No announcement yet.

Bosh Talks About the Summer After Heat Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it all comes down to it, do we really think Bosh is going to want an extra 10+ Million dollars in his contract, or a CHAMPIONSHIP? Which is more important to him?

He's already rich.

I can see him saying "F*** the money" (It's not like there's much difference between 20 and 30 million dollars... after a certain point, you're just "rich" and stop caring about EXACTLY how many MILLIONS you have).

Not that I'm speaking from experience. But if there's a chance for Bosh to be holding a trophy in a years time, I'd say he's willing to sacrifice a LOT to get there.

Scott.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      i disagree, bosh is turning into vc right before he was ready to leave. whining and shit, it's pathetic get the fuck off my team if you don't want to be... ah, for frig sakes bosh you make me so angry i forgot what i was going to say, you pathetic person, you disgust me.

pardon my french.
      How is CB turning into VC?! Not even close my friend. Try again. Is it not understandable that a top 5 player in the league would want to compete for a title after 7 YEARS of mostly mediocrity? After watching the Raps this past season I totally understand why CB would want to jump ship and play for a legit team. I really hope Dino fans don't turn into douchebags and boo him when he makes his return to T Dot, just cuz he choose to leave.

Comment

Entertain? Um, it's not up to you at that point BC. You're lucky if some other team is willing to give up more than a first rounder and a has-been at that point.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          How many NBA players in the last decade have given up $10 million or more in order to play in a better situation?
          How many NBA players have stuck with a below-average team for 6 years in a row when never having gotten past the first-round?

Comment

Multiple teams vieing for Bosh's services would do a world of good to the exchange of talent coming back.

As has been noted a while back, this is going to be one intense poker game...Bosh on the one hand dealing with the extras available from the Raps (and s&t) vs. just walking ...and BC taking it to the brink, reading the tea leaves correctly and making the trade (not daring CB to walk leaving the cash on the table).

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              How is CB turning into VC?! Not even close my friend. Try again. Is it not understandable that a top 5 player in the league would want to compete for a title after 7 YEARS of mostly mediocrity? After watching the Raps this past season I totally understand why CB would want to jump ship and play for a legit team. I really hope Dino fans don't turn into douchebags and boo him when he makes his return to T Dot, just cuz he choose to leave.
              I can see some parallels. One is his increased satisfaction in his jump shot. He settles far too often for a jumper. Maybe he does it for different reasons than Vince, I don't know, but he's been doing it all the same. Leadership is another one. It is becoming all the more apparent that Bosh is weak in the leadership department, just as Vince was. Both are slack on defense, not taking advantage of their great gifts. Both could be lock down defenders if they wanted to be. Wwhen Carter was coming up for extension he sought greater input on the direction of the team in terms of teammates. Bosh recently expressed a similar desire moving forward. He wants a hand in deciding who his teammates are on whatever team he commits to.

I don't think Raptors fans would boo Bosh. If he leaves now its on good terms. He came here, he gave the team some good years and truth be told he's not the player who can lead a team to greatness. He has talent but he's missing the signs of greatest that are cannot be measured on a stats sheet.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I can see some parallels. One is his increased satisfaction in his jump shot. He settles far too often for a jumper. Maybe he does it for different reasons than Vince, I don't know, but he's been doing it all the same. Leadership is another one. It is becoming all the more apparent that Bosh is weak in the leadership department, just as Vince was. Both are slack on defense, not taking advantage of their great gifts. Both could be lock down defenders if they wanted to be. Wwhen Carter was coming up for extension he sought greater input on the direction of the team in terms of teammates. Bosh recently expressed a similar desire moving forward. He wants a hand in deciding who his teammates are on whatever team he commits to.

I don't think Raptors fans would boo Bosh. If he leaves now its on good terms. He came here, he gave the team some good years and truth be told he's not the player who can lead a team to greatness. He has talent but he's missing the signs of greatest that are cannot be measured on a stats sheet.
                For better or worse, hasn't CB's game always primarily been reliant on his jump shot? How is it any different now? Sure there have been times over the seasons where CB has tried to be more of a post player (the first half of both this season and last come to mind) but for the most part his bread and butter has been his jumper.

Leadership you say? Hasn't his strength as a leader always been questioned since he became the "man" on this team? Again, how is this any different now? It's not like he has always been a dominant leader, and suddenly switched it off before he dips. He doesn't seem to be like Wince, where he has called it quits on his team, teammates and city because he knew he was leaving. If anything, it seems that it is just harder for him to hide his frustrations at such a disappointing season, especially considering it was supposed to turn out better.

Bosh can be a lockdown defender? That might be stretching it.

Comparing CB's and Wince's desire for greater team input, is irrelevant imo when attempting to compare the two. Doesn't every star player want to have a greater say in team dealings, especially when it comes to bringing players in? LBJ, Wade, Nash, Kobe, Dirk, Shaq etc. have all expressed similar sentiments.

Is it frustrating watching Bosh settle for jumpers when he has the quicks and ability to do more? Absolutely.

Is it frustrating watching (from an outsiders perspective mind you) CB lack the leadership skills needed to help the team forward? Sure.

But to try and compare CB and Wince's exit's, imo is premature and a stretch to say the least.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  How many NBA players have stuck with a below-average team for 6 years in a row when never having gotten past the first-round?
                  See also: Tracy McGrady

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    Exactly. Bosh won't leave the Raptors hanging though. He'll pick a team and give Colangelo a chance to get something back but if Colangelo can't then you know what Colangelo can do... Kiss his ass goodbye is what he can do.

Comment

Working...
                    X