargnani and now the defense can thrive around the rim. No, wait a second, Vesley can't keep up with his shadow... Damn it."

I think they need to take the best player available and it looks like the Kanter, Walker, Knight and Leonard are all better players right now and they all have high upside.
    But at least his Wins Produced stat would look much better than Bargnani's.

I'm not sure how high I should be on Leonard. He benefited greatly from all the players electing to return to college; he was pretty much a mid-first round/late lottery pick before that, and now he's considered as high as 4th overall. If we did pick Leonard 5th, I have a feeling people are going to forget how weak this draft is and expect him to be the next Gerald Wallace or bust.

Comment

Well, I think he's more ready to roll than Vesley is. I think there will be a much more polished player there than both those guys. At least one of Walker, Knight and Kanter will be there at #5.

Comment

Does anyone else think Chad Ford is pinning him on the Raptors at #5 because of this "the Raptors always draft international players" American bias?
        Perhaps. It's a really stupid bias but can you really blame them for this "American bias", considering the crazy number of Canadians who perpetuate the over-exaggeration as well? I actually thought there was a vast difference between Canadians and Americans (I've spent considerable time in both countries), but that gap seems to narrow quite a bit amongst sports fans. =P

And pleeeease, let us have Kanter. Even if he disappoints, I'd be fine with it; if you're going to take a risk, might as well be at the toughest position to fill.

Comment

I'd take singleton over leonard
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            I'd take singleton over leonard
            I'd trade down for two lottery picks to do that. =P

Comment

Well yeah
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                Yup agree.

Comment

Malcolm Lee and Singleton
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                    Not me. This draft is tricky enough as it is. At least at #5 they have a strong chance of getting the pick right.

I wouldn't be against them buying a later pick to take a guy like Tyler Honeycutt but beyond that, no thanks. I don't think Colangelo will add another pick given he traded his other #1 away for JJ.

Comment

Not me. This draft is tricky enough as it is. At least at #5 they have a strong chance of getting the pick right.

I wouldn't be against them buying a later pick to take a guy like Tyler Honeycutt but beyond that, no thanks. I don't think Colangelo will add another pick given he traded his other #1 away for JJ.
                      Oh, I'm not saying we should trade down. I've actually been quite adamant that we not trade down or out of this draft. I only meant that between Leonard and Singleton (if for some reason we could only pick Leonard or trade down), I'd be okay with going for quantity and more chances to find gold in this draft.

And I don't think trading away our 28th overall for JJ necessarily means we won't want to add another pick. I see value in adding a late lottery/mid-first pick or an early 2nd rounder (but I bet lots of teams prefer those too).

Comment

If they go after a second rounder I'm crossing my fingers for Isiah Thomas. He would be a first round lock if not for his size.

Comment

If they go after a second rounder I'm crossing my fingers for Isiah Thomas. He would be a first round lock if not for his size.
                          i know its unfounded because there really is no connection between the two other than being named after him, but i cringe at the thought of that name being connected to the franchise ever again.

Comment

Working...
                          X