Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    The joys of auto-correct.

A few weeks back a lot of posters thought FVV should only be playing garbage time. So last night, he plays only 16 minutes and gets removed with 6 1/2 minutes left because he's now too good and valuable to be playing garbage time.
    He's playing well, no doubt about that. But to have him closing in close games is still ridiculous.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post
      I am sure Freddy goes on lots of dates and fat Lowry is not back so doesn't need corset.
      Thanks guys. Auto correct should be called "auto mistake."

Comment

Yeah, he's been great. He has the same limitations as always, and benefits as much as usual playing almost exclusively against bench players, but his effort and energy has been a welcome addition to the closing units he's appeared in, enough to make up for his shortcomings, so far at least, and for the most part.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Great to see him hitting his 3s. We need all the perimeter shooting we can get.

Comment

What did i say? give him consistent playing time and he's going to shine.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              What did i say? give him consistent playing time and he's going to shine.
              He’s still not better than delon.

Comment

Other than the Indy game and maybe against NOP, he's been pretty 'meh'. I'm real happy for Fred, but he's still a borderline 2nd-to-3rd string PG, by NBA standards. Easiest commodity to find in the NBA.

At his height, he should be a way above average 3-pt shooter to make up for his limitations - that would really help the team and would sway me big time. Love his workmanlike attitude and intangibles.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  Exactly. But as I've said many times he's still a good player and I'm happy he's playing well while Delon is out. But even though he can shoot it better he's still not better than Delon as an overall player
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Yes he is.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Yes he is.
                      Delon is an infinitely better defender because of his size and length. He’s a better finisher in the paint because of his length and size. He’s a far better ball handler and can handle pressure more effectively. He is a better laser because he can see over the defence and has a better feel for the game. The only thing that Fred is marginally better at is shooting, but Fred isn’t a good enough shooter to make a big enough difference so it doesn’t matter.

Don’t get me wrong, Fred is a guy who gives you big time effort in every minute he plays and I love that but effort doesn’t make up for lack of talent, and delon is very talented.

Comment

Delon is an infinitely better defender because of his size and length. He’s a better finisher in the paint because of his length and size. He’s a far better ball handler and can handle pressure more effectively. He is a better laser because he can see over the defence and has a better feel for the game. The only thing that Fred is marginally better at is shooting, but Fred isn’t a good enough shooter to make a big enough difference so it doesn’t matter.

Don’t get me wrong, Fred is a guy who gives you big time effort in every minute he plays and I love that but effort doesn’t make up for lack of talent, and delon is very talented.
                        Well okay hmm. But I mean, isn't he roughly as tall as Lowry? And yet Lowry makes up for these limitations with hustle, hard play, and all. As well as great 3 point shooting. So if Vanvleet improves at a good rate over the next few years, learns from Lowry... why couldn't he become something similar?

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                          Well okay hmm. But I mean, isn't he roughly as tall as Lowry? And yet Lowry makes up for these limitations with hustle, hard play, and all. As well as great 3 point shooting. So if Vanvleet improves at a good rate over the next few years, learns from Lowry... why couldn't he become something similar?
                          Well, Lowry's late rise to fame was already an incredible story. VanVleet is well behind where Lowry was at his age, and even at his experience level. So if VanVleet has the same incredible improvement, it is probably to the level of "decent starter." And that is exceedingly unlikely. But we have a team built on exceedingly unlikely, so it's possible, but if we are dealing in possibilities, we should then extend Wright the same benefit of the doubt.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Big difference between young Kyle and VV is athleticism. Young Kyle had it, was a calling card on his scouting report. VV doesn't, which may have been the major reason, even more than his height, he went undrafted.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

VV is getting a chance. He is surrounded by players who have been given chances and improved their games and played their way into the rotation. If that doesn't make him work hard, and give Masai another chance to grab an improving young player on an excellent contract, I don't know what will.

Comment

I think Fred is more than marginally better at shooting, and shooting is pretty much the biggest deal out of any of those talents for a point guard. Not saying he's better than Delon, but as a secondary ball handler when Lowry is already on the floor, you can see why he'd be more useful to have on the court as a 5th option - which is why he's been getting crunch time minutes that Delon mostly had not been getting.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X