No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former head of basketball operations (and Ujiri's former boss before Ujiri took the job in Denver) Bryan Colangelo has been trying to move Andrea Bargnani for months, even publicly admitting it. The problem is the massive contract Colangelo gave Bargnani a few years ago, with $22 million dollars left over two seasons on the deal.

That's going to be difficult for Ujiri to move, even as savvy of a trade artist as he is. The big problem honestly may be that NBA front offices have been getting progressively smarter. More inventive, savvy managers with an understanding of the CBA have been hired, making it more and more difficult to move bad deals.

But if Ujiri's willing to take an absolute bath on the deal, which he may be, since Colangelo always treated Bargnani as his pet player and wanted good return, Ujiri may be able to offload him. It's not about getting good return at this point for Toronto. It's about just moving him off the books and having the franchise move forward.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ading-bargnani

Anyone willing to take his contract at this point...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I think at this point you have to trade Barg with the view that whatever you get isn't going to be a better player, but rather a piece that fits the team better. A expiring contract. Something like that.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bargs for Biedrins straight up? Maybe they throw in their first round pick or something?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Golden State have always been intrigued by him for whatever reason
          Because they know what actually useless is...Andris Biedrins. Bargnani just had a bad season. Yes he's a flawed player(allergic to rebounding, can't defend the paint), but you never know what the right situation can do for a guy. Toronto was building around him as a #1 or #2(while Bosh was around) option. That's stupid. He's a 3rd/4th option as a scorer. I think in GSW or OKC he could flourish. OKC more so with Ibaka and Durant's length in the frontcourt.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Bargs for Biedrins straight up? Maybe they throw in their first round pick or something?
            Yeah...that's what I'm thinking is going to be one of the "best" options. GSW doesn't need to add a draft pick (or guaranteed money) in a shit weak draft year, especially when their roster has a lot of young talent on it.

And OKC might easily be willing to part with a pick, or maybe even a guy like Perry Jones.

Comment

• I'm interested to see ujiri's take on this. I was actually wondering if he would take a wait and see approach. Unless he knows something I don't (that could be true....), ab's trade value can't be any lower than it is now. Unless he actually has a negative impact , which many will argue he does, why not at least let him build some value as a third big? Let the vitriol begin.....

Comment

• My guess: Chicago, New York or LAL.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I heard of Bargnani for Richard Jefferson's expiring deal which isn't too bad.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    I heard of Bargnani for Richard Jefferson's expiring deal which isn't too bad.
                    That would probably be pretty sweet, with tons of money off the books after next season ( I think)

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Because they know what actually useless is...Andris Biedrins. Bargnani just had a bad season. Yes he's a flawed player(allergic to rebounding, can't defend the paint), but you never know what the right situation can do for a guy. Toronto was building around him as a #1 or #2(while Bosh was around) option. That's stupid. He's a 3rd/4th option as a scorer. I think in GSW or OKC he could flourish. OKC more so with Ibaka and Durant's length in the frontcourt.
                      Yes but AB still cannot defend. Golden State might be a better fit for both sides.

Comment

• I don't think Bargnani is an incapable player just needs a change of scenery. Both sides need that, actually.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Golden state has $20.3m in useless contracts next season with Landry looking for a pay raise.

Still think Raps should try to trade DeRozan for a first round pick to a team with cap space to take him.

Take the TPE for Biedrins and Bargnani for Jefferson with Marion going to GSW to replace landry and #13 going to Toronto.

Maybe you can get a 2014 lotto protected 1st from GSW and maybe Crowder from Dallas?

Raps get over $22m in expirings next season (2014) and nearly $35m (2015) the following season while still remaining competitive in the meantime.

Comment

• Well we know the Knicks are on the verge of desperation to move Amare. That's a step in the wrong direction however unless they toss in 1st rounders.

Biedrins straight up for Bargnani won't work under the CBA, correct? RJ straight up would however but that would be strictly a $12M cap dump play.

Would Washington do Emeka Okafor for Bargnani and Gray?

Maybe the Raptors end up having to wait until a team strikes out during FA and looks for trades to add talent?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Well we know the Knicks are on the verge of desperation to move Amare. That's a step in the wrong direction however unless they toss in 1st rounders.

Biedrins straight up for Bargnani won't work under the CBA, correct? RJ straight up would however but that would be strictly a $12M cap dump play.

Would Washington do Emeka Okafor for Bargnani and Gray?

Maybe the Raptors end up having to wait until a team strikes out during FA and looks for trades to add talent?
                              BIedrins for Bargs is tight. About 50k off. Maybe bargnani waives part of his trade kicker like Turk did.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                BIedrins for Bargs is tight. About 50k off. Maybe bargnani waives part of his trade kicker like Turk did.
                                If the best you can do is Biedrins you might as well bust out the amnesty clause.

Comment

Working...
                                X