X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need to get a good shooter now
    ya dun noe

Comment

I don't get why the Grizz would do this? They managed to resign Gay which was perfect, along with Mayo, Z-Bo, and Gasol, these guy's have a really strong core, and could easily be the surprise team in the West. Henry is exactly what you want to add! Typical Grizzly think tank stuff I guess.

Comment

You've got a point. I can honestly see him as a 2 and Demar being a 3 with another 10lbs of muscle added on. Very true, big money for Gay, free agents to be of Randolph, Gasol and Mayo and Memphis is a small market. Here is a good article on Mayo and his possibility of leaving: http://3sob.com/archives/57-august-2...er-this-season

It was my never my intention to kick Jose around. lol. We should trade Jack and some other assets then if we have a chance of getting Henry and either one of Gasol, Thabeet or Mayo. Read the article to know the reason why I even mentioned Mayo.

Comment

Damn, I wish that the title of this thread would be updated and become a sticky
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

jk1m wrote: View Post
            You've got a point. I can honestly see him as a 2 and Demar being a 3 with another 10lbs of muscle added on. Very true, big money for Gay, free agents to be of Randolph, Gasol and Mayo and Memphis is a small market. Here is a good article on Mayo and his possibility of leaving: http://3sob.com/archives/57-august-2...er-this-season

It was my never my intention to kick Jose around. lol. We should trade Jack and some other assets then if we have a chance of getting Henry and either one of Gasol, Thabeet or Mayo. Read the article to know the reason why I even mentioned Mayo.
            Mayo winding up in Toronto? Its this kind of statement that gets me wet. Could you imagine the USC boys teaming up!? California Canada anybody?

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              No news so far from the Raptors LSM, inside bloggers or team management that the Raptors are interested.
              he wasn't asking that. he just wanted to know what you think he could be had for.

even though i'm not surprised they aren't avidly interested, i mean, demar,sonny,barbosa all can play sg.

even though both demar and sonny can play sf we have kleiza there and wright so there's no room.

but, i'm pretty sure we had this discussion on another thread a while back, i think it was called "Xavier Henry anyone", i'll look for it.

scratch that isee buddah foudn it.
              Last edited by LBF; Fri Aug 20, 2010, 12:21 PM. Reason: buddah already suggested it.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                Mayo winding up in Toronto? Its this kind of statement that gets me wet. Could you imagine the USC boys teaming up!? California Canada anybody?
                If Mayo could learn to play PG without turning the ball over so much I think it would be simply awesome
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

you love that red ink, eh?
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I asked a similar question about Henry in Trade Proposal a day or two ago.

I'd offer Heat's 1st rounder and $3M (max allowed).

As for getting Thabeet, I think it is too early for Grizz to give up on him especially with uncertainty regarding Gasol.

As for Calderon, he is not going to Memphis - guaranteed he goes to Charlotte - just a matter of how. The rumours of Ford-Calderon-Dampier in the 4 team deal with Ariza tells me that the deal is on the back burner (again) until September 13 when Dampier's contract can be moved with other players.

Comment

@LBF: I understand your point of view. Would you consider trading Barbosa and Wright or maybe Kleiza to bring in Henry?

@Buddahfan: Yeah, it would be amazing if we can get him and he learns to play the PG position. I've read up that Mayo is trying to improve on PG related skills.

@Matt52: That is a good offer but I think Memphis would want a bit more. How about include Evan's expiring because it seems they are trying to cut back and sign their soon to be FA's Randolph, Gasol and/or Mayo. For Calderon maybe we can include a 3 team trade involving Charlotte as well.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I asked a similar question about Henry in Trade Proposal a day or two ago.

I'd offer Heat's 1st rounder and $3M (max allowed).

As for getting Thabeet, I think it is too early for Grizz to give up on him especially with uncertainty regarding Gasol.

As for Calderon, he is not going to Memphis - guaranteed he goes to Charlotte - just a matter of how. The rumours of Ford-Calderon-Dampier in the 4 team deal with Ariza tells me that the deal is on the back burner (again) until September 13 when Dampier's contract can be moved with other players.
                        Ford and Dampier -

That will for sure increase the chances of Raptors 10-11 bashers being correct.

Ford - Been there, done it. No thanks No interest in a recycled Ford. Seems to me that we could be talking Ford-Edsel here. I wouldn't even by a new one, why a used one?
                        Dampier - A taller and older version of last season's Reggie Evans.

Comment

I'd offer up Weems, our 2012 first rounder, and cash. The idea here is that the Raps would then make a play for Thaddeus Young in the next offseason. The Raps could then have a SG rotation of Derozan and Henry and a SF rotation of Young and Kleiza, with DD and Henry both able to play the 3 as well.

With those players, the Raps could play small and very fast with Derozan at the 2, Henry at the 3, Young at the 4 and Davis/Johnson at the 5. They could go big and shooter-heavy with Henry at the 2, Young at the 3, Bargs at the 4 and Alabi (assuming he develops well) at the 5. Both scenarios play unorthodox, but would be difficult to match up against. Kleiza would be a great role-player with those players ahead of him in the rotation, as he is a more offensively oriented version of Young. Derozan, Henry, Young and Kleiza can as well play multiple positions. In short, the Raps would have a real and deep wing rotation for the first time basically ever.

Add that to the 2 picks next year - where hopefully we can pick up a franchise PG, and maybe another C - and the Raps would be in an enviable position going forward, particularly with Barbosa and his expiring contract being a pretty good trade asset.

Hypothetically (2011 rotation):

Rookie 1/Calderon
                          Derozan/Henry
                          Young/Kleiza
                          Davis/Johnson
                          Bargnani/Alabi/Rookie 5

Give the above team a year or two to gel and the Raps are looking pretty good. Low salary obligations, youth up and down, with a ton of talent at all positions. We look weak slightly at the 3, but that's where Derozan and Henry being able to move to SF becomes a big asset. As an added bonus, the second unit is almost perfectly complimentary. The only thing it's missing is a slasher. Perhaps Henry could develop some dribble moves.

Comment

This thread is clear case of fans getting excited for no logical reason.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                              This thread is clear case of fans getting excited for no logical reason.

Comment

getting him would make too much sense. so its never going to happen.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X