Trade up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade up

Really when it comes down to it, there are too many bad teams in the Raptors range in the standings. I would say the Raps are better than all of those teams, we'll find out when we play Detroit tomorrow.

I figure that the raptors need to play hard and if they win, who cares. We aren't getting the #1 spot anyway. the plan needs to be to trade up and get whoever Colangelo feels is best for the team. That might mean giving up a pick or two and a player, but really we have very little chance of getting in the top 3. Might as well win now and then trade to get where we want. As nice as it would be to win the lottery, I just don't think it's in the cards this year.

There's no way I'm trading away extra picks or decent player to acquire anything but the #1 overall. The difference in talent between the 2nd and say 7th selections isn't all that much IMO. Just take the BPA when we select and go from there.

Comment

i think BC's way of thanking Casey for changing the culture on a sad sack team and giving fans something to root for is going out and getting him MKG/Beal by any means necessary
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If you're the Raptors and you get the 4th-5th-6th pick (assuming Davis, Robinson, and Drummond have been selected), who do you go with to fill the void on the wing?

They could inevitably go with either MKG, Barnes, Lamb, or Beal, but I feel Beal is the player they Raps should go with. But honestly, I don't think you could really go wrong with any of them... except maybe Lamb since a lot of scouts question his desire but i think that might of been because of the problems they were having at Uconn.

Also, what do you think the Raptors should do with their Point Guard situation?

Should they keep Calderon? Re sign Bayless? Goran Dragic? or maybe somehow trade a few assets and second round picks to move up and grab Teague?
        Last edited by bounty; Sat Apr 21, 2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I can see the appeal of moving up to #2 for MKG. But I also find it a tough sell to trade up for this draft. I think we're going to see some talent that wasn't picked in the top 4 picks. Let's just try our luck and trade AJ/ED for some young (not 2012 draft young) talent.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

I doubt the Raps will trade up, because I think they'd be satisfied with Barnes, who could slip to 6th or lower. I expect the Raps to finish 6th worse, meaning they would pick no worse than 9th. I'm willing to bet the Raps will ultimately get one of the 3 wings (MKG, Beal or Barnes), but that's just a hunch. There are enough other wings in the 2nd tier of wings that I doubt BC would trade up, unless it's only a spot or two (he could use one/both 2nd round picks to do this).

Comment

@ OP

Oh ye of little faith (this coming from a tanker)...why couldn't the Raptors get the #1...I'd be satisfied with top 3...did not Cleveland score the #1 with their 8th spot (Clippers pick) last draft? It is a long shot but it can happen. That is why I just want the odds to increase...nothing else. They are the best of the worst 8 at least...no need to prove it anymore as far as I am concerned. Come on DC its only 3 games more.

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like the Raptors are the ONLY ones in the lottery trying NOT to tank?

Couple weeks ago we were in a good position to be bottom three. Even Portland is trying to tank for position but the Raps seem to be winning games against good teams.

Baffoons!

Pride or idiocy?... A lot of both me thinks~
                Last edited by raptors2012; Sun Apr 22, 2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Not to worry. Karma will award Raps the #1 pick.

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...r_Tyreke_Evans

Tyreke Evans is officially on the trading block! If the Kings finish with a higher lottery pick than the Raptors, maybe we could work out a deal to get Evans and swap picks what them. I think Evans has higher upside than Derozan. He just needs to have a chance to be a clear shooting guard on a team. Due to the logjam of guards in Sacremento, (Isaiah Thomas, Jimmer, Thornton) Keith Smart has tried playing Evans at the 3 and it hasn't worked.

What do you guys think?? DD for Evans and swap picks if it comes down to that??

Comment

the kings don't have a legit 3 so i would think they would want a good SF back for Evans

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i think BC's way of thanking Casey for changing the culture on a sad sack team and giving fans something to root for is going out and getting him MKG/Beal by any means necessary
                        What's he need to thabk Casey for? He hired him.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

You make it sound so simple:Trade up.
                          Well, what do we give up to move a couple spots in a draft where there is no consensus beyond the number 1 pick.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                            Not to worry. Karma will award Raps the #1 pick.
                            +1

I played the ESPN Draft Machine once this year. Raps landed #1 pick. Won't play it again!

Comment

Was just looking at standings. A win today would be disastrous.

Comment

Working...
                              X