No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm of the personal belief that the standard line-up consists of a PG, 2 wings, and 2 bigs, and DeMar is a wing. I have no problem with him playing along side Ross, as long as Ross is guarding the opponent's better wing. (assuming Ross's defence checks out as being better than DeMar's)

Comment

• But the thing is, is that stronger bigger SF's are going to destroy us. Who's going to defend the Joe Johnsons, Lebrons, Rudy Gay's and such? Are you going to sub in James Johnson at that point? Then if we sub in James Johnson, we're going to have to have either Demar or Ross playing at the two, but we don't know which one would be better suited. Personally I'd go with Ross, since he does spread out the floor better, good for someone who passes well like JJ or Calderon.

Comment

• Why doesn't management just address the issue and stop with the make-shift stopgap solutions. Get a SF, an actual one, not just a SG that you'll play at that spot. SFs are typically bigger, longer, and more versatile offensively that SGs. Many SFs get minutes at the PF because they can score in the post and are big enough to play D at that position too. Ross or DeRozan would have a hard time consistently defending or scoring on most opposing SF. They are slashing/shooting SGs, wings, but they don't have the same physical tools or the skillset of a typical SF. Why don't we just get a SF and addresss the issue instead of just working around it? You think Ross or DeRozan can compete on both ends with the likes of Lebron, Deng, Wallace, Josh Smith, Carmelo, Artest?? C'mon now.

Comment

• The main reason he can't get consistent minutes at the 3 is a lack of strength and he doesn't have the size, like KD for example, to compensate for it.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• can you see him defending lebron/carmelo/granger/gay/etc??
            I cant.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• stefan5301 wrote: View Post
              But the thing is, is that stronger bigger SF's are going to destroy us. Who's going to defend the Joe Johnsons, Lebrons, Rudy Gay's and such? Are you going to sub in James Johnson at that point? Then if we sub in James Johnson, we're going to have to have either Demar or Ross playing at the two, but we don't know which one would be better suited. Personally I'd go with Ross, since he does spread out the floor better, good for someone who passes well like JJ or Calderon.
              Valid observation. However who would you expect that BC should acquire. To begin with such a SF has to be available in a trade, FA or the draft. We struck out in the draft obviously not getting the attainable Barnes. I dont see any SF game changer as a FA and trades are not easy as the Gay situation has shown. In anycase the game throughout the season is one of matchups. It takes a very unique team to have it all in all positions including depth. We shall just have to use our strengths in other areas. BTW Johnson plays SG and he makes about 22 mill I think. You believe he is worth that cap buster of a salary?... and Atlanta is desperate to unload him right now.

Comment

• The NBA has changed its style of play. Miami was playing Bosh at the 5.. Boston was playing KG at the 5.. and OKC was sitting Perkins down.

The idea of a guy being too small to play the 3 has some merit, but with the pace of an NBA game now I think a team that is more athletic can compensate for size. That's why I love JV.. he's a mobile big that can run and set screens. He is not going to be a guy you have to worry about in the middle.

So DeMar can definitely play the 3. He won't be able to defend James or Durant - but who can? In those situations Casey would go zone, or try and use some one like JV, Bargs or maybe bring in Kleiza/JJ for more minutes to help DeMar out. But against most teams, I think we would be okay with both DeMar and Ross in at the same time.

The concern I have with DeMar is that he has not proven to me anyways that he is a quality star/starter in the league... and our team desperately needs one to get to the next level. That's why even though I think DeMar can play the 3, I still think we need to upgrade that position with someone that has a lot of talent.

It doesn't seem like Memphis is willing to part with Gay but he would have been perfect as our starting 3, IMO.

Comment

• Demar is not good enough to defend starting 3s for most teams.

The likes of Miami and OKC can afford to play small because of their talented roster. When we have a player like James or Ibaka we can start talking about it.

Comment

• We could just toss even more money at gerald wallace.... i do like him quite a bit (just think hes overpayed) and he could deffinently play the Small forward position its an option, or toss the same amount at batum

That being said i wouldnt mind sending DD to the small forward spot and see how that works, defensively i doubt he'd do so well, but as already said its not like he was doing great at the shooting guard spot anyways. Plus theres no garuntee we're starting Ross anyways at this point from what i can see.

We could just have the same lineup with JJ starting and JV being the only substantial editon, but who knows on that one.

Comment

• Teams like Boston and Miami can afford to play small because they're loaded with talent that can effectively compensate. But they play small because they have no choice, not because it's their preffered choice. The truth is it hurts the teams overall potential to throw two SGs out there. Since Marion left we havn't addressed this issue, and it has become habit for management to sidestep the rosters flaws. We have the assets to address the SF in some capacity. Having a small forward is important. Though they are both wings you wouldn't want Ray Allen guarding Carmello right?

Comment

• Didn't Gerald Wallace just re-up with the Nets?
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I know Joe Johnson plays SG, but he's as strong as any SF in the league. Then they have Marvin Williams too, so essentially two SFs, while we'd play two SG. who would defend who? If at all possible I'd try to get Batum, and although he's a swingman, he'd do well with Terrence Ross or Demar with the way he plays. I agree that we would have some fantastic matchups at times with two athletic wings like Demar and Ross, but it could be a negative factor since they are both weaker wings. Demar has shown lots of struggle finishing through contact at times, and his handle isn't that great either. If he was better off-ball, stronger and had a more consistent mid-range and 3PT shot, i think he'd be a great pairing with Ross. Also he isn't worth anything near that 22 mill... Atlanta really shit the bed there.

Comment

• If DeMar bulks up to 230 lbs (he was at 216 lbs by the end of last season) ..... Wouldn't that be big enough for the 3 spot ?

Amir gained 20 lbs last season while Ed aded 16 lbs -- so it is possible and last time I checked, Casey had asked DeMar to live in the weight room this summer.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• It would, but it doesn't solve some major issues of his. Sure now he's big enough to defend other threes, but how about when he needs to rebound the ball? He's athletic sure, yet he still doesn't go after it on the glass. What about on offense? He doesn't move well without the ball, and he doesn't shoot well from outside nor finish at the rim all the well either. So what then?

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                                If DeMar bulks up to 230 lbs (he was at 216 lbs by the end of last season) ..... Wouldn't that be big enough for the 3 spot ?
                                Andre Iguodala, for example, is listed at 6'6", 207lbs.
                                As you alluded to in your post, Demar is listed at 6'7", 216lbs.
                                Rudy Gay is listed at 6'8", 230lbs.

I really don't see how size is REALLY a factor in this debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X