If the Playoffs started today.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Playoffs started today.......

As the 3rd seed, we'd get Brooklyn in the first round, then Miami in the second.

Since IND is much improved than the last time the Raps beat them, do you guys want to keep the 3rd seed?

Or move down to 4th, get Washington (more sure than BKN) and take their chances against IND?

Play to win, not to lose. Go for the 3rd seed and hope for the best.

I still think Miami wins the conference. Only 2 games back of Indiana and I believe they have the tie breaker.

Comment

If the Playoffs Started today...it would be April 19th

Comment

what really scares me thinking about these things, is we might get the best record ever in raptors history, get the highest seeding ever(not sure how accurate I am on that but im sure someone will check it) and match the farthest we have gotten in the playoffs. in a year when at the beginning the majority of people (including myself ) wanted to tank for wiggins/the others and could of easily

I shudder to think how bad we have been since our inception as a franchise

Comment

I really want Indy. The Raps match up much, much better against them. Ross and Salmons can guard George, and the Raps bigs always play Hibbert quite well. The Heat are much more trouble - this team does not have a body that can guard Lebron (not that many teams do, but we don't even have a Pierce/Marion/Artest etc. with the size at SF). Lebron could basically beat this team single handed, imho.

I'm not worried about Nets vs. Wizards. Raps have played both very well.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            If the Playoffs Started today...it would be April 19th
            This.....and this long ass winter would be over!
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              As the 3rd seed, we'd get Brooklyn in the first round, then Miami in the second.

Since IND is much improved than the last time the Raps beat them, do you guys want to keep the 3rd seed?

Or move down to 4th, get Washington (more sure than BKN) and take their chances against IND?
              Some people just really love tanking..
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Some people just really love tanking..
                I think the whole IND/MIA things is overrated. I don't care who we get. Since the trade, we've played IND twice and MIA once. We're 1-1 against IND, but we're one Amir open hook going in from a victory against MIA.

I don't care if we haven't been 'historically' good against Miami. I think those types of records become bogus the minute your team makes a 180 like the raptors did after the Gay trade.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I might actually prefer a 2nd round matchup vs. Miami if only to hear an even louder ACC go bananas ripping Bosh, lol

Comment

I guarantee Miami will have the #1 seed in the East come playoff time.

Comment

The impact over an Indiana 2nd round win would be huge.. but can you imagine a 2nd round win over the Heat? Toronto would instantly get respect if that ever happened.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        The impact over an Indiana 2nd round win would be huge.. but can you imagine a 2nd round win over the Heat? Toronto would instantly get respect if that ever happened.
                        We would get massive respect beating either. But I think our fanbase is getting a little agressive in all this second round talk. Let's enjoy the final stretch and the first round first, don't think we should be looking past anyone.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

Don't really care. Both are touch matchups and the Raptors will have to play near-perfect or even perfect ball to beat either one in a 7 game series.

I also don't think Washington is necessarily more sure than BKN.

-BKN is scary because of "veteran savvy"...But they're also old, slow, have no interior presence, generally bad D and jumpshot heavy O. On paper, ignoring experience, I'd much rather face Brooklyn.
                          -Washington has a solid star PG in Wall, who is good at both ends. Their whole lineup is a good combination of big up front, athletic on the perimeter, they can shoot from distance, can beat you up inside, have pretty solid D all around, and some experienced guys to help their youth. Their inexperience might hurt them, but otherwise they're the more dangerous team, imo.

Keep the 3rd seed, let things play out. Think it'll be one of BKL, Charlotte or Washington...(think Atlanta is falling apart and the only thing keeping them in the playoffs is how horrid the teams below are). I'm fine with any of the 3. Like I said, I think if they are playing well, Washington is the toughest. BKL is just about their experience, but think matchup-wise we could take the series. Charlotte should be easy enough, but we always play down to them, and they always play well against us.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Here's the keys to the game for the Heat if we play them in the playoffs.

Comment

I'll add to my opinion that I think Indy has a bigger chance to faulter than the Heat. LeBron is just at a different level, and the team, with him, Wade, Battier, Allen, Bosh, etc. just has solid leadership and keep their cool

I could see the less-tested Indy team being more of a risk to fall apart. They get most of their leadership from West, and I guess Hill and Scola. George, Hibbert and Stephenson can all be volatile and inconsistent. And they traded Granger for Turner who is not much for leadership presence. Not saying they will let emotions get the best of them and play badly, just saying I see it still being more likely with them than Miami.

Also, the top is hardly wrapped up. Indy and Miami are 2 games apart. Can't be playing to jostle for position (which is generally a bad idea) when their positions are far from set in stone.

Comment

Working...
                              X