No announcement yet.

Everything Wince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is because I was an NBA fan before Toronto got a team, but I became a fan from day one as the Raptors became a home town team to cheer for. Vince Carter did not make me a fan, and they truly unprofessional way that he forced his way makes me to never want to have him on the team again. He was a flash in the pan for Toronto, nice highlights, some big scoring years, and a couple seasons of hope.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

We already had a thread on this same topic quite a while ago.
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

It would also look pretty good on the organization. A player of Carter's importance choosing (because it will be his choice) to go back to the team where he made a name for himself. It would really send the message that he left because of the management at the time, not because of the city, the team, the fans, or anything else. I think he'd be making a pretty classy move coming back.

I guess the real question is if we want/need/can use his skills and services.

Comment

big red wrote: View Post
          It would also look pretty good on the organization. A player of Carter's importance choosing (because it will be his choice) to go back to the team where he made a name for himself. It would really send the message that he left because of the management at the time, not because of the city, the team, the fans, or anything else. I think he'd be making a pretty classy move coming back.

I guess the real question is if we want/need/can use his skills and services.
          vets min... sure. why not. Maybe we can retire his jersey after. also i think he would be good as a back up for derozan.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            Maybe it is because I was an NBA fan before Toronto got a team, but I became a fan from day one as the Raptors became a home town team to cheer for. Vince Carter did not make me a fan, and they truly unprofessional way that he forced his way makes me to never want to have him on the team again. He was a flash in the pan for Toronto, nice highlights, some big scoring years, and a couple seasons of hope.

Thanks, but no thanks.
            Its been years. let go of the ill will towards carter. im sure if you were in his shoes you would have left too. our front office was straight garbage at the time and thats great that you where a fan from day one not everyone else was but VC put Toronto on the map.

I don't know about you guys but I wasn't holding my grudge so much against Vince as I was against Babcock for the garbage deal we got for him... Everytime I see Vince now all I think is Eric Williams and Alvin dislocating 3 fingers...

Babcock was more responsible for screwing this team up in that trade than Vince leaving
            Last edited by bounty; Mon Jun 25, 2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

bounty wrote: View Post
              http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...-vince-carter/

I hope he comes back. He should end his career here. And to be real, I'm over it. It happened how ever long ago, yes what he did was soft as **** but he is the best player to ever player here and the reason a lot of people got into this team.
              "
              Vince Carter did not make me a fan, and they truly unprofessional way that he forced his way makes me to never want to have him on the team again. He was a flash in the pan for Toronto, nice highlights, some big scoring years, and a couple seasons of hope.

Thanks, but no thanks."

not soft how he left, the words are unprofessional, disloyal, dishonorable.

"hey, definitely, we’ll hear what they have to say."
              fuck you vince

Comment

I made a whole Thread about this very Interview a while back.
                Was pretty clear what the majority of people thought about that idea. Haha

The wound is still too fresh for many people.

Comment

He comes back and I stop watching the raptors. It'd be like getting back together with an abusive ex.

Comment

It'll never happen. Not after how he acted on the way out and it's not like there is a short supply of better wings.

Edit: Threads merged.

Comment

• I wouldn't have a problem with it at the veteran's minimum to round out the roster (in a Rasual Butler-type, end-of-bench role). I wouldn't expect him to be a major contributor on the court, but it sounds like he's learned his lesson from the past, and might be able to help some of the youngsters learn from his mistakes (in terms of professionalism).

But I wouldn't honour him in any way, and I certainly don't think he deserves his jersey retired.

Comment

• I don't think there's a chance in hell BC signs Vince. Realistically he would be second or third string on a vet. min. contract, and there is no point in risking team chemistry and fan support on a guy in that role.

Think about it; they were willing to bench JJ for two games for perceived attitude/chemistry issues. Even if BC made the move, Casey would probably never even let him touch the floor.

Comment

• He's still better than DeRozan, and more suited at SG than Bayless.

http://bit.ly/J6fDzG
                          Maybe we can hire him just so that he can say to kids "Leaving Toronto was the worst decision of my life, and I know Tracy and Damon feel the same way, if we weren't all such punks, we may have built something in Toronto, I'm back now to pay amends and take DeMar under my wing"

Now that Bosh has a ring, maybe this would be useful.

Comment

• I am tired of ranting about Wince so I decided to have someone else do it for me this go around...

http://www.lionsdenu.com/legendary-r...nd-basketball/

Comment

• In the history of the Toronto Raptors, there is only 1 player that comes remotely close to deserving the honor of getting their jersey retired, and that guy is Vince Carter. This is a testament to what he did for this franchise both from personal accolades and the team successes, but I suppose it also speaks to amount of just horrible teams we've had over the past nearly 2 decades.

That's not to say he'd didn't also do some very stupid things towards the end of his time as Raptor, nor am I saying 100% his jersey should be retired. All I'm saying is if there is a player out there who is closest to deserving it, it's him.

I would bring him back, but I don't really know how people would react. It would most likely get ugly. I think there are people who still feel tremendous hate towards him and I don't think it's unjustified. Personally I'm over it but I don't blame people who aren't. What he did towards the end was an act of treason. There is nothing worse than that. But at the same time for me there's a bit of recognition that these guys are very immature for their age and face pressures that we can't even begin to comprehend. Also, people make stupid mistakes.

I'd take him over DeRozan.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• The guy who air balled a wide open finger roll? If you would take his old man over Demar you must be on bath salts or something. Demar isn't a douche and he still has tons of time to improve unlike wince farter

Comment

Working...
                                X