The "future" is about building around Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "future" is about building around Gay

As of today, we have about 1% chance of making the playoff consider Rudy Gay is out with back spasms, who knows when he will return to the lineups. DeRozan is not gonna make this team any better and without Gay's presence, he's just a mediocre SG. Allen Anderson will keep on jacking up shots after shots, a 3rd stringer SG on a better teams and almost non existent on a championship calibre team. Lowry is not his former self when he played for the Rockets where practically offense are going through him, we either switch to an offensive minded coach or trade Lowry for a pass first PG. Bargnani is just atrocious to play but let him ride the storm till the end of the season, perhaps we can find a better suitor for him.

Terrence Ross needs to be packaged along with our expiring for a backup SG, someone in the mold of Redick who can hit open jumpers or beyond the arc. Amir Johnson is not our PF of the future, a decent backup PF/C, a glue guy, picture Oakley. We need a someone versatile of a PF to keep up with the new wave of PF in today's basketball scenario (Someone in the calibre of KG, CB4, Al Jeff, Josh Smith, Boozer, D.West, L.Aldridge), possibly address that through the draft (buy a pick through trade with Bargs??) Valanciunas need another year or two to keep up with the rest of the center in this league, to me, he just has as much ceiling as Enes Kanter, Omer Asik, at the best Pekovic. His not in the mold of Sabonis, Gortat or Igauskaus at their prime. To look forward for next year, we need to build around Rudy Gay. Remember this is Gay's team now, all others are just supporting players and most are expendable.
    Last edited by Arsenalist; Sun Mar 3, 2013, 08:38 PM. Reason: Added a title that makes sense.

Trading Ross? No.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Trading Ross? No.
      Trading Ross? For the right price? Yes. Trading Derozan? Yes, for the right price. In my opinion, JV, Gay, Lowry, and Amir are the only untouchables...
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Trading Ross? For the right price? Yes. Trading Derozan? Yes, for the right price. In my opinion, JV, Gay, Lowry, and Amir are the only untouchables...
        The right price... and what is the right price for untapped potential like Ross? Ross is untouchable, there is no one in the league that will offer us what we would sell him for. Therefor there is no right price. Out of the 300 odd players and 60 picks in next years draft, NOTHING will settle a deal for Terrence Ross.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          The right price... and what is the right price for untapped potential like Ross? Ross is untouchable, there is no one in the league that will offer us what we would sell him for. Therefor there is no right price. Out of the 300 odd players and 60 picks in next years draft, NOTHING will settle a deal for Terrence Ross.
          Id take James Harden and a second round draft pick.

In seriousness, I do not understand why some consider Amir to be untouchable. The whole point of someone being "untouchable" is that they would be very difficult, if not impossible, to replace. Guys like Lowry (who the team shopped at one point of this season), Amir, and to some extent Demar (even though I like him and Gay together), are all "touchable".

JV, Ross and Gay are the only ones I would deem untouchable, but that does not mean all the other guys I want to trade.

Comment

Ross' "untouchable" status seems to be waning. Within the subset of shining rookies this season, Ross has definitely not been one of them. Granted his minutes have been stripped but the flashes we got from him lately have been disappointing. We got him as a shooter yet we only know him as a high flying dunker. This team desperately needs a reliable 3 point machine. Is that what were hoping he turns out to be?
            Last edited by iblastoff; Sun Mar 3, 2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

The reason we dont see him as untouchable is because our coaching staff refuse to give him minutes. Maybe he is not deserving i do not know but everything i've seen so far the kid just needs some run and experience. Looking at him on the bench he looks so demoralized and rightfully so. The hardest part for me to understand is how after ross or JV make a mistake they are yanked, when AA does whatever he pleases Casey decides to keep him out there for what seems like forever. This also goes for AB who lets just hope we are trying to increase trade value and still don't believe in him because the dude is garbage.

I am a huge fan of the coaching staff, but they (or casey) needs to go. Our offence does not suit our players so we either need new team or new coach...

Untouchables Ross, JV, Gay and imo demar. Everyone hates on demar for no reason. Please explain to me why you hate demar? people said he couldn't play with Gay now hes shining with him, said he couldn't pass hes passing, his shot has improved every year same with his play making skills, his handle has improved but still needs some work. The kid is hardest worker on team and people want to get rid of him because he works his ass off and loves TO ? ... i dont get it...

