Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the starting small forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be the starting small forward?

From what I have seen all through the pre season games and what I have seen in the first 3 regular season games ; I have to say that Alan Anderson deserves the right to be the starting small forward. He has shown much more on offence and defense then what Fields has shown. Fields has really done very little to show that he deserves the starting small forward job. I would start Anderson from now on until L. Fields earns the job back!! It is only fair that Anderson who has earned the job through his constant work ethic!!! Give Anderson the start with Fields coming off the bench!

I would give Fields 10 games with the starters if he doesnt impove, start AA maybe it will be the kick in the butt that fields needed and he'll improve his game and start earning his benjamins

Comment

My Alan Anderson as starting 3 prediction is looking better and better with every Landry jumpshot.

Comment

Really?after 3 games? Anyhow do you think Brian would have his prize free agent come off the bench so soon?
        I would be more concerned about Andrea if I were you, Landry isn't on the team for his scoring prowess.

Comment

Anderson provides some nice stability for the 2nd unit. Although his play (so far) is deserving of the starting gig, I think keeping Fields as the starter is the safer play for now. But I have no problem playing Anderson more minutes than Fields.

Comment

if you let him, alan anderson can be a bit of a chucker (I promise im not confusing him with gary forbes), if he can continue to play within himself then it's a great idea.

Comment

As awful as hes been, it should still be Feilds. We have plenty of scorers on the starting lineup.. so if you put him to the bench, the 2nd unit will be even worse. I think Casey has it about right .. play fields for 6-8 mins, get him outa there, and then do the same in the 2nd half.
              T Ross needs run (although I admit looks scared and awful) - and AA should get more minutes than LF - but hes a better fit with the 2nd unit than Fields would be.

Comment

You guys want 6'6" Alan Anderson starting the next game against 6'9" Kevin Durant?
                His shooting shouldn't be the only factor in consideration...

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                  You guys want 6'6" Alan Anderson starting the next game against 6'9" Kevin Durant?
                  His shooting shouldn't be the only factor in consideration...
                  Good example of an average everyday small forward in the NBA.

Comment

AA has really only stood out ONE game (last night, against a mediocre defense), and I think people are undervaluing Fields because he hasn't lived up to expectations so far. But that doesn't mean he's the worse option to start. Besides, I'm of the opinion that Anderson's shooting is better served off the bench, since it's the second unit that needs the scoring punch.

As for tomorrow night, I'd like to see a heavy dose of Dominic McGuire on KD if he starts off hot, as I'm not sure Fields or Anderson can do much to slow him down.

Comment

I like Fields in the starting lineup. Rebounding, defense, and finding people off the dribble. Not on the team to be an offensive option, but to do everything else.

Alan Anderson though... I'm a huge fan, I'd rather him off the bench where Calderon, Amir, Anderson, Ed can really flourish. Ross getting his shot back to form, and Kleiza back will really help out the bench.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

phillythekid wrote: View Post
                        AA has really only stood out ONE game (last night, against a mediocre defense), and I think people are undervaluing Fields because he hasn't lived up to expectations so far. But that doesn't mean he's the worse option to start. Besides, I'm of the opinion that Anderson's shooting is better served off the bench, since it's the second unit that needs the scoring punch.

As for tomorrow night, I'd like to see a heavy dose of Dominic McGuire on KD if he starts off hot, as I'm not sure Fields or Anderson can do much to slow him down.
                        Interesting idea. I would kind of like to see McGuire start (just for tonight's matchup) to neutralize Durant. Might be the 1st quarter spark we need to win a tough game on the road.

Then again, I think Fields' defense has been underrated so far since most people have been focused on his lack of offense.

Comment

Working...
                        X