Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i understand the overall issue. my point is when he shoots just 36% he is crucified win or lose. tonight he had an alright game. i will give you jv and maybe ross at the 3, expecially against a team like philly. i think he can guard their wings. but i don't think ed and jv can play together unless ross starts shoot 35+ from 3 consistently.
    But did he have an alright game?

That is where we differ.

He had an alright game for Bargnani. He wasn't active on the glass by any stretch and a few rebounds bounced to him. But that is what we expect from Bargnani.

He didn't take very many forced or ill advised shots. But that is what we expect from Bargnani so when he doesn't it is a pleasant surprise.

21 shots for 22 points is hardly anything to be excited about but, again, that is what we expect from Bargnani.

Bargnani had a ho-hum game. He didn't stand out. He certainly didn't take full advantage of his talent and physical tools with a slower or bigger matchup (depending on who was guarding). But that is what we expect from Bargnani.

Sadly, expectations are likely the issue. So many, myself included, thought the stretch of games he showed as a player is who he should be every night. Sadly that is unrealistic, but that is what we expect from Bargnani due to his skills and talent. Because he is not a guy you can rely on nor is he a guy who can contribute in more ways than one the frustration will be ever present I believe.

#tradeBargnani

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Why do we want a 32 yearold Gasol?

Id rather keep Bargnani.....
      Because he immediately makes the team better and becomes a huge expiring contract next season.

Ideally there would be a third team in the equation and the Raps could get a pick or young prospect (I keep dreaming of Motiejunas).

As for 32 year old Gasol, why do fans want to keep a 31 year old Calderon? There is only a 9 month difference in age.

Comment

• RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR
        I understand the frustration. No one likes to lose. "@VarandK: @RaptorsPR LOL man I feel for you, Jim. Lot's of mad fans."
        @RaptorsPR It is how the Raps are losing & the shift away from all that was accomplished last season. #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorFans
        A new day, a new reminder.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

That is where we differ.

He had an alright game for Bargnani. He wasn't active on the glass by any stretch and a few rebounds bounced to him. But that is what we expect from Bargnani.

He didn't take very many forced or ill advised shots. But that is what we expect from Bargnani so when he doesn't it is a pleasant surprise.

21 shots for 22 points is hardly anything to be excited about but, again, that is what we expect from Bargnani.

Bargnani had a ho-hum game. He didn't stand out. He certainly didn't take full advantage of his talent and physical tools with a slower or bigger matchup (depending on who was guarding). But that is what we expect from Bargnani.

Sadly, expectations are likely the issue. So many, myself included, thought the stretch of games he showed as a player is who he should be every night. Sadly that is unrealistic, but that is what we expect from Bargnani due to his skills and talent. Because he is not a guy you can rely on nor is he a guy who can contribute in more ways than one the frustration will be ever present I believe.

#tradeBargnani
          i would say that 45% for a jump shooter isn't a bad shooting game. looking at his shot chart, he did mix it up pretty well. would still like it to be either a 3 pt shot or within 10 feet of the basket.

my only issue with bargs right now is how when he is having a particularly ineffective game that klieza isn't thrown in. we have another stretch 4. i would even go so far as starting klieza and see if he can have a hot night and then give him another one and make andrea earn it away.

i don't want to trade bargs but i think it will be better for him and us. whatever happens the guy is 27 and worrying about his psyche is stupid.

Comment

That is where we differ.

#tradeBargnani
            Absolutely they are.

This organization expects Bargnani to be a significant core player leading to a successful team.

Fans expect Bargnani to shoot inefficiently, defend poorly and hardly rebound - so when he shoots an average to poor efficiency and gets 7 whole rebounds (in 40 minutes no less). Thats 'alright'.

Team has too high of expectations placed on him - fans too low.

Comment

• Bargs had 184 point on the season so far.

On 180 shots.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
                Absolutely they are.

This organization expects Bargnani to be a significant core player leading to a successful team.

Fans expect Bargnani to shoot inefficiently, defend poorly and hardly rebound - so when he shoots an average to poor efficiency and gets 7 whole rebounds (in 40 minutes no less). Thats 'alright'.

