2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Didn't see the end (don't get me started) of the Kansas game but T-Rob looked awful. He'd defer when he should've taken it or take really ill advised, awful shots. Bad game for him. Should be awesome watching him and Davis go at it.
    In saying that T)Rob looked awful you must have only watched the first 6 minutes of the game. At the beginning he missed 6 easy looks, but he had great positioning. He loosened up after he came in after his "benching". He carried Kansas last night! Great hustle plays, and really can shoot the ball. I'm not sure if he will be able to do the same thing in the NBA, but he looked good last night against college players.

I agree it will be interesting to see how he handles Davis. I hope he takes it up strong and doesn't shy away from him. Davis dominated last nights game on defence! Very impressive!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      In saying that T)Rob looked awful you must have only watched the first 6 minutes of the game. At the beginning he missed 6 easy looks, but he had great positioning. He loosened up after he came in after his "benching". He carried Kansas last night! Great hustle plays, and really can shoot the ball. I'm not sure if he will be able to do the same thing in the NBA, but he looked good last night against college players.

I agree it will be interesting to see how he handles Davis. I hope he takes it up strong and doesn't shy away from him. Davis dominated last nights game on defence! Very impressive!
      i would like to see how davis' scrawny arms handle trob' power. should be a great matchup.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i would like to see how davis' scrawny arms handle trob' power. should be a great matchup.
        Anthony Davis' skills make up for his lack of body strength. There's a reason why Robinson is top 5, and Davis is number 1.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Been so much talk about T-R0B lately thought I would give so the Bradley Beal fans some love

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wonder how much growing Davis still has to do? With his frame, I wouldn't be surprised if he put on 20 pounds over the next few years.

Comment

• I know there's a few Terrence Ross fans here so you'll be happy to hear he's declared for the draft.

Fab Melo too
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Wonder how much growing Davis still has to do? With his frame, I wouldn't be surprised if he put on 20 pounds over the next few years.
                I would. He's going to be one of those players that's thin his whole career, like Garnett or Camby. Not necessarily a bad thing, he's got the athleticism to make up for it. You'd definitely want to pair him with a bigger center though.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• a couple guys that will probably go late first that i'd keep an eye on are Doron Lamb and Darius Miller of KU. Lamb is mostly a spot shooter but he's a really fantastic shooter. A little undersized for the 2 at 6'4 but i like him a lot and the team has obvious shooting woes that he could really help.

Miller is really underrated. Right now a lot of boards have him at the top of the second round but i suspect he'll be a first rounder in no time. He's been solid and would most likely be starting if it weren't for MKG. Realistically, if he was on any other team he'd be starting. He does everything well. If we did go Beal or Robinson with our pick i'd be pretty pumped to see them try and nab him later on.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I've really enjoyed watching Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas through the tourney. I'm not sure if he's a PG or SG, but he's a leader and shows no fear when taking it to the rim. He might be a good pick up with the later 2nd round pick.

Comment

• He's intriguing but he'd drive everyone here crazy. Pass.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• That's IF he could crack the rotation. Our other 50 something pick, Alabi, has yet to get enough minutes to actually get anyone excited or disappointed. I think Taylor is worth a 50 something pick. The more likely scenario would be the Raptors packaging the two second round picks in a deal, but you never know.

I keep doubting Kansas, but they keep gutting out wins with heart and Robinson and Taylor are their ring leaders. Hopefully it's a competetive game agains Kentucky.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          That's IF he could crack the rotation. Our other 50 something pick, Alabi, has yet to get enough minutes to actually get anyone excited or disappointed. I think Taylor is worth a 50 something pick. The more likely scenario would be the Raptors packaging the two second round picks in a deal, but you never know.

I keep doubting Kansas, but they keep gutting out wins with heart and Robinson and Taylor are their ring leaders. Hopefully it's a competetive game agains Kentucky.
                          There's other 2nd round prospects i like better.

yeah, tonights going to be a good game.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ford's new mock draft on ESPN has the Raptors taking Beal with the #4 pick (Davis, MKG, Robinson are top 3 picks).

Comment

• Oof
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• It's amazing what moving up from 5 to 4 does in terms of options
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X