No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBAdraft.net had Ennis drop to 21st on their latest mock draft. If he really falls down to 20, should the Raps draft him??? I really want a young Canadian prospect on our team. Maybe he could take Nando or Buycks or Stones place???

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
      NBAdraft.net had Ennis drop to 21st on their latest mock draft. If he really falls down to 20, should the Raps draft him??? I really want a young Canadian prospect on our team. Maybe he could take Nando or Buycks or Stones place???

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft
      Do you think we could slide GV to SG, and have Ennis as our backup PG?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Stokes is expected to be available when the Raptors go on the clock and he seems to be someone that can help them defensively. Stokes is a name to watch as we near the draft as he’s not going to light anyone on fire but he seems to be the type of developmental prospect who can turn into a solid rotational player.

That’s not to say Stokes can’t be a star, but the Raptors need big bodies to help their defensive schemes and while they had a great season this year, they seem to be just a few pieces away from being even better.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/16/rapto...arnell-stokes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Do you think we could slide GV to SG, and have Ennis as our backup PG?
          I'd imagine they elect to pass on GV if they draft Ennis.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Stokes is expected to be available when the Raptors go on the clock and he seems to be someone that can help them defensively. Stokes is a name to watch as we near the draft as he’s not going to light anyone on fire but he seems to be the type of developmental prospect who can turn into a solid rotational player.

That’s not to say Stokes can’t be a star, but the Raptors need big bodies to help their defensive schemes and while they had a great season this year, they seem to be just a few pieces away from being even better.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/16/rapto...arnell-stokes/

At 37, sure. At 20, no.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Marcus Smart did very well at the combine, measuring in at 6′ 3.25 and 227 lbs with a 6′ 9.25 wingspan. Smart looked more like a linebacker than a point guard, to the point that it didn’t seem like he belonged in the point guard group alongside all of his skinny peers. He also did well in the athletic drills, with his 36’ max vertical and an incredible 19 bench press reps. That was tied for third-most reps of any player in attendance at the combine (only big men Patric Young and Jarnell Stokes did more) and one of the best ever bench-press performances for a point guard. It’s easy to see why teams are intrigued by Smart, with his enormous frame, potential to cause matchup problems and impressive athleticism. Smart also has an excellent work ethic. To get an idea of how much he loves the game and how hard he works, consider that he left the hotel on Thursday night to get in a late-night workout at DePaul University.
              Tyler Ennis made headlines when he said that he feels he’s the best point-guard prospect in the 2014 draft class, ahead of Dante Exum and Marcus Smart among others.

“Definitely,” Ennis said without hesitation when asked if he’s the best point guard in the class. “ I think I have the ability to lead a team, I think I have the ability to make others better and I think I’m able to put those together into a true point guard, who is also able to score when my team needs me. There are a lot of guys who can really score the ball, maybe some who can score better than me, but none that can put together the whole package as a point guard better than I can in this draft.”

Ennis said that his best NBA comparison is Tony Parker and that he grew up modeling his game after Jason Kidd. Ennis said he’s looking forward to proving he’s a top prospect and told the media that he’s going to “take names” just as he has done throughout his entire life.
              http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...bine-notebook/

Comment

• Exum would appear to be the most intriguing of the “others.” He has the skills and size that is leading teams to believe he could become special, perhaps enough to challenge Parker, Embiid and Wiggins for a place among the top three.

If the Celtics land on such higher ground, they would have to think long and hard. It’s most important they correctly predict who might be magnetic.

“Agreed,” Ainge said. “I mean, that’s a big part of development. It’s hard to predict. It’s really hard to predict who’s going to get better. That’s why there’s such an emphasis on size and body type and how smart they are, how hard they work.

“That’s why we do all this work in trying to predict who are going to be the guys who succeed.”
                http://bostonherald.com/sports/celti...o_help_celtics

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  At 37, sure. At 20, no.
                  Either way Raps need to get tougher. I don't know what happened for Tyler to get in the dog house but the fact we got out rebounded by BK at all in the postseason is sad.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Took a closer look at Noah vonlah and in order for him to be good he needs a lot more strength he has the body to put it on but he is a project IMO not worth the 20th pick or a upgrade from pat or Amir.

Comment

• Point guards are the strength of this draft then wings I don't see any great bigs

Comment

• Mitch mcgary is probably the only big at our picks I would look at

Comment

• I am tell u guys kyle Anderson or early

Comment

• If we want a Canadian trade for Andrew Nickeloson

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Took a closer look at Noah vonlah and in order for him to be good he needs a lot more strength he has the body to put it on but he is a project IMO not worth the 20th pick or a upgrade from pat or Amir.

No way vonleh makes it out of the top ten.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                No way vonleh makes it out of the top ten.
                                Lol, I thought he' almost guaranteed top 5.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X