Bargnani Doesn't Crack ESPN's Top 12 Young Big Men List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani Doesn't Crack ESPN's Top 12 Young Big Men List

Hmmm ... I'm not too sure about that. Hollinger does give Andrea an honorable mention, but I'm thinking he should be in that mix somewhere at least.

12. Jason Thompson, Sacramento Kings
    11. Marreese Speights, Philadelphia 76ers
    10. Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers
    9. Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee Bucks
    8. Kendrick Perkins, Boston Celtics
    7. Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls
    6. Al Horford, Atlanta Hawks
    5. Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies
    4. Brook Lopez, New Jersey Nets
    3. Al Jefferson, Minnesota Timberwolves
    2. Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers
    1. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
    Source - Click here

That right there is total B.S. and I'm out.

Comment

I'd put him at 10th on that list right there... Can't say I'm a big fan of Hollinger. This just makes me dislike him even more.

Comment

No arguments from 1 to 9 but Oden? That's just plain Hollinger hate.

Comment

WOW. Not even 12. What is Hollinger smoking. Bargs has been really good this year, better then so many guys on that list. BIG BS
          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

I'd also put Kevin Love ahead of Oden, Speights and Thompson. David Lee too, he's 26 so perhaps a bit old for this list.

Comment

Andrew Bogut
              Born: 1984

Kendrick Perkins

Chris Bosh

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Andrew Bogut

Kendrick Perkins

Chris Bosh
                Yeah, seriously. If Bosh doesn't make this list, I can't really see how those guys, or Jefferson and Howard, for that matter, can make it either. They're established players in the league.

Agreed that Love should be on that list. Also, Gasol and Horford should probably switch places. I'd put Noah after Perkins, and probably after Bogut.

I'd put Bargs in the Perkins/Bogut/Oden range.

Comment

Wow...how does Il Mago not make Top 12?! It may have something to do with the fact that Bargs does not play like a traditional C or big man. But still, that's just wrong. The list doesn't even make sense. What is he basing his candidacy on? Age? Years in the league? Established vs. unestablished players? Either way the list doesn't work cuz depending on what he is basing his candidacy on, players should be omitted/included in that list. In terms of all around ability, I would have no problem putting Bargs behind Horford on that list. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, seriously. If Bosh doesn't make this list, I can't really see how those guys, or Jefferson and Howard, for that matter, can make it either. They're established players in the league.

Agreed that Love should be on that list. Also, Gasol and Horford should probably switch places. I'd put Noah after Perkins, and probably after Bogut.

I'd put Bargs in the Perkins/Bogut/Oden range.
                    I think it is only a list of centers, not forwards. If it was all forwards and centers then that would be pure BS that Bosh didn't make it
                    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

why are we so sensitive with these 'rankings?' big fucking deal. sure, you could argue that bargs should be somwhere on that list, but what does it matter? you could make an argument that each of the guys on it deserve to be there.

as for bosh - i'm pretty sure hollinger didn't put him on that list because he's an already-established superstar.

but boy, we truthers sure like to get our collective panties in a bunch if someone says anything bad about our boys...shit, lamarcus aldridge ain't on it either, i wonder if blazer fans are having a conniption fit too.
                      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                        why are we so sensitive with these 'rankings?' big fucking deal. sure, you could argue that bargs should be somwhere on that list, but what does it matter? you could make an argument that each of the guys on it deserve to be there.

as for bosh - i'm pretty sure hollinger didn't put him on that list because he's an already-established superstar.

but boy, we truthers sure like to get our collective panties in a bunch if someone says anything bad about our boys...shit, lamarcus aldridge ain't on it either, i wonder if blazer fans are having a conniption fit too.
                        Actually, most of us were commenting on the total list, not just that Bargnani wasn't on it.

So Hollinger didn't put Bosh on the list because he's an established superstar? Isn't that justification for removing D-12 then?

Also, I'd like to mention that Carl Landry should be on the list. I don't get what Speights is doing there ahead of him.

Comment

Yeah and it said "young big men". Last time I checked Bosh was 6'10", 250lbs.

Comment

Its a list of centers, that is why Bosh is not there. Besides from Speights and Thompson they are definitely all centers, and the argument can be made that both Speights and Thompson are centers. It becomes more clear if you look at the honorable mentions, Roy Hibbert, Marcin Gortat, Roy Hibert, Specer Hawes. Also, if anyone else read the article, it clearly states it is a list of centers.
                            I Am Shutup

Comment

If its centers then it should say centers.

Comment

Working...
                              X