• NBA draft Grades are out ?

CBC Sport gave us D:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2...Round-1-Grades

Bleacherreport: C-
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-cards/page/16

USA Today: D
    http://q.usatoday.com/2014/06/26/nba...tant-analysis/

Speed over quality

Bravo. Everyone applaud these three sites for not taking their time and not opting to slowly think their verdict completely through.

And what a surprise, neither one of these guys probably ever seen the guy play or heard of him so there ya go. Ignorance equals a bad grade. Maybe the reality is he busts, who knows, but I know for sure these three aren't the ones in the know... Bad grade because they either don't know or there is no instant gratification out of the 20th pick.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Bravo. Everyone applaud these three sites for not taking their time and opting to slowly think their verdict completely through.

And what a surprise, neither one of these guys probably ever seen the guy play or heard of him so there ya go. Ignorance equals a bad grade. Maybe the reality is he busts, who knows, but I know for sure these three aren't the ones in the know.
      Lets hope by few days, we will have some websites ( other than RR) who will grade this pick more than C-.

Comment

Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

I would give us a B-

Comment

i dont think anyone can rate the 20th pick. We gotta see Bruno play in the summer league before we make a judgement

Comment

This would be true if he was drafted to make an impact right away.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                This would be true if he was drafted to make an impact right away.
                i think its still a reach that he'd make an impact even in 2-3-4-whatever years. but of course, what do we know?

at the same time, this could have been said about any of the other players that were still on the board that people have actually seen play and heard of.

i also find out highly unlikely the suns or spurs were 'hot' after this kid either. sounds like a lot of random things being thrown out there in order to try and defend the pick choice.

Comment

i think other than denver everyone else should get an inconclusive. i think denver did really well at the draft. also the spurs getting anderson is really good for anderson.

Comment

We got a B yayyyyyyyyyy.
                    yahoo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-n...062427651.html

Eric Freeman's analysis: It's safe to say that no one anticipated the choice. The Raptors selected the youngest player available in the draft (he doesn't turn 19 years old until September). ESPN's international prospect evaluator Fran Fraschilla, tasked with explaining Caboclo's value, did the young man no favors by calling him "the Brazilian Kevin Durant" before noting that he really doesn't know how to play basketball yet. To make matters worse, Fraschilla also said that Bruno is "two years away from being two years away, and then we'll see," which makes him sound more like the Brazilian Anthony Randolph than the reigning NBA MVP. Only time will tell if the Raptors had shocking foresight or made a huge mistake. They'll have a few years to judge Caboclo overseas before deciding if he's worth a roster spot. The rest of us will have to hope we can learn more — or just anything — about him before that time comes. Marc Spears' grade: B.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      i think its still a reach that he'd make an impact even in 2-3-4-whatever years. but of course, what do we know?

at the same time, this could have been said about any of the other players that were still on the board that people have actually seen play and heard of.

i also find out highly unlikely the suns or spurs were 'hot' after this kid either. sounds like a lot of random things being thrown out there in order to try and defend the pick choice.
                      Well it depends on how fast he catches on to the defense. He has a very good teacher and all the tools though.

Comment

Toronto won the "Comedy" award !!!! Check out the clips :Min2:03
                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...des-every-team

Comment

On draft night they need to give grades for the draft from 3 years ago. Grading them at the moment is basically saying "here's how the professional, 7-figure salary, experts did compared to what I, a writer on a blog, believe they should have done"

Comment

I will quickly insert my grade here. A+. Clearly the Raptors caught hold of the steal of the draft.

In five years the pundits will say that Bruno should have been the number 1 pick in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts. The most watched video of 2016 will be the highlight reel of Bruno stuffing the "Greek Freak" 4 consecutive times in a game late in February, 2016.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              I will quickly insert my grade here. A+. Clearly the Raptors caught hold of the steal of the draft.

In five years the pundits will say that Bruno should have been the number 1 pick in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts. The most watched video of 2016 will be the highlight reel of Bruno stuffing the "Greek Freak" 4 consecutive times in a game late in February, 2016.
                              I think you've all drank the Cool Aid and turned into Masai believers. Blind optimism. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and call this strike 1.

To summarize: the 2014 NBA Draft does not make the Raptors any better for the 2014-2015 season. Does not make Lowry want to resign. Does not earn the Raptors much due respect in terms of credibility for future free agents. Perhaps we will all thank Masai in 5 years, but the Raps have a winning team NOW! They need pieces to become better and push into the playoffs, not vest all hope in a project.

The right course of action would have been to pick Napier and trade him to the heat for their 26th pick and the two other second round picks Charlotte obtained. Raps would have picked contributor at 26 and would have had 4! second round picks to pick up Bruno! Come on!

Comment

Working...
                              X