Ex-NBA Player Eric Williams - I'm Homeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Are you 70 years old? Its alot of money but you're talking lasting your life witht your lifestyle. I dont think nba players are driving kias and bargain hunting at Costco
    frankly i dont care what car i drive. If that makes me 70, then so be it
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think what gets lost in these stories is the system, and the myriad of social and economical, starting from infancy that lead to the way pro athletes.....some of them, end up thinking. So it is sad. Sure, you can be disappointed with how these guys waste money, because really, it IS irresponsible. But once it happens, its horribly unfortunate and its sad.

I cannot understand how, or why people continue to pile negativity or disapproval on guys when they have made mistakes, failed, and hit the bottom. This guy understand what he's done, he lives it everyday, and he lives likely a really shitty life now.

I feel like he deserves to deal with his consequences, we all do, but I for one won't judge, or put hate or negativity towards this guy.... i truly just have sympathy and hope he can at the least get back to even ground.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I think what gets lost in these stories is the system, and the myriad of social and economical, starting from infancy that lead to the way pro athletes.....some of them, end up thinking. So it is sad. Sure, you can be disappointed with how these guys waste money, because really, it IS irresponsible. But once it happens, its horribly unfortunate and its sad.

I cannot understand how, or why people continue to pile negativity or disapproval on guys when they have made mistakes, failed, and hit the bottom. This guy understand what he's done, he lives it everyday, and he lives likely a really shitty life now.

I feel like he deserves to deal with his consequences, we all do, but I for one won't judge, or put hate or negativity towards this guy.... i truly just have sympathy and hope he can at the least get back to even ground.
        It seems for most people, its so easy to shit on the poor. Yell at them, tell them its their fault, they didnt work hard enough, they didnt make the right decisions. "The opportunities are there I tell you!"

Wheres the empathy towards 90% of the world's society?

This guy finds himself at the top of the 1% of wealth in the world and squanders it. This is a time where I can truly say he DID have opportunities. The world did not conspire against him. He made his own decisions and this is the result. I feel empathy that it had to happen to him, but he blew a pretty wide margin for error and his place in the universe is set accordingly.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          How does this happen? 12 seasons? How many millions can you possibly lose...?
          It's no different than how many people who win the lottery end up exactly where they started not too long afterwards.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

People have wildly varying opinions + ideas about spending and saving money.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              People have wildly varying opinions + ideas about spending and saving money.
              And some of those opinions clearly leave you homeless.

Comment

Working...
              X