Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

So.........this thread will be quiet for a while?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This is likely Kyles lone run at this kind of press coverage and "me time" in the press while in free agency. He loves the spotlight and its going to be on him for a few more days.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• fuck em sign someone else
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          This is likely Kyles lone run at this kind of press coverage and "me time" in the press while in free agency. He loves the spotlight and its going to be on him for a few more days.
          OR.. he is coping up with us in screwing up Miami.

Masai might have told him to mingle with Heat's idea for a couple of weeks just so that the Heat miss out on every other free agents. Then Kyle flips the switch last min and be like "FUCK YOU PAT" #WeTheNorth

EDIT: Heat already missed out on Livingston and Gortat
          Last edited by ball4life; Tue Jul 1, 2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• He's a lynchpin... other guys who may sign for midlevel and mini mid level are probably waiting for Lowry to make up his mind
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              fuck em sign someone else

Eric Bledsoe..right

This is big decision by Lowry,let's give him time,he deserves it..the raptors did attempted 2 trade him before the raptors started 2 become relevant..ie(Getting rid of Rudy Gay and becoming a team)..so yeah,I'm not 2 worried,will c what happens.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                OR.. he is coping up with us in screwing up Miami.

Masai might have told him to mingle with Heat's idea for a couple of weeks just so that the Heat miss out on every other free agents. Then Kyle flips the switch last min and be like "FUCK YOU PAT" #WeTheNorth

EDIT: Heat already missed out on Livingston and Gortat
                Damn, I would love for there to actually be such a Frank Underwood-like plot.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

*double knock on the table"

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Don't we all..Zoe Barnes

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Matt Moore over at CBS sports is writing what we all have thinking and saying. That the super friends really aren't going to be playing for free.

This is just going to be as much fun to watch as a Rob Ford outing at a wine tour.

Lebron has put these guys in a very uncomfortable position. He wants it all. He wants the max for a short term 2 years and then leaves the other friends to have to sign longer term deals to just get what they are owed back. (4 year deals at 15 each). Lebron can also walk and leave them holding the bag. Lebrons a bag allright a douche bag. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys .

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ported-paycuts
                      I feel weird defending Lebron, but he has been criminally underpaid (in terms of salary) for the past four years. He's the best player in the league, and if there was no salary cap, teams would be throwing $40M a year at him.

The last year must have be a wake-up call for him, realizing how much he was actually carrying his team. Without Lebron, an injured Wade and Bosh don't make it past the second round. Simple as that.

Comment

• The drama continues....

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                          I feel weird defending Lebron, but he has been criminally underpaid (in terms of salary) for the past four years. He's the best player in the league, and if there was no salary cap, teams would be throwing $40M a year at him.

The last year must have be a wake-up call for him, realizing how much he was actually carrying his team. Without Lebron, an injured Wade and Bosh don't make it past the second round. Simple as that.
                          Precisely. Anybody saying he doesn't deserve or shouldn't ask for max must be kidding themselves. Let us remember that MJ was earning $33M/season in the late 90's. LeBron has been carrying the Heat and the Association for the last four years, he deserves every single penny.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

agreed. and if lebron is a douchebag for getting money he deserves, then that makes kyle lowry look like a huge asshole.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              fuck em sign someone else
                              I agree, if Lowry isn't too concerned about the Raptors possibility to look for other options at PG while he mulls his decision then it means he doesn't value Toronto as his top choice anymore.

He is like the ugly girl who is taking "a break" from her relationship and is seriously thinking of dumping her boyfriend for someone else because she became prettier over time and the more popular boys are now paying her much more attention. The boyfriend best decision if he sees all this is not wait for her, but to pursue other girls.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                I agree, if Lowry isn't too concerned about the Raptors possibility to look for other options at PG while he mulls his decision then it means he doesn't value Toronto as his top choice anymore.

He is like the ugly girl who is taking "a break" from her relationship and is seriously thinking of dumping her boyfriend for someone else because she became prettier over time and the more popular boys are now paying her much more attention. The boyfriend best decision if he sees all this is not wait for her, but to pursue other girls.
                                Very good analogy. I've been saying it doesn't look like Lowry is resigning with us. To me all signs point to him signing in Houston. But a lot of the Toronto media think he'll resign and a lot of the fans do as well so we will see. But I remember a lot of people being very optimistic Chris Bosh would resign and look what happened. I started believing it too because everyone was so positive. Well it ain't happening this time, I'm going with my gut feeling
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X