Team has too high of expectations placed on him - fans too low.
                Craiger, was that you who made that comment yesterday about expectations being unrealistic? Somebody said it, it is definitely not an original thought on my part.

Comment

• add some of these

#FreeJV #PlayTRoss #Teachcoachcaseyhowtosubinbetterplayers #Nickyoungisfuckingannoying #ifyoudon'tfixupyourrotationsyou'regoingtogetfucki ngfired
                  #TradeBargnani #Don'tplay2pointguardsinthefourthquarterunlessyouw anttogetbuttraped #AndrewBynumisadumbass #Whycan'twewinafuckinggame?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    add some of these

#FreeJV #PlayTRoss #Teachcoachcaseyhowtosubinbetterplayers #Nickyoungisfuckingannoying #ifyoudon'tfixupyourrotationsyou'regoingtogetfucki ngfired
                    #TradeBargnani #Don'tplay2pointguardsinthefourthquarterunlessyouw anttogetbuttraped #AndrewBynumisadumbass #Whycan'twewinafuckinggame?
                    jeesh...

#Rapsfansareoverreacting

#internetlingolikehashtagsmakesmefeeloldbuttruthbe toldidosocialmediamarketingforworksoishouldnotcomp lainevenifjustmakingajoke

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      jeesh...

#Rapsfansareoverreacting

#internetlingolikehashtagsmakesmefeeloldbuttruthbe toldidosocialmediamarketingforworksoishouldnotcomp lainevenifjustmakingajoke
                      hahahahahahaha this actually made me laugh. out loud.

Comment

Gasol to Toronto can work and there might actually be some scenarios to make it happen without including Calderon:

1) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7lpjrha

Lakers: Bargnani, Kleiza
                        Toronto: Gasol

2) After December 15th, anyone can be traded who signed as free agent.

Lakers: Bargnani, Fields
                        Toronto: Gasol

D'Antoni reunion with Fields, Fields g/f would certainly enjoy LA for her career.

3) After December 15th, any combination of Raptor players that total a minimum of $14M in salary going out.

4) Numerous 3 team deals out there with main pieces Bargnani to LA and Gasol to Toronto.

Gasol would certainly be a better fit on this team. It would give the team a low post scorer that has quite possibly never been here, another shot blocker, and play maker off the block.

Keeping Calderon retains his Bird Rights and playing with a great friend and countryman could be appealing. Keeping Calderon as a backup on a $5M contract would be great.

Raps would have full MLE to pursue a wing such as Dorrell Wright.

Gasol is an expiring $19.3M contract in 2013-14.

I do think #1 or #2 makes Toronto a playoff team.

ADD: from a LAL perspective they also save $4.25 for every dollar shed in salary. So losing $5M saves them nearly $21.5M ($16.5M in luxury tax and $5M salary prorated).
                        Nah. Got to give Kupchak more credit than that.

Its fairly obvious that with the Laker's collective age and susceptibility to injuries, they need a PG who can slow the pace and play half court set. They need a PG who will not dominate the ball, and yet be able to hold the ball long enough to set plays or find the open man. A PG who can sustain the pick and roll when Nash is on the bench (cough, Amir). A PG who can bring down the ball, find Kobe and let him do his thing, much like with Bargnani and Bosh.

I just saw Calderon raise his hand up in the corner.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          hahahahahahaha this actually made me laugh. out loud.
                          I get typing "lol". What irks me (or makes me feel old) is when I'm out shopping with my wife and we're walking behind some 14 year old girls, and I hear them use "lol" as a verb, as in "so like he totally called me and I just lolled". What is happening to the English language?!?!?!

Comment

• Could we trade Bargnani and Kleiza for Gasol and Sacre (Sacre is a huge gamble but better if we get something in return with Gasol) ?

Comment

• Bargnani's play vs philly was disgusting.

Its like he just gave up at the half. Absolutely no effort. Such Lazy ball handling.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                I get typing "lol". What irks me (or makes me feel old) is when I'm out shopping with my wife and we're walking behind some 14 year old girls, and I hear them use "lol" as a verb, as in "so like he totally called me and I just lolled". What is happening to the English language?!?!?!
                                anybody who uses lol in public needs to be bitch slapped. Thats only something you use on the web or texting lol

Comment

Working...
                                X