Bosh Continues to Sound "Down in the Dumps"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Continues to Sound "Down in the Dumps"

I know people keep saying that Bosh won't just walk away from the money to play elsewhere, but apart of me is starting to think that he's getting tired and fed-up with his team that he'd do about anything to get somewhere else. Not implying that he hasn't had his own issues with this team's regression, but for the most part he's been the only consistent player we've had since day 1 this season.

Last week he was very candid after the Atlanta blowout and now he goes on to say this after losing to the Heat last night:

"Everybody outscores us in the paint," Chris Bosh said. "What makes it disappointing is we have been talking about it for so long and we don't do a very good job at that.

"We're going to have to take the attitude it is not going to happen anymore, and until that happens, we will be a so-so team."
    How much more of this can Bosh take?

Source - Click here

About as much as Roy Halladay could.
    RR OG

Comment

I have resigned myself at this point that Bosh is gone. It is time for BC to send his feelers out for any takers in a trade to a team that would see him as a key to their own future (OKC) or a sign and trade with a team with lots of capspace (Nets, NYK etc.)

We just aren't a good team. It is too bad, but that is the story, in spite of all the 'talent' on this roster.

Comment

Blaaaaaaaaah. Not encouraging. I'd be upset, too. The inconsistency is maddening - we've seen them do the right things, but it never lasts.

Comment

james ballswin (realizar) wrote: View Post
          about as much as roy halladay could.
          lol!
          http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Bosh is sounding defeated far too often.
            He's expecting to lose to decent teams.
            And it shows in his play.
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
              Bosh is sounding defeated far too often.
              He's expecting to lose to decent teams.
              And it shows in his play.
              You can't be serious??????

Comment

This is getting to be a fairly serious situation...we have a gm who I believe is in the last year of his contract going to have to make what is arguably the most important decision affecting the franchise for about the next decade (the signing or trading of Bosh). So far his record has been spotty to say the least. No different from how the VC matter impacted on the Raptors.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I know people keep saying that Bosh won't just walk away from the money to play elsewhere, but apart of me is starting to think that he's getting tired and fed-up with his team that he'd do about anything to get somewhere else. Not implying that he hasn't had his own issues with this team's regression, but for the most part he's been the only consistent player we've had since day 1 this season.

Last week he was very candid after the Atlanta blowout and now he goes on to say this after losing to the Heat last night:

How much more of this can Bosh take?

Source - Click here
                  I don't think the situation is dire yet. I still think that they will turn it around. They probably won't skyrocket up the standings but I feel they will be in line for that 7th or 8th seed.

What I really wish is that Colangelo went out and landed an experience, established coach in the off-season. I think I understand why he didn't but I don't agree with it. An excellent coach would have them playing harder right now.

Comment

Bosh has made it clear that he loves the city of Toronto and the people here, but that will only go so far if he's hungry for a championship. All great players have a desire to win and won't last in a sub-par situation for long. He can love the city, people, his teammates, the coach, the organization all he wants, but the lack of winning WILL eat at him until the team either gets better, or he decides to leave. We can't take another VC type of trade just to make a player happy about where he is going to and get left with nothing to show for it. I'd love to keep Bosh as he is the face of our franchise, but ultimately he will make the decision to leave because we aren't a winning team and that will be the deciding factor in his decision. We need to trade him BEFORE he walks out on us and we have nobody to replace him with.

Comment

It isn't at all surprising that he is posting career numbers during the last year of his contract. He obviously wants to win, but seeing as he's not on a team that will win, he's boosting his individual statistics to make him much more attractive to teams that are in a better position to win a championship. Most people realize by now that he is not a player that makes all of his teammates better. He's a better player when he has another star on the team to feed off of. I think his mind is made up, it's just too big of a distraction for him to say anything during the season other than "we'll have to see how the season plays out". Trade him now BC! *sheds single tear*

Comment

JibbaJabba34 wrote: View Post
                        It isn't at all surprising that he is posting career numbers during the last year of his contract. He obviously wants to win, but seeing as he's not on a team that will win, he's boosting his individual statistics to make him much more attractive to teams that are in a better position to win a championship. Most people realize by now that he is not a player that makes all of his teammates better. He's a better player when he has another star on the team to feed off of. I think his mind is made up, it's just too big of a distraction for him to say anything during the season other than "we'll have to see how the season plays out". Trade him now BC! *sheds single tear*
                        I disagree... I'm pretty sure he's already established as an elite PF and doesn't need to boost his stats anymore. Furthermore, his rebounding numbers have been down over the past couple of weeks and he's not scoring in the high 20s so I'd disagree that he has adopted some sort of personal agenda to boost his status. These kinds of speculation are baseless in my opinion because you can never really know the mentality of these players.

Last year it was the same deal where people were saying Bosh has given up on his team beause Mitchell was fired- then it turned out he was actually in the middle of a custody battle over his daughter... we're better off focusing on the problems with this team, and those start at Triano, followed by your starting 5.

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
                          I disagree... I'm pretty sure he's already established as an elite PF and doesn't need to boost his stats anymore. Furthermore, his rebounding numbers have been down over the past couple of weeks and he's not scoring in the high 20s so I'd disagree that he has adopted some sort of personal agenda to boost his status. These kinds of speculation are baseless in my opinion because you can never really know the mentality of these players.

Last year it was the same deal where people were saying Bosh has given up on his team beause Mitchell was fired- then it turned out he was actually in the middle of a custody battle over his daughter... we're better off focusing on the problems with this team, and those start at Triano, followed by your starting 5.
                          Abstract, good points, but even with his stats being what they have been over his career, there are still many GMs and coaches that don't feel that they can build a team around Bosh on his own. He isn't known as a player that makes his teammates better and he hasn't been consistent until this year. That's my opinion, even if you call it baseless speculation on him.

The knock on him is that he's been soft, a jump shooting PF that shies away from physical contact and plays his best games against lesser opponents. He's definitely changed his game this year to more of a back to the basket player that plays physical ball and gets to the free throw line. He is taking far fewer jump shots and is making decisions quicker when he gets the ball in the post as opposed to taking forever and waiting for the double team to come like he's done for years. The fact that he was committed to getting stronger and adding 20lbs of muscle over the offseason shows that he is serious about playing stronger. This is making him a much more attractive player to other teams, whether that is his intention or not.

Yes, there are many problems with this team and I'm not suggesting that they are Bosh's fault, just that the problems that exist are not helping to keep Bosh around after this year.

I fully agree that nobody knows what he is thinking and what Bosh may be going through, like the custody battle that was a big issue for him last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X