Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    I have no clue what has happened to this team offensively and defensively. It's really sad to see. Everything they did well in the regular season just has not shown up in the playoffs at all. It just comes to show how important experience is. When you've gone through it many times nothing phases you anymore.
    There are a lot of factors I think that has led to Raps current situation.

The two biggest are they:
    1) have been scouted for months now,
    2) a touch of fools gold with the 2nd easiest schedule in the league in the 2nd half of season.

Screwed by reps/refs, injuries, lack of real depth, poor coaching, and a veteran team waking up for yet another post season run (as a collection of individuals) are all worthwhile talking points too.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      There are a lot of factors I think that has led to Raps current situation.

The two biggest are they:
      1) have been scouted for months now,
      2) a touch of fools gold with the 2nd easiest schedule in the league in the 2nd half of season.

Screwed by reps/refs, injuries, lack of real depth, poor coaching, and a veteran team waking up for yet another post season run (as a collection of individuals) are all worthwhile talking points too.
      Wait a minute... did you change your name Matt???
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        Pharrell's gotten to him
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
          Pharrell's gotten to him
          Naw I think MCdonalds has gotten to him hahahah
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Lol mchappy

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              Old McDonald or I'm lovin' it McDonald??
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

Old McDonald or I'm lovin' it McDonald??
                Why not both hahah
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

LOL
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Pharrell's gotten to him
                    Who?

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      Yes

Comment

Who?
                        this guy

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          I have no clue what has happened to this team offensively and defensively. It's really sad to see. Everything they did well in the regular season just has not shown up in the playoffs at all. It just comes to show how important experience is. When you've gone through it many times nothing phases you anymore.
                          What has happened to this team offensively and defensively? Well let's consider some possible answers.

1. The players have decided to stop listening to the coach that helped them get to the playoffs...Doesn't seem TOO likely.
                          2. The coach and staff have decided to ignore everything that brought them success through the season....See response above.
                          3. They have nagging injuries to some of their major players that are impacting their game, like Amir and Lowry...Well yeah, we've heard that.
                          4. Other teams have been more intensively scouting the Raptors for the last 6 weeks as it became apparent that they would be in the playoffs...Well sure, that makes sense.
                          5. The Nets are the worst possible match-up for the Raptors and their specific players and style of play...well Chicago might be as bad, but yeah, the Nets are a tough match-up for DD, Ross and Amir.
                          6. First time entry into the playoffs has had a significant impact on the play of some Raptors...Like DD in Game 1 and Ross the whole series.

So maybe they haven't collectively decided to play like shit and just stop trying. Maybe Casey doesn't really have his head up his ass. Maybe there is another team playing against them with talent, experience and a desire to win? Oh yeah. I am not discounting the reffing. I happen to be a Donaghy fanboy. I think the calls are slanted and will stay that way.

Comment

Yes
                            ♫ When the Raptors game has gone to shit
                            Ain't no big deal. Get over it
                            Don't Worry
                            Be McHappy ♫

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              What has happened to this team offensively and defensively? Well let's consider some possible answers.

1. The players have decided to stop listening to the coach that helped them get to the playoffs...Doesn't seem TOO likely.
                              2. The coach and staff have decided to ignore everything that brought them success through the season....See response above.
                              3. They have nagging injuries to some of their major players that are impacting their game, like Amir and Lowry...Well yeah, we've heard that.
                              4. Other teams have been more intensively scouting the Raptors for the last 6 weeks as it became apparent that they would be in the playoffs...Well sure, that makes sense.
                              5. The Nets are the worst possible match-up for the Raptors and their specific players and style of play...well Chicago might be as bad, but yeah, the Nets are a tough match-up for DD, Ross and Amir.
                              6. First time entry into the playoffs has had a significant impact on the play of some Raptors...Like DD in Game 1 and Ross the whole series.

So maybe they haven't collectively decided to play like shit and just stop trying. Maybe Casey doesn't really have his head up his ass. Maybe there is another team playing against them with talent, experience and a desire to win? Oh yeah. I am not discounting the reffing. I happen to be a Donaghy fanboy. I think the calls are slanted and will stay that way.
                              Can't like via iphone so +1 for you sir

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                How the HELL are you not exploiting this advantage all game, every game, Casey?! It's by far the best advantage the Raptors have, and you're letting Kidd take it away from you.
                                This has been a concern all season. Our guards are not good at involving our bigs

TRex wrote: View Post
                                I said this before and i'll say it again. Raps should primarily use Ross as a spot up 3pt shooter. Not a fan of him handling the ball. That's not his game.
                                Has anyone noticed that we haven't run many baseline plays for him? He is best coming off screens in rythm....and now we are using him as an ISO guy

No wonder he is struggling shooting

ps77 wrote: View Post
                                Two players that need to get more mins are: 1) Novak and 2) de Colo. Why does DC bring in Novak the end of games when he's been sitting ice cold on the bench? It's not rocket science that shooters need to be in the flow of the game to get their shots off.

de Colo is a playmaker. When the offense struggles as much as it does in the half court, you need a facilitator like de Colo who can break down defenses and make the extra pass to the open man. This team gets into the same rut with the two-man game of DD and KL.
                                I really think De Colo can have an impact, Vasquez is big enough to play SG and we could use De Colo as the PG who brings a ton of movement. I don't know why Casey does not use him

I would run with a 9 man rotation

Lowry
                                DD
                                Ross
                                Johnson
                                JV

De Colo
                                Vasquez
                                Fields
                                Pattman

Comment

Working...