Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    I don't get it either...

Ironic that his biggest critic is McHappy... Really??
    Replying to you and e_wheazy: I think most fans love DeRozan. There's just a few people on this board who don't like how he plays.

McHappy is far from Derozan's biggest critic at this point. OldSkoolCool and DanH (sometimes) can be much worse. McHappy usually makes reasonable points, though I think he underrates DeMar's defense slightly and the consistency is probably better than he thinks. I'd go so far to call him the second most consistent Raptor behind Lowry (and Salmons, I guess, but that's a different type of consistency). Shooters are always going to have off nights.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      Replying to you and e_wheazy: I think most fans love DeRozan. There's just a few people on this board who don't like how he plays.

McHappy is far from Derozan's biggest critic at this point. OldSkoolCool and DanH (sometimes) can be much worse. McHappy usually makes reasonable points, though I think he underrates DeMar's defense slightly and the consistency is probably better than he thinks. I'd go so far to call him the second most consistent Raptor behind Lowry (and Salmons, I guess, but that's a different type of consistency). Shooters are always going to have off nights.
      That is it right there.

Nice to know people actually read what is typed.

Comment

• And this is the mentality that is on the boards:

imanshumpert wrote:
        You're not a bad poster and you're not dumb, but you are hard-headed. Very difficult for you to admit you're wrong in an argument and resort to insults when you see you're losing. Relax, cool your shit and I think everything will be alright
        This is the private message from xi...nos...mas....imanshumpert.

I use to be flattered by the infatuation. Now it is just scary.

Comment

• Sooo we all agree that DeMar has exceeded expectations. We all agree that he has made the All-star team. We all agree that everybody in the NBA is talented. We all agree that DeMar is a very hard worker, and a good example to his team mates. We all agree that he is not the best defensive player on the Raptors. We all hope he gets better defensively, particularly with his help defense. We all have seen the slight improvement in assist rate and hope it gets even better.

There seems to be disagreement around whether or not he is average defensively or below average. There seems to be disagreement over whether it is okay to take contested shots from 22 feet when there is still time on the clock.

So I would say we are about 80% in agreement.

Just move along folks, nothing to see here.

Comment

• Have you ever been on a team where there is an obvious team captain who does a great job at being the captain, but there's also a guy who thinks he should be #1? He starts calling the captain out in front of everyone, putting words in his mouth and trying to turn teammates against him.. Bystanders looking on are thinking, "What's this guys problem? Why is he so determined to turn us against the captain?" It's awkward. Awkward for everyone.

On a completely unrelated note, I wouldn't even bother to read these boards if McHAPPY's solid arguments weren't scattered throughout the discussions. It always makes for a good read and something to think about.

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/pCocjIsjoF/

DeRozan today.

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                gotta love it. he's gonna get good
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

YESSS!!! Dudes working on his fucking handles!!! This makes me so happy!!!
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Hopefully this doesn't mean all ISO, all the time.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Hopefully this doesn't mean all ISO, all the time.
                      Hopefully not but it for sure means he won't be dribbling off his foot at the end of games anymore!!!... Hopefully!

Comment

• Demar + good handles + better D =
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I'm excited to see him try out all his new moves when the team plays in Montreal!

Comment

• It's getting harder and harder for you guys to hate on Dd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              It's getting harder and harder for you guys to hate on Dd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Oh trust me, they'll always find a way.

Comment

Oh trust me, they'll always find a way.
                                Why isn't he working on his 3 point shot in this 15 second video?

Where are the defensive slides?

Why isn't he out feeding the homeless instead of practicing a stupid sport?

Etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X