This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vellassco wrote: View Post
    Win Shares directly proportional to team wins. They are hardly used in players individual performances.
    2006-2007 the Magic finished with the same record as the Raptors did this season yet Hedo's DWS was three times as high in 06-07 than 09-10.

Vellassco wrote: View Post
    Generally, Its really hard to calculate defensive individual performances from stats due to defense is more about team work. Just watch again his last games. He elevated his effort level at end of the season for sure.
    If you look across the league at the top defensive players, the defensive stats have been a good gauge of their on court defensive worth. You can try to discredit it but we have a large group of people saying Hedo sucks on defense and stats are backing it up. That's not case closed on the debate but the case of Hedo's bad defense is much stronger than your case.

Comment

I really hope Hedo will be gone soon, I can stand to see his mug on the Raptors squad. He may be a skilled bball player but he has a bad attitude/character and a lazy ass! Move the party boy as far as possible from Toronto ... eventually back to Turkey!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        2006-2007 the Magic finished with the same record as the Raptors did this season yet Hedo's DWS was three times as high in 06-07 than 09-10.
        If you look at how to calculate DWS , you will see that its also proportional with teams defensive ratings. 06-07 season Magic finished at 6th place at Defensive Rating with (104.1) while 09-10 season Raptors at bottom of the league with (113.2).

There are also lots of other variables for DWS: team defensive possessions, league points per possession, league points per game, team pace, league pace... etc. on that particular years. You cant fix those variables and degrade player defense into one value esp comparing them year to year and team to team.

As opposed to your move i can ask you how you describe his Career High Defensive Rating (113) under Raptors uniform (This was 105 at 06-07 season if you care). At leas this one (estimation of points allowed per 100 possession) has only one variable.

Look Apollo, Stats are fun to play. There will be no winner at the end of this debate. Just like Math; Someone can prove you 2+2=5 with playing numbers.

Believe what you want believe , so do i.
        Last edited by Vellassco; Mon Jun 21, 2010, 07:15 PM. Reason: grammar corrections, still there may have some:)

Comment

Working...
        X