"rumbles of curiosity" from Raps in Arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If we have a real catastrophic season, we might get a franchise PG in Kyrie Ivring or Brandon Knight through the draft.
    Just out of interest, what kind of season are YOU expecting them to have. For me, if they have a season that pretty much fulfills expectations, they'll have a very good chance at getting a top 5 pick. I don't even know what a catastrophic season would be. Maybe winning 15 games instead of 25. Either one will give them a very good shot at a top 3 pick, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      Here is on our draft grade where we got an A-

Hollinger showing how good Bargnani actually was

Chad Ford also thinks Bargnani is the "real deal"

This is SI's mock draft

Another Mock Draft

NBAdraft.net also thinks Bargnani was going 1st

The only draft site which didn't project Bargnani going first was Scout.com who projected him 5th

Unless a player isn't considered to be "able" to be first overall pick, they don't get all this media exposure. You can't find evidence that any team is going to take a certain player unless it's a 100% like Griffin, Wall, LeBron, Yao etc..
      Ummmm do you know why they projected him to go 1st ? Cuz the Raptors had the 1st pick in the draft and BC was head over heels in love with him leading up to the draft....When i said show the evidence i mean that the GMs outside of BC were interested in him as highly as the Raps were....You wont find it....

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
        Ummmm do you know why they projected him to go 1st ? Cuz the Raptors had the 1st pick in the draft and BC was head over heels in love with him leading up to the draft....When i said show the evidence i mean that the GMs outside of BC were interested in him as highly as the Raps were....You wont find it....
        He was projected top 3, before the lottery had gone through.

Can I ask you a question Trife, why do you put in so much effort just to prove that Bargnani is bad. What to you gain from it? So let's say I don't find any proof that Bargnani was projected to be a very high pick, then you will be right. Now then, you would have proven that Bargnani wasn't a deserving number one pick, now what have you gained? We have Bargnani, and whether anyone likes it, he will be earning $50 million dollars over the next 5 years, and all the bullshit about him not being a franchise player are just dumb. Because I don't see the Blazers or the Grizzlies being contenders although they have the far more talented Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay. This was a bad draft overall, Bargnani was and still is one of the best players to come out of the draft.

Instead of bashing Bargnani for a change, why don't you talk about how DeRozan has been on a slump? Or how Kleiza has shot pretty much as well as Belinelli, or how Amir had 2 decent games this season after getting a 5 year $35 Million dollar contract.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Just out of interest, what kind of season are YOU expecting them to have. For me, if they have a season that pretty much fulfills expectations, they'll have a very good chance at getting a top 5 pick. I don't even know what a catastrophic season would be. Maybe winning 15 games instead of 25. Either one will give them a very good shot at a top 3 pick, though.
          I don't think we're having a good season at all. I said it right from the beginning that we'd be lucky to win 27 games. There is talent, but it's raw. Very raw. I think this team would be better off attempting to Bargnani on draft night for a pick that'll land us Kanter..and possibly making a run at Oden.

Comment

I don't think we're having a good season at all. I said it right from the beginning that we'd be lucky to win 27 games. There is talent, but it's raw. Very raw. I think this team would be better off attempting to Bargnani on draft night for a pick that'll land us Kanter..and possibly making a run at Oden.
            I assume you left out a "trade", as in "trade Bargnani". As for the Raptors, they're having about the season I figured they would. I predicted 28 games, which might have been on the high side, but I think the Raptors will win around that. If you figured 27 wins, what would be catastrophic, then?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I assume you left out a "trade", as in "trade Bargnani". As for the Raptors, they're having about the season I figured they would. I predicted 28 games, which might have been on the high side, but I think the Raptors will win around that. If you figured 27 wins, what would be catastrophic, then?
              My apologies, I got a lot of stuff to do in between posting. I did forget to add in "trade" before Bargnani. Personally, I think they'll win 20-21 games at most. If they did win 27, they'd be lucky. I think winning 20-21 games is pretty catastrophic. It's pretty bad, would you not agree?

Comment

My apologies, I got a lot of stuff to do in between posting. I did forget to add in "trade" before Bargnani. Personally, I think they'll win 20-21 games at most. If they did win 27, they'd be lucky. I think winning 20-21 games is pretty catastrophic. It's pretty bad, would you not agree?
                I think winning 20-21 games with the roster they have certainly wouldn't be catastrophic. To me, catastrophic would be winning fewer than 15 games. And even still, with a rebuilding team, does it really matter how many games they win? Was it catastrophic when Oklahoma won 20 and then 23 games?
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X