No announcement yet.

James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got my childhood nickname tattooed on my shoulder.... and you know what... after years of having it, and growing up, maturing, and becoming an adult...

STUPID NICKNAMES ARE EMBARASSING

If i came into work every day and people were like "Hey what's up, Mad Dog McCallister!" (not my nickname, just the first thing that popped in my head).. i would HATE my life.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
      i got my childhood nickname tattooed on my shoulder.... and you know what... after years of having it, and growing up, maturing, and becoming an adult...

STUPID NICKNAMES ARE EMBARASSING

If i came into work every day and people were like "Hey what's up, Mad Dog McCallister!" (not my nickname, just the first thing that popped in my head).. i would HATE my life.
      Hahaha Nicknames just remind me of the Seinfeld episode where George wants to be called T-Bone, but instead gets called Cocoa.
      I guarentee you James Johnson isn't yearning for a nickname like 'Boobie' Gibson, or 'Poo' Jeter.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        His mixed-martial arts background, is karate. Some fighters start with Ji-Jitsu or more commonly wrestling, JJ was a national champion in karate.

So my vote is for the 'karate kid'.
        Just read about his karate record and his parents kick boxing background. Awesome.
        Still karate kid reminds me of the little kid in the movies.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Hahaha Nicknames just remind me of the Seinfeld episode where George wants to be called T-Bone, but instead gets called Cocoa.
          I guarentee you James Johnson isn't yearning for a nickname like 'Boobie' Gibson, or 'Poo' Jeter.
          a friend of mine and me were once introduced to some dude who was a wannabe rapper... can't remember the name, but it was a mythical god.. so lets go with "Poseidon"... he introduced himself as "Poseidon"... i never saw my friend lose all the color in his face, visibly lose all of his energy, and get the "oh my god, i'm dealing with a simpleton" expression on his face all at once.. and then ask "no, what does your mother call you"

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
            Based on logic alone, you shouldn't include undrafted plrayers. The orginal premis was whether you could get a better player than JJ with the Miami pick. You can't use undrafted players in your argument precisely because they were undrafted...you didn't need a pick to get them. You are not really comparing apples to apples.

The real question is are there any pearls in THIS year's draft, apparently Colangelo and his scouting department doesn't think so. Or maybe Colangelo plans to buy a pick off someone on draft day, which would make all this arguing pointless.
            Your logic assumes in advance that the draft goes exactly as Draft Express or some rankings predict. Guys who should have been drafted always fall (e.g. Ed Davis, DuJuan Blair, Manu,...) and some guys fall right out of the draft. But they were available and should have been drafted. That's the original argument, that a guy of JJ's quality would not even be available. Undrafted is simply a way to quantify those guys. Undrafted = available.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              ("I just got owned"?, "How do I like them Apples"? , "Man up"??
              How the [censored] can I have a real conversation with this person?!?)

At this point Golden, it's not really whether I specifically am wrong on the matter. I disagree with the argument. And alot of others here do as well.You are arguing that getting a guy like Smush Parker is a good thing. Or any other scrub thats managed to play 3 measily seasons in the league. I am arguing that a player of James Johnsons caliber will be playing in the league for 10 years+. That is the difference.

So you keep thinking that Tyrone Nesby is going to be our starting SF. And how bout Kevin Ollie to the rescue at PG??
              And I will continue to think otherwise.
              Done with this.
              We don't have to wait 10 yrs. Within a few years, we will already know that there will be more than a handful of players of James Johnson's quality or better drafted after 27th or later, or even undrafted (should have been drafted), who will make equivalent or better contributions to their NBA team as JJ. Based on history - it is guaranteed to happen, even if you cut my list in half. That's the bottom line.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                We don't have to wait 10 yrs. Within a few years, we will already know that there will be more than a handful of players of James Johnson's quality or better drafted after 27th or later, or even undrafted (should have been drafted), who will make equivalent or better contributions to their NBA team as JJ. Based on history - it is guaranteed to happen, even if you cut my list in half. That's the bottom line.
                Based on history Miami's pick was GUARENTEED to fetch us better talent than James Johnson ...?

How can I argue with such definitive facts.

We are all wrong, guys. Goldens right.

Will call BC up and let him know he made a mistake.
                Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 4, 2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• based on history, a top 5 pick is guaranteed to be a bust. because there were some top 5 picks that were busts. so anybody with a lottery pick should sell their picks for a bucket of chicken and some biscuits.

Comment

• Lets call him 'Dill'

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I'm going to buy a lottery ticket. Tonight, when I lose, I'm going to look at the winning numbers and tell myself how stunned I am because I didn't pick them.

Comment

a friend of mine and me were once introduced to some dude who was a wannabe rapper... can't remember the name, but it was a mythical god.. so lets go with "Poseidon"... he introduced himself as "Poseidon"... i never saw my friend lose all the color in his face, visibly lose all of his energy, and get the "oh my god, i'm dealing with a simpleton" expression on his face all at once.. and then ask "no, what does your mother call you"
                        Maybe his mother calls him that as well...lol. There are some crazy adults around who saddle their kids with a lifelong embarrassment.

Was listening to the Buffalo sports station and a caller called in and volunteered he was a such a diehard (another label that gets me) fan that he named his daughter Sabre!! The possibilities...imagine answering to "Is Sabre Rattler present?"

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I'm going to buy a lottery ticket. Tonight, when I lose, I'm going to look at the winning numbers and tell myself how stunned I am because I didn't pick them.
                          hahaha fantastic analogy.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Maybe his mother calls him that as well...lol. There are some crazy adults around who saddle their kids with a lifelong embarrassment.

Was listening to the Buffalo sports station and a caller called in and volunteered he was a such a diehard (another label that gets me) fan that he named his daughter Sabre!! The possibilities...imagine answering to "Is Sabre Rattler present?"
                            one of my suppliers at work is named "Blade"... everytime i talk to him, in the back of my head is that movie trailer voiceover saying things like "in the darkest night.. demons rule the world... only one man is brave enough.. only one man is strong enough... BLADE!"

Comment

one of my suppliers at work is named "Blade"... everytime i talk to him, in the back of my head is that movie trailer voiceover saying things like "in the darkest night.. demons rule the world... only one man is brave enough.. only one man is strong enough... BLADE!"
                              There's a guy out there with the name Jizz

Comment

• Haha. This thread is guaranteed to get more retarded after every post.

Here's what I think: There probably will be a player in this year's draft in the 2nd round that will end up being better than JJ. There almost always is at least one real good player in the 2nd round

The odds of BC finding that sleeper in a weak draft is pretty slim. Just like the odds of all the GM's finding a sleeper in a late 1st round pick in a weak draft is slim.

So far JJ is turning out pretty solid. Dont be so eager to jump on BC for what looks like a logical move.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X