Linas Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linas Kleiza

This guy is going to be insane next season!

You do know he wont even be back till 2012 right?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

wasn't everyone saying that when we signed him? dude sucks

Comment

he's okay until we replace him with Gilchrist!

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
          you'd suck too if you're knee was busted

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
            he was injured all season...

Comment

he put up 31 points in a home game against denver with a busted knee... nuff said.

Comment

He deserves respect but we will not see him on a court until 2012...Hopefully heals up and becomes something...

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  He deserves respect but we will not see him on a court until 2012...Hopefully heals up and becomes something...
                  +1.

He had a good stretch around the end of December if I recall. My guess would be that was when he was given a cortisone shot (100% speculation on my part but it would explain the initial struggles, followed by really good play for a couple of weeks, then big time regression, and then done for the season).

He never had a chance to show what he can do here when healthy. I do think it was a good signing with a reasonable contract, however, who was to know he'd need microfracture. This truly was a stroke of bad luck for Linas and the franchise.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post

This guy is going to be insane next season!
                    Sorry Raptors_. This is one game from a couple of years ago. All NBA players have skills and all are capable of a career night. This was Linas'. Somewhere between your expectations of insane next season and, what seems like, the majority of posters here looking to drag him for a bag of digested dog food is where he'll be. My opinion is he is a decent starter on a bad team and a great 6-8th man on a really good team. I hope the Raptors become the latter with him in the next couple of seasons.

Comment

Is that why the Nuggs let him go to Europe?
                      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                        Is that why the Nuggs let him go to Europe?
                        No. The Nuggets were over the luxury tax and every dollar spent on him would have been the equivalent of two i.e. a $3M contract would have cost them $6M. They were weary of paying him considering this. The Nuggets had his rights as they extended a qualifying offer so he was at their mercy when it came to the NBA. However, just because DEN offered the QO didn't mean he had to sign it. He was playing behind Carmelo therefore not getting much burn or development. Also it is well documented how many teams do not make an offer for a RFA if they think the team will match it - it ties the signing team in to a stalemate for 7 days waiting. Kleiza went to Europe to play and make more money. He came back to the NBA when the opportunity presented himself. To say the Nuggets let him walk does not give any indication of the true circumstances in his leaving of Denver.

Comment

Kleiza is a pretty good player, BUT, dude cannot dribble with his left hand. He might as well have it amputated. Seriously. Its that bad.

How many times did I throw the remote at the TV when Kleiza dribbled the F'n ball off his foot and out of bounds. I swear it happened every game. My busted remote can attest to it.

Coupled with his injury, I wouldn't get too excited about Kleiza in the future. Hopefully he will be serviceable off the bench.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                            Kleiza is a pretty good player, BUT, dude cannot dribble with his left hand. He might as well have it amputated. Seriously. Its that bad.

How many times did I throw the remote at the TV when Kleiza dribbled the F'n ball off his foot and out of bounds. I swear it happened every game. My busted remote can attest to it.

Coupled with his injury, I wouldn't get too excited about Kleiza in the future. Hopefully he will be serviceable off the bench.
                            There is no doubt he tried to do too much this year when he played. Not much to disagree with in your colourful analysis lol.

Comment

He looked overweight this season compared to his days in denver

Comment

Working...
                              X