Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daye is a bust, Ross is a bust in the making.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Are you seriously asking me that question?

Daye's a 4 year NBA veteran. Raptors will be his 3rd team in 5 years. There's a reason for that.

Last year he averaged 5ppg on a HORRIBLE Pistons team. A team that needs wing players. 2 2nd round rookies(English and Middleton) got more playing time for the Pistons at the 2-3 guard position last year. What does that tell you about Daye?

I understand that people here are down with Ross. Played horrible in Summer League. Not gonna deny that. But like i always say, it's a fucking Summer League game. You people need to relax about Ross.
      Please take the time to read

Xixak wrote:
      At this point in time Daye is a better player than Ross.
      This is an indisputable fact. Both players are basically limited to jumpshooting and Daye is better at it and has an easier time getting his shot off because he's 6'11.

Any metric you use tells you Daye is the better player right now. Whether Ross improves could change that, but for now that's the fact.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
        Please take the time to read

This is an indisputable fact. Both players are basically limited to jumpshooting and Daye is better at it and has an easier time getting his shot off because he's 6'11.

Any metric you use tells you Daye is the better player right now. Whether Ross improves could change that, but for now that's the fact.
        throwing out %s trying to say daye is better than ross tells me you have never actually seen daye play. he is literally that bad.

but here are some convenient numbers if thats your jive.

he only had 7 games with 10+ points last season.

his best 3pt performance was 1 game with 3 threes. the year before that literally only 9 games with a three, his best being 1 game with 4. from bref.com

itt its dumb to use % in a player that gets literally no play time because he sucks

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
          throwing out %s trying to say daye is better than ross tells me you have never actually seen daye play. he is literally that bad.

but here are some convenient numbers if thats your jive.

he only had 7 games with 10+ points last season.

his best 3pt performance was 1 game with 3 threes. the year before that literally only 9 games with a three, his best being 1 game with 4. from bref.com

itt its dumb to use % in a player that gets literally no play time because he sucks
          Yeah I'm sure you watched all 55 of Daye's games this year with the extremely fun to watch, prime-time TV-esque Pistons and Grizzlies. Gimme a break.

Daye only played 5 less mpg than Ross, and he made 41 threes on 98 attempts in 55 games (42%) which is a significant sample size. He also made 69 on 172 attempts in his sophomore year (40%). Ross only made 65 on 196 attempts this year (33%).

I'm not sure how those random stats you posted are even relevant...

Comment

• And we're not using convenient #s... Daye is better than Ross in almost every single statistic and they play almost the same minutes...

Ross: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../rosste01.html
            Daye: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dayeau01.html

Daye has better:
            - PER
            - TS%
            - eFG%
            - ORB%
            - DRB%
            - TRB%
            - BLK%
            - ORtg
            - DRtg
            - OWS
            - DWS
            - WS
            - WS/48

Per 36 Stats:
            Daye: 13.6ppg, 6.6rpg, 2.2apg, 0.7spg, 1.2bpg, 1.5topg, 43.3% FG, 41.8% 3PT, 76.5% FT
            Ross: 13.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.5apg, 1.2spg, 0.4bpg, 1.5topg, 40.7% FG, 33.2% 3PT, 71.4% FT

Comment

• Some fantastic debates going on guys. Keep it up!

The one comparing Ross and Daye is especially intrigueing.
              I've always looked at Daye as a 'Anthony Randolph' type, where he just needs the right situation to blossom. And for a minimum contract? I'm happy to let Daye try and find that here.

For his size, Daye's handle is ridiculous, his stroke form is near perfect, and he can make some nice passes looking over shorter defenders. There's obviously a reason he's been passed over so many times, but there was a reason why we, and most people, passed on Chauncey Billups as well. I admit I haven't seen enough of him to say he's reached his ceiling, but for someone who's 6'11", and can dribble and shoot the way he can, that should be a pretty damn high ceiling.

It needs to be noted though, that I don't envision any way Austin Daye is played at PF. He's a tall SG/SF.

Comment

• Ross is has been a a disappointment but come on guys he just had 1 season so far..... a little harsh bringing up stats at this moment...

