Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelson Mandela: The World Loses an Icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson Mandela: The World Loses an Icon.

So a Paul Walker thread pops up in no time, but Nelson Mandela not getting any love?! Geez Louise you guys! Lol

The things this guy had gone through, in order to make other peoples lives better is absolutely incredible.
    If there was ever someone in our lifetime to be revered as a true inspirational leader in the face of absolute hell, its this guy -

The World is better off because of him being here, and worse off for his loss.

Comment

Comment

RIP
        Last edited by Joey; Fri Dec 6, 2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

It's a funny thing... the world today, is the way it is, because of people like Mandela...

and most people wouldn't even know it..

there was a time... not even all that long ago... like, the 90s... that it truly fucking SUCKED to be a coloured person..

nowadays we live in a world of media sensationalized racism... but no real racism...

Rodney King got the FUCK beat out of him simply for being black....

those days are gone... because society has changed... and most people can't even appreciate the kind souls who nurtured that change.

RIP Madiba

Comment

My wife had an opportunity to meet him and shake his hand when she was little in one of his only trips to Canada. Still to this day she remember's that day so vividly. Such a significant loss, but his legacy will live on.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
              My wife had an opportunity to meet him and shake his hand when she was little in one of his only trips to Canada. Still to this day she remember's that day so vividly. Such a significant loss, but his legacy will live on.
              Wow. That's like meeting Jesus or Buddha to some people. Thats amazing.

I guess we just have to be thankful that he was able to live until 95yo, and wasn't assassinated like so many other great visionaries.

Comment

Being a quarter South African, this touches home. One of the few people I ever wanted to actually meet. rip
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  So a Paul Walker thread pops up in no time, but Nelson Mandela not getting any love?! Geez Louise you guys! Lol

The things this guy had gone through, in order to make other peoples lives better is absolutely incredible.
                  If there was ever someone in our lifetime to be revered as a true inspirational leader in the face of absolute hell, its this guy -

The World is better off because of him being here, and worse off for his loss.
                  Two things.. One:He was 95. Two: He wasn't 40 and did not die a tragic death.

Anyways,

RIP.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    It's a funny thing... the world today, is the way it is, because of people like Mandela...

and most people wouldn't even know it..

there was a time... not even all that long ago... like, the 90s... that it truly fucking SUCKED to be a coloured person..

nowadays we live in a world of media sensationalized racism... but no real racism...

Rodney King got the FUCK beat out of him simply for being black....

those days are gone... because society has changed... and most people can't even appreciate the kind souls who nurtured that change.

RIP Madiba

I sense you're just being hyperbolic and weren't completely serious. But, really? The 90's? If you're referring to the continent that we live on, that's not really at all true.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

He was becoming forgotten in many ways, I only hope his death, and subsequent memorial media will only not just remind people of who he was as a man, and what he believed in, but magnify it immensely. Often our hero's are made much larger in death, Nelson Mandela, and his message, will hopefully become that much more accessible and widespread now.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Anyways,

RIP.
                        not sure that was the theme of that post bud... know what im saying?

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                          not sure that was the theme of that post bud... know what im saying?

Yeah, pal. I know what you're saying, but then why was it thrown in there at all, buddy? It's a bit of an unnecessary jab at Walker and the poster who made the thread about him, you know what I'm saying, friendo?

Comment

Anyways,

RIP.
                            Yeah, pal. I know what you're saying, but then why was it thrown in there at all, buddy? It's a bit of an unnecessary jab at Walker and the poster who made the thread about him, you know what I'm saying, friendo?
                            Seriously LBF? Like seriously?
                            I know you're younger and may not appreciate the magnitude of this, but you really can't compare Paul Walker to Nelson Mandela... and that is in no way taking a 'jab' at Walker.

I sense you're just being hyperbolic and weren't completely serious. But, really? The 90's? If you're referring to the continent that we live on, that's not really at all true.
                            When were you born LBF? '93? Something like that? I'm not sure that gives you much basis to speak to the state of society at the time. When Mandela was released from Prison in 1990, the world was a MUCH different place then it is now.
                            Last edited by Joey; Fri Dec 6, 2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of starting this thread yesterday but then I'm like nah if you guys cared then someone would have started it before me (since im hardly on these boards)

but honestly this man has inspired so many, hope his legacy lives on. He was a great man and seeing him in and out of the hospital during the summer knowing that his time was coming....(lost honestly i have no words)...at least he's at rest now.

and yall might be like she doesn't even know what shes taking bout, well I do i know I wasn't born back then but hey i respect this man dearly. without him who know where we might be, the world would have been a whole different place

as far as Paul Walker is concerned, how are you comparing a fuckin leader to a guy on a tv.... get real LBF your smarter than that
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                              X