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                The reason we dont see him as untouchable is because our coaching staff refuse to give him minutes. Maybe he is not deserving i do not know but everything i've seen so far the kid just needs some run and experience. Looking at him on the bench he looks so demoralized and rightfully so. The hardest part for me to understand is how after ross or JV make a mistake they are yanked, when AA does whatever he pleases Casey decides to keep him out there for what seems like forever. This also goes for AB who lets just hope we are trying to increase trade value and still don't believe in him because the dude is garbage.

I am a huge fan of the coaching staff, but they (or casey) needs to go. Our offence does not suit our players so we either need new team or new coach...

Untouchables Ross, JV, Gay and imo demar. Everyone hates on demar for no reason. Please explain to me why you hate demar? people said he couldn't play with Gay now hes shining with him, said he couldn't pass hes passing, his shot has improved every year same with his play making skills, his handle has improved but still needs some work. The kid is hardest worker on team and people want to get rid of him because he works his ass off and loves TO ? ... i dont get it...
                I definitely see demar as untouchable, especially his growth year after year. Some people have ridiculous expectations. Its like unless the lineup isn't full of lebrons than we should get rid of them.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  Ross' "untouchable" status seems to be waning. Within the subset of shining rookies this season, Ross has definitely not been one of them. Granted his minutes have been stripped but the flashes we got from him lately have been disappointing. We got him as a shooter yet we only know him as a high flying dunker. This team desperately needs a reliable 3 point machine. Is that what were hoping he turns out to be?
                  +1.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    I definitely see demar as untouchable, especially his growth year after year. Some people have ridiculous expectations. Its like unless the lineup isn't full of lebrons than we should get rid of them.
                    I don't see him untouchable, just incredibly hard to trade. Because, his progression is impressive, and there's not many other players like him. If there are, teams won't trade their player.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      If you can get a Paul Millsap back, I'd take it in a heartbeat for Bargnani + Ross + 1st rounder (if playoffs aren't made). There IS a right price for every player, regardless of how good they are, how untapped their potential is (personally, I don't see Ross' potential as high as everyone sees it as) and how bad/good contract is. Every player is expendable, it depends on what the management depicts the player to be. Whether an asset, untouchable, core, etc.

Comment

What exactly is the right price? Unless we're getting back a perennial all star Ross ain't going anywhere.

Comment

The only untouchables on this team are Gay and JV. That's it.

You all know what i think of Lowry(see the Lowry thread). Ross is all potential. But i do think though that his skillset is a much better fit on this team than DeRozan just because he can shoot and is a much better defender. Question is, how much he wants it?

DeRozan on the other hand is overrated. The guy struggles and shit the bed whenever the team needed him the most. Last night's game was a great example. He also always disappear whenever the Raps play a tough physical defensive team. Play him physical and i guarantee DeRozan will struggle.

If/when the Raps make the playoffs next year. I guarantee DeRozan will be a non factor because playoff basketball is tough basketball.
                          Last edited by The Great One; Sun Mar 3, 2013, 04:54 PM.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

If you can get a Paul Millsap back, I'd take it in a heartbeat for Bargnani + Ross + 1st rounder (if playoffs aren't made). There IS a right price for every player, regardless of how good they are, how untapped their potential is (personally, I don't see Ross' potential as high as everyone sees it as) and how bad/good contract is. Every player is expendable, it depends on what the management depicts the player to be. Whether an asset, untouchable, core, etc.
                            Wow, you'd give up a pick and Ross for a guy who's never made an all-star game....I don't know how you judge talent then. Millsap is not exactly going to bust out more than he has. Talk about overrating talent. You'll trade away Ross, who you can't failry judge with the sporadic playing time, is much younger and does have all-star potential (he's at least as athletic and more skilled than Demar was as a rookie, and Demar's tured out pretty well) for a guy who has never made an all-star appearance and turns 29 next season (and who will also possibly have a long, costly contract). I would happily take Millsap, but Demar and Ross are off the table.

*I don't understand how some people can become so impatient so quickly with young, high potential players, even if that does just turn out to be a valuable bench piece. It takes at least 2-3 seasons before judging someone's ceiling starts becoming easier.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Mar 3, 2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Ross needs some damn time. Tomorrow night is when it should start, just give him the green light

Comment

Working...
                              X