Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/29...tery-questions

Holding onto the pick may not pay dividends immediately, but I prefer to assemble talent over experience. My thinking is that in due time, our talent will eventually earn the experience. We just need to be patient.
    This article is a waste of pixels and ink, in my opinion.

And if they really were going to use it, wouldn’t you think they would be conducting workouts already as is the case with the New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets, just to name a couple?
    I thought journalism was suppose to provide insight in to facts? This is just idle speculation. We all do that around here - but without the pay cheque.

Boo to Ganter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I thought journalism was suppose to provide insight in to facts? This is just idle speculation. We all do that around here - but without the pay cheque.
      I'm pretty confident you've read (seen/heard) enough by journalists who need to get earns their paycheque somehow and need to come up with something, anything, to not believe you really mean it when you say "I thought journalism was suppose to provide insight in to facts?" ...

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        I'm pretty confident you've read (seen/heard) enough by journalists who need to get earns their paycheque somehow and need to come up with something, anything, to not believe you really mean it when you say "I thought journalism was suppose to provide insight in to facts?" ...
        Very true.

A lot of journalism is marshmallow like puff but this piece, in my opinion, made marshmallow look like a sturdy building material.

*EDIT*

I forgot to mention, BC has been traveling looking at prospective draft picks workout.
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed May 30, 2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• BS article. Toronto Sun posts anything actually a lot of newspapers do that. We won't trade the pick unless we get Rudy Gay or someone really good

Comment

• I'll be pretty disappointed if they trade the pick. Really disappointed.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I'll be pretty disappointed if they trade the pick. Really disappointed.
              I wouldn't make a blanket statement like that...it would depend on what we got really. To say that outright is a mistake...you never know what teams are willing to cough up in order to start rebuilding through the draft
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• The man sees Ed Davis as part of our core...how is that? That voids the article on its own.

For the right player Batum, Iggy, Gay, etc., of course you trade the pick. Personally I think with Portland having 2 top 10 picks someone will drop, so it's best to see who that person is before a trade.
                Last edited by blackjitsu; Thu May 31, 2012, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Trade up to no. 2?

As per RaptorsHQ:

There is also the possibility that the Bobcats' pick at number two may be in play. Without being able to add a franchise player like Anthony Davis, the Bobcats are now in need of multiple talented pieces which could mean swapping that pick for multiple picks, or some combination of picks and players which, one would think would have to make the Raptors a possible player in that scenario.
                  http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/5/31/3...for-rebuilding

I wonder how realistic a scenario this is. And if Charlotte is willing to swap picks, who would it take to do so (Calderon, Bargnani, Davis, DeRozan)?

Comment

• oof i'd offer anyone and everyone for it, not exaggerating.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Having said that...

“I’ve seen some people speculate that we may move the pick,” Colangelo said. “Obviously, if there is a transaction that warrants moving the pick, we will consider that. But we are not actively shopping it. We actually like this selection at eight.”
                      http://www.barrysbaythisweek.com/Art...aspx?e=3573904

That's what I like to hear.

Comment

• i think had we moved down BC would have thrown his hands in the air and traded it. the fact is, the team has a zillion (hyperbole alert!) holes and needs more than a shot of talent. i realize Casey wants vets and BC wants to win now but this isn't the year to go all in imho. Next year.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

As per RaptorsHQ:

http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/5/31/3...for-rebuilding

I wonder how realistic a scenario this is. And if Charlotte is willing to swap picks, who would it take to do so (Calderon, Bargnani, Davis, DeRozan)?
                          I always thought Davis made sense in Charlotte due to the UNC connection. I'd trade our #8 pick and Davis for a guy like Beals, MKG or T-Rob. But would Charlotte, especially after the year they just had?

Comment

Having said that...

http://www.barrysbaythisweek.com/Art...aspx?e=3573904

That's what I like to hear.

Thanks for this.. it just made my day :-)

Hibbert wasn't even our pick and yet years later people still question that trade for O'Neil. If we gave up our 8th pick for some vet (even a guy like Gay) I'm sure that transaction would be ripped apart years from now when the draft pick becomes a perennial all-star.

Comment

• Gay is the only player i can talk myself into being interested in trading the pick for. Even then, i'd want to flip picks.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Gay is the only player i can talk myself into being interested in trading the pick for. Even then, i'd want to flip picks.
                                I agree both on Gay, and needing a 1st rounder back.

Having Gay as well as Tony Wroten Jr. would be highway robbery

Comment

Working...
                                X