Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    isn't "beard" the codeword for a chick who's dating a gay dude who's pretending he's straight?
    I've heard it used both ways. But I'm far from an expert on urban slang. You dig, jive turkey.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I checked 10 minutes later and Bargnani was actually number 1.

His trade value now is at his highest it will ever be.

That's nice, but irrelevant since Bryan is smart enough to know that he's a very good player and because of the euro bias in the league probably wouldnt get equal or greater value for him anyway...

Comment

• Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Dec 10, 2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post
          It's occurred to me lately that if Bosh stayed, and learned to meld with Bargs, we'd have a potent front court. I remember being excited at the possible one/two punch of big men Toronto would have in Bosh and Bargnani. Bosh, Bargnani, Evans, Jose and Barbosa; now there's a nice starting five.

I'm beginning to think that Brian actually had a vision. To bad Rupaul messed it up.
          Two predominantly jump shooting big men who are more finese than power and do not enjoy the defensive side of the ball are not a good combination, IMO.

I think Ed Davis will be a better pairing. He has already bulked up enough where he does not look out of place or one would think he is overly skinny. Give him a few more pounds of muscle along with experience and it could be scary for the 11other teams that passed on him (WSH is not included for obvious reasons). Plus he appears to enjoy the dirty work or at the very least does it anyways.

Comment

• He just came back from an thigh contusion (was out 1 game) and stuck it to the Pistons (who drafted him and didn't give him time then traded him away) by blocking a career high 7 shots and scoring 11 points grabbing 5 rebounds and 2 assists in 37 min.

He currently is leading the league with 63 total blocks and per48 of 5.8 blocks and is second to bogut (who hasn't played as many games) with 2.86 blocks per game. He is on pace to shatter Garnett's single season Timberwolves record of total blocks in a season.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Dec 11, 2010, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• BC Needs to Trade Bargnani Now

After tonight's performance by Mr. Nodoz it seems like the Raptors will never win with Bargnani starting.

I doubt he would be willing to go to the bench so maybe it is time to just move him.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• In my opinion, Weems and DeRozan would be prime candidates to move before Bargnani.

The Raptors have two wings who the opposing teams can hang off to clog up the paint without fear of knocking down the three point shot or creating anything off the bounce and as bad as Bargnani is on defense, these guys aren't winning any awards anytime soon.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  In my opinion, Weems and DeRozan would be prime candidates to move before Bargnani.

The Raptors have two wings who the opposing teams can hang off to clog up the paint without fear of knocking down the three point shot or creating anything off the bounce and as bad as Bargnani is on defense, these guys aren't winning any awards anytime soon.
                  The facts are the facts.

The Raptors have been consistently outscored all season when Bargnani and/or Evans is on the court.

It is one thing to get lit up by someone like Granger but to get outplayed by Mohammed, give me a break.

Mohammed could hardly get off the bench when he played for the Pistons.

He is a serviceable backup and not a legit decent starter.

Trade Bargnani now.
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 11:12 PM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Bargnani is above petty things like playing defense.

Comment

• I really need to add a "yawns" smilie because another trade Andrea thread is getting old Buddah.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      In my opinion, Weems and DeRozan would be prime candidates to move before Bargnani
                      +1 ...... But I'd part with Weems long before DeMar. (ie see my Weems rant)

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        I really need to add a "yawns" smilie because another trade Andrea thread is getting old Buddah.

+1 ...... But I'd part with Weems long before DeMar. (ie see my Weems rant)
                        Hey I have been meaning to ask you, who is that old school player in your avatar?!

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          I really need to add a "yawns" smilie because another trade Andrea thread is getting old Buddah.
                          So pick one and make it a "sticky" and people won't need to keep creating new ones.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Hey I have been meaning to ask you, who is that old school player in your avatar?!
                            My favorite player Hotshot ...... Rick Mahorn.

Comment

• Bargs doesn't need to be traded, but there's still a severe lack of defending on this team. Half the time guys like Bargnani and Weems don't play defense or don't try hard on defense. Then, this non-chalantness spills over to the offensive end, and we end up throwing around stupid TO's from not dribbling properly or from bad passes.

Comment

• (Yawn)

In the immortal words of Denny Green, this team is what I thought it was. They are a young team that might have talent that are going to be wildly inconsistent and anyone waiting for Bargnani to be a 'franchise player' will have to keep waiting. No one needs to be traded or moved or shot or whatever. Right now, they just aren't a good team. Whether it's because they need time because they are young or just not talented, we'll just have to see. I suspect it is the latter, but whatever. What I suspect this game confirms however is that if Bargnani isn't scoring, he's not exactly helping the team win in different ways and that's something a franchise player (hell, even a Carlos Boozer type player) can do.

What WAS interesting is that they built a lead in the first half with a Davis-Johnson-DeRozan-Weems-Bayless lineup and while the next time they were out there they didn't look so hot, I have a weird feeling that could be a decent lineup in the future.

And I can't wait until I hear the "See how Calderon is so valuable to this team" chatter, because if he was playing, he would obviously help prevent the likes of Kwame Brown and Nazr Mohammed getting deep post position....

Comment

Working...
                                X