No announcement yet.

Nash, Wiggins and Canadian National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my my, the patriotism is reaching fascist levels in here. If only everyone were so blindly celebratory of the Raptors we wouldn't have to hear tanking arguments every other day.

Sorry for pushing buttons guys, I guess criticizing the national team is off limits since the guys put in time and effort.....

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      Oh my my, the patriotism is reaching fascist levels in here. If only everyone were so blindly celebratory of the Raptors we wouldn't have to hear tanking arguments every other day.

Sorry for pushing buttons guys, I guess criticizing the national team is off limits since the guys put in time and effort.....
      You are missing the point. The national team players of the past were giving their best in international play (Samuel Dalembert excepted), basically donating their professional services, risking injury, adding additional wear and tear to their joints when they could be recuperating in the off season, mostly playing with very little notice at home often in hostile environments abroad.

There hasn't been any strident flag waving here on this thread, just some appreciation for those that heard the calling to be a national team member, win or lose.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        You are missing the point. The national team players of the past were giving their best in international play (Samuel Dalembert excepted), basically donating their professional services, risking injury, adding additional wear and tear to their joints when they could be recuperating in the off season, mostly playing with very little notice at home often in hostile environments abroad.

There hasn't been any strident flag waving here on this thread, just some appreciation for those that heard the calling to be a national team member, win or lose.
        This!
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I see zero reason that Nash shouldn't just suit up to help qualify this team, like it or not, even old he is our nations premier Point Guard.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            I see zero reason that Nash shouldn't just suit up to help qualify this team, like it or not, even old he is our nations premier Point Guard.
            I am feel pretty good about this group taking home a medal and advancing.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Aside from putting careers on the line, those guys worked hard enough on their game, for many years, to be among the best in the country at playing it. You go way beyond "criticism" when you speak of them as "utter crap" and "an embarrassment to Canada". Again, wtf have you done to be among the top 15 in the country, at anything, that you feel you have the right to call them an embarrassment to their country?

Comment

I respect that...but would you feel better with Nash suiting up? Likely.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nash, one of my all time favs, but he still has yet to convince me there is any real reason he shouldn't be suiting up. Sitting out here and there i get....but not every year. when the team is close, and one great player could make a huge difference.... he should be playing, not wearing a suit.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                  Aside from putting careers on the line, those guys worked hard enough on their game, for many years, to be among the best in the country at playing it. You go way beyond "criticism" when you speak of them as "utter crap" and "an embarrassment to Canada". Again, wtf have you done to be among the top 15 in the country, at anything, that you feel you have the right to call them an embarrassment to their country?
                  or better yet, tell them that to their face.

Comment

Dude Nash ain't playing. He's like 40. His priority is not being injured. Plus he's put his time in and then some.

I for one am quite excited about some solid basketball to watch in the offseason, with the most promising Canadian basketball team yet. And the best is yet to come.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Thanks for the newsflash.

It'd be a lot cooler if he did!!!

Comment

And maybe Todd Macculloch could join the team. I'm yet to hear a good reason why he can't.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          And maybe Todd Macculloch could join the team. I'm yet to hear a good reason why he can't.
                          Ummm, he's morbidly obese now. Could be an issue.

Comment

...and his nerves in his feet don't work. BUT GUYS! TODD MACCULLOCH!
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

ok was that a serious post?

hahahahaaaa yes you're right, my hopes ot see the best PG in canada play are ridiculous, because by wishing so, I am asserting that Todd Macculloch should also be on the team.

gotchya

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                                ...and his nerves in his feet don't work. BUT GUYS! TODD MACCULLOCH!
                                classic. hahaha

but no really, I just wish Nash would play. I wanna see Canada win.

Comment

Working...
                                X