2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-locity wrote: View Post
    If by draft night and we're still picking 5th, i say kemba or brandon if they're still available and try to add a center through the off season, drafting a center even if its jonas or enes, will still take a lil time for them to develop statisticaly. If we do get a pg, i guess jose's time is up in T.O. But then again, with BC back in charge, we all know that he is full of surprises though its usually a 50/50 chance of us loving it or hating it. I say sit back cus its gonna be one interesting off season.
    I really think you're underestimating the difficulty of adding a decent center via free agency or trades.

Comment

• All I can say is I feel a lot better today. We now know that we have a direction with Colangelo. I think with his guidance and his vision being totally on the raps future, I think we have a better chance at doing well at the draft. I'm sure if he wasn't signed he would not be able to pull the trigger on any draft day trades.

I don't mind the 5th pick, I would rather #1 or #2, but I don't see a legit 3rd pick out there. My hope is that Brandon Knight, or Kemba performs well in the workouts and we are able to get one of them. Which shouldn't be to far fetched. Or maybe someone else works their way up the draft board. We have a very capable group leading us.

Comment

• Raptors wrote: View Post
        Whoever came up with those rumours still hasn't gotten over the fact that 420 is long gone.
        That's classic. But you know, it 420 somewhere in the world every hour! (or on the half hour in nfld)
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
          I really think you're underestimating the difficulty of adding a decent center via free agency or trades.
          I know it is difficult to add a good center in the off season or via trade but i do have faith in BC, kanter could be gone by the time we pick (if we stay at 5) and jonas has potential but i think he's just not ready just yet for nba grinding.

Comment

• Would it work on paper if we trade Bargnani + Calderon + TPE for Flynn + 2nd Pick???

Comment

• jk1m wrote: View Post
              Would it work on paper if we trade Bargnani + Calderon + TPE for Flynn + 2nd Pick???
              WTF? How much are you willing to give up? That is a lot of talent to be giving up for not much in return. This would be one of the worst trades in Raptor history.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• trade the pick all the players outside of williams and irving are role players
                ya dun noe

Comment

• There is no way to know this right now

Comment

• jk1m wrote: View Post
                    Would it work on paper if we trade Bargnani + Calderon + TPE for Flynn + 2nd Pick???
                    I'm not sure you understand how the TPE works, so no, it wouldn't "work on paper."

Comment

• Excuse my excitement of wanting to trade away Bargnani for a D-Will or Irving. Plus my buzz might've impaired my thought process. Hahah. If you think about it we can still additionally use our 5th pick on a Kanter/Valanciunas/Walker

Comment

I know it is difficult to add a good center in the off season or via trade but i do have faith in BC, kanter could be gone by the time we pick (if we stay at 5) and jonas has potential but i think he's just not ready just yet for nba grinding.
                        I have faith in BC, but if you're talking a center who doesn't have injury problems, a bad contract, or isn't near retirement, I think you're placing a little too much faith. If you try to name the last three legit centers to be traded, you'll see why. And unfortunately for FA, we just don't have that much room, nor wins, to attract anyone with.

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

Draft Express has us taking Knight.

1) Irving
                          2) Williams
                          3) Walkers
                          4) Jones V
                          5) Knight
                          6) Jan Vesely
                          7) Bismack
                          8) Kanter
                          9) Donatas Motiejunas
                          10) Marcus Morris

I am really hoping we take Bismack.
                          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue May 17, 2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Apologizes. Disregard my previous question...

Comment

If by draft night and we're still picking 5th, i say kemba or brandon if they're still available and try to add a center through the off season, drafting a center even if its jonas or enes, will still take a lil time for them to develop statisticaly. If we do get a pg, i guess jose's time is up in T.O. But then again, with BC back in charge, we all know that he is full of surprises though its usually a 50/50 chance of us loving it or hating it. I say sit back cus its gonna be one interesting off season.
                              Kemba or Knight? Wow, I'm astounded about how much neither excites me. Two incredibly flawed PGs who might very well not be any better than either Calderon or Bayless.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raptors don't need someone who's ready for NBA grinding. They need someone who's going to be ready in 2-3 years.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X