Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW UPDATE: Fight for the Toronto Raps! Leave the Huskies in the past. SIGN PETITION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW UPDATE: Fight for the Toronto Raps! Leave the Huskies in the past. SIGN PETITION!

Sign the Counter Petition - Join the Coalition to Keep the Raptors

There's a very weak movement about that wants bring back a local sport team name that belongs in the past. But we say to this: The Huskies Are History!

Our basketball community needs to stop living in the past. If we are to grow we need to focus on the future and harness the power of the present and dedicate ourselves to building a legacy of success. This is the energy that exists in the name of our basketball team: Toronto RAPTORS.

Support the Toronto Raptors NBA nickname by signing this petition. SIGN HERE

Let's all stop trying to live in the past where the Toronto Huskies name rightfully belongs. There absolutely no pride, tradition or mystic surrounding the the Huskies name. The name has a historical purpose in Toronto sports history and it's a relic that belongs to remain a long past memory.

If there's one thing the Toronto basketball franchise currently possesses that has the strength to rally the people of Toronto and the conviction to garner the support of the entire Canadian populous, and that's our name: The Toronto "Raptors" - one of the fierecest, most vicious and deadliest animals to ever exists. Raptors distinctly enbolden the spirit of canadia basketball in Canada.

Let's raise our fists and let's all fight to keep the coolest and most original team nicknames in all professional sports.

Let's Fight to Keep the Toronto Raps!
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Mon May 3, 2010, 04:41 PM.
    RR OG

Uh, isn't the Raptors living in the past? It was named after a popular movie from the 90's.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Common now, dinosaurs were extincted long long time ago . Huskies are still around!

Comment

Now this is a fight worth having. Go Huskies

Comment

Toronto Beavers is still better. Bushy, and catchy.

Comment

How to get Andre Igoudala

Three Team trade:
            Utah gets:Hedo Turkoglu
            Toronto gets:Igoudala
            Philedalphia gets:Raptors and Jazz first round pick+Evans+Banks+somebody else
            http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Sam wrote: View Post
              Now this is a fight worth having. Go Huskies
              FIGHT!

The Huskies were neutered in the 50's for good reason. These people who want to create a clone of the name are suffering with severe dementia.
              RR OG

Comment

Boooooooooooooo

Comment

Raptors is by far the worst name for a sports club I've ever heard. No wonder nobody takes this team seriously when it was named after a stupid family movie from 1994.

Raptors distinctly enbolden the spirit of canadia basketball in Canada
                  What a load of crap that is! If you want a name that enboldens the spirit of canadia basketball then I suggest "Pussies"

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    raptors is by far the worst name for a sports club i've ever heard. No wonder nobody takes this team seriously when it was named after a stupid family movie from 1994.
                    wrong!
                    RR OG

Comment

Raptors is by far the worst name for a sports club I've ever heard. No wonder nobody takes this team seriously when it was named after a stupid family movie from 1994.

What a load of crap that is! If you want a name that enboldens the spirit of canadia basketball then I suggest "Pussies"
                      There's a load of crap from the 50's that's still hasn't been picked up by the owner of the Huskies! Poop & Scoop, you Husky-loving fools!
                      RR OG

Comment

I'm not loving the Huskies, but it's definitely better than the Raptors. At least the Huskies has some meaning to the country. "Raptors" sounded cool in 1995 when Jurassic Park came out. Then the fad died and the name is as pointless as ever.

Comment

I'm not loving the Huskies, but it's definitely better than the Raptors. At least the Huskies has some meaning to the country. "Raptors" sounded cool in 1995 when Jurassic Park came out. Then the fad died and the name is as pointless as ever.
                          Who the hell still remembers Jurassic Park?!?!? Get with the times.
                          RR OG

Comment

The Toronto "Raptors" - one of the fierecest, most vicious and deadliest animals to ever exists.

I'M A RAPTOR FAN FOR LIFE BABY!!!

DINO'S ALL THE WAY!!

Comment

+2 Huskies +1 Just about any other name

If anything, Raptors is the name that belongs in the dustbin of history. It was a family-friendly, Hollywood-inspired gimmick that I've disliked since day 1. I just don't see myself telling my kids (or grandkids) about "Those great championship Raptors teams of the 20xxS".

Maybe a name/branding change will also alter the negative miasma that hangs over this perennially out-of-the-playoffs franchise. (I know, not the way to do it).

Comment

Working...
                              X