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  I have no problem being considered on the Masai bandwagon. But I'm also critical enough to take a dump on the driver of said bandwagon should he get us stuck in the mud. Thus far I have weighed every transaction the man has made since his arrival and concluded he hasn't made one false move. If that puts me on his bandwagon so be it.
                  I couldn't help but picture a group of people driving around partying when the car breaks down and some guy gets up and takes a shit on the drivers head. It seems really counterproductive but extremely funny lol
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    Ross is has been a a disappointment but come on guys he just had 1 season so far..... a little harsh bringing up stats at this moment...
                    I didn't say Ross can't improve, he can and probably will.

All I'm saying is right now Daye is better lol

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Ross is has been a a disappointment but come on guys he just had 1 season so far..... a little harsh bringing up stats at this moment...
                      That would be fine if our coach was coaching for development but his not. Casey is going to be coaching for W's. That means the better player will get on the court. Ross is suppose to be a shooter but his has proved it in 2 summer league appearances and a whole season. Personally I feel that Daye is more of a threat to Novak and Fields is a threatening to take Ross out of the rotation. If you think about it only one wing is going to gy minutes behind DD and Gay. Where Daye has the advantage to get wing minutes and big minutes.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        That would be fine if our coach was coaching for development but his not. Casey is going to be coaching for W's. That means the better player will get on the court. Ross is suppose to be a shooter but his has proved it in 2 summer league appearances and a whole season. Personally I feel that Daye is more of a threat to Novak and Fields is a threatening to take Ross out of the rotation. If you think about it only one wing is going to gy minutes behind DD and Gay. Where Daye has the advantage to get wing minutes and big minutes.
                        Exactly. If Fields' shot comes back Ross isn't going to play.

And I'd rather have 6'11 Daye on the court hitting 40% of his 3s and creating mismatches than 6'6 Ross hitting 33% of his.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                          And we're not using convenient #s... Daye is better than Ross in almost every single statistic and they play almost the same minutes...

Ross: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../rosste01.html
                          Daye: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dayeau01.html

Daye has better:
                          - PER
                          - TS%
                          - eFG%
                          - ORB%
                          - DRB%
                          - TRB%
                          - BLK%
                          - ORtg
                          - DRtg
                          - OWS
                          - DWS
                          - WS
                          - WS/48

Per 36 Stats:
                          Daye: 13.6ppg, 6.6rpg, 2.2apg, 0.7spg, 1.2bpg, 1.5topg, 43.3% FG, 41.8% 3PT, 76.5% FT
                          Ross: 13.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.5apg, 1.2spg, 0.4bpg, 1.5topg, 40.7% FG, 33.2% 3PT, 71.4% FT
                          because youre using %s and 36per to describe a player who only plays 12mpg. you really want to sell austin daye? austin daye would be a better 3pt shooter than kevin durant, mike miller, lebron james. lmao.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_minute.html

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Some fantastic debates going on guys. Keep it up!

The one comparing Ross and Daye is especially intrigueing.
                            I've always looked at Daye as a 'Anthony Randolph' type, where he just needs the right situation to blossom. And for a minimum contract? I'm happy to let Daye try and find that here.

For his size, Daye's handle is ridiculous, his stroke form is near perfect, and he can make some nice passes looking over shorter defenders. There's obviously a reason he's been passed over so many times, but there was a reason why we, and most people, passed on Chauncey Billups as well. I admit I haven't seen enough of him to say he's reached his ceiling, but for someone who's 6'11", and can dribble and shoot the way he can, that should be a pretty damn high ceiling.

It needs to be noted though, that I don't envision any way Austin Daye is played at PF. He's a tall SG/SF.
                            I disagree, he could get spot minutes against back up front courts. With his length and shooting ability I don't see how he stays off the court. He has to be at least able to out play Novak. Novak is a better shooter but, that's all he brings to the table.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                              because youre using %s and 36per to describe a player who only plays 12mpg. you really want to sell austin daye? austin daye would be a better 3pt shooter than kevin durant, mike miller, lebron james. lmao.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_minute.html
                              Dude just stop.

It's perfectly fair to compare the %s and per 36 numbers of two players who get about the same amount of playing time in similar roles (Daye and Ross).

Of course Durant and LBJ are gonna shoot lower %s from 3, they almost always take contested shots. Mike Miller meanwhile is a career 41% 3PT shooter with over 1400 made threes, ridiculous to compare his resume to Daye's

You're just grasping for straws because you have no real argument for why Daye isn't better than Ross right now. Give me some concrete evidence for why Ross is the better player other than your crappy eye test. You're not an NBA scout.

Comment

• 12mpg is now about the same as 17mpg?

Comment

Working...
                                X