Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately keeping everyone is just too expensive, and no one will take on Carroll without getting something back. Hard to say where that leads us, but thankfully - between players on rookie contracts, 2-way contracts with the D-league, etc - we have good balance to weather the storm.

Will we have to dump JV? I guess that's one of the big questions. I don't think it's a must.

Can we re-sign both Patterson and PJ? I don't think so.
    I feel like Brooklyn would take Carroll and consider him an asset. He'd become their 2nd or 3rd best player (lol) on a team with oodles of cap space and no real reason to tank
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I feel like Brooklyn would take Carroll and consider him an asset. He'd become their 2nd or 3rd best player (lol) on a team with oodles of cap space and no real reason to tank
      If they're going to take on dead weight (let's be honest), they're going to want picks.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        If they're going to take on dead weight (let's be honest), they're going to want picks.
        Sure, have a 2nd. He's not dead weight if he's your 3rd best player. Say he comes there, plays well, now they can flip when he's an expiring for real assets. Low risk with reward. They simply have to play that game to try and crawl out of this somehow. They will have a sign up "now hiring: NBA PLAYERS"

Comment

I have a feeling that 2Pat and Carroll will be on other teams next year. Carroll will be traded but not as a full salary dump. We'll get a bit player back but save some $$$ while doing it. 2Pat leaves in free agency as we woo Tucker and Serge (Lowry's a given).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            I have a feeling that 2Pat and Carroll will be on other teams next year. Carroll will be traded but not as a full salary dump. We'll get a bit player back but save some $$$ while doing it. 2Pat leaves in free agency as we woo Tucker and Serge (Lowry's a given).
            I think this sounds close to accurate, also Cojo gone for no returning salary. Wright has proven with another year under his belt he can handle backup duties. I'd like to bring back Van Vleet as a #3

Comment

I think Carroll and Cojo are gone. If they can't find a taker for Carroll than I think JV is gone. Maybe all 3 actually.

If raps take Cavs to 7 than I think 2pat, PJ, Lowry and Ibaka are all back.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                Thought I'd bump this thread as the discussion regarding the offseason is heating up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thx

Comment

If the Clips blow it up, I'd be happy to flip JV and DMC + rookies for DJ. Wishful thinking.

Comment

According to ESPN, the Kings may be in talks with former 76ers GM Sam Hinkie.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      According to ESPN, the Kings may be in talks with former 76ers GM Sam Hinkie.
                      The Process returns!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                        If the Clips blow it up, I'd be happy to flip JV and DMC + rookies for DJ. Wishful thinking.
                        For a guy we can't play in the 4th because he's atrocious at FTs? That's a bit much, no?

Comment

Ball wrote: View Post
                          For a guy we can't play in the 4th because he's atrocious at FTs? That's a bit much, no?
                          More worried about his contract tbh. Nobody is perfect/good talent is hard to come by. He does most everything we need at a high level. I can live with 50% FT for that and go small with Ibaka as needed.

Comment

Best case scenario
                            JV, Carroll and Cojo all have VERY good P.O series and we take Cavs to the ECF game 7 minimum

Then we trade JV + Cojo + 2nd and lottery protected first for Cousins who starts killing it here
                            Trade Carroll (who had a great P.O.) + Bebe to a team for very little salary without giving a pick
                            Sign Lowry for what Demar got but for 4 years instead of 5 (111m/4y)
                            Sign Ibaka and tucker for 32m combined
                            take a gamble on someone like Tyreke Evans
                            Draft a big 3/small 4 with our pick
                            Sign thatwhite kid on 905 the three point shooter (heild is think)

2017-18 season starts

Lowry/Wright/VanVleet
                            DeRozan/Powell/White guys from 905
                            Tucker/Evans/Bruno
                            Ibaka/Pascal/Pick
                            Cousins/Jakob
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                              Best case scenario
                              JV, Carroll and Cojo all have VERY good P.O series and we take Cavs to the ECF game 7 minimum

Then we trade JV + Cojo + 2nd and lottery protected first for Cousins who starts killing it here
                              Trade Carroll (who had a great P.O.) + Bebe to a team for very little salary without giving a pick
                              Sign Lowry for what Demar got but for 4 years instead of 5 (111m/4y)
                              Sign Ibaka and tucker for 32m combined
                              take a gamble on someone like Tyreke Evans
                              Draft a big 3/small 4 with our pick
                              Sign thatwhite kid on 905 the three point shooter (heild is think)

2017-18 season starts

Lowry/Wright/VanVleet
                              DeRozan/Powell/White guys from 905
                              Tucker/Evans/Bruno
                              Ibaka/Pascal/Pick
                              Cousins/Jakob
                              This all presupposes that Cavs are first, or the Raps stay in 4th. Right now neither look likely

Comment

Lol. White guys from 905